Beaumont Central vs New Caney

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, workbootz said:

Central best passer is sitting on the sideline.  I would like to see Central win but I think they lose by 3 TDs.

Curious why you would like to see Central win. I thought you were a Dayton supporter, I was there last year supporting the Broncos against PNG. I try and support my district as much as possible.

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I would say run the dang offense. 

New Caney's defense is pretty good. They shut our offense out in the second half but I'm sure our 100 yards in penalties helped. Central is playing with such a thin margin of error it's hard to see where they have advantages X's and O's wise. I think they give up 21 to New Caney on scheme alone.

Question is how many more do they give up from Marte Allison and Jordan Cooper making individual plays? I see Central gave up 100+ rushing yards and three tds to PNG's qb. New Caney's qb Cooper is a heavier, more physical runner who's very hard to contain off the read-option fakes. I would compare New Caney to PNG with a slightly less potent passing game but a more physical run game and better defense. 

21 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Curious why you would like to see Central win. I thought you were a Dayton supporter, I was there last year supporting the Broncos against PNG. I try and support my district as much as possible.

Yes I bleed purple but I live in Beaumont.  Central is the only team is pull for in 22-5A.

11 hours ago, workbootz said:

Central best passer is sitting on the sideline.  I would like to see Central win but I think they lose by 3 TDs.

I agree that the better passer is sitting on the sideline but like i told his dad, unless an injury forces him into playing, at this point, I'd rather them not make the change.  If there was going to be a change, it should have happened early in the season, just like last year.  Stick with what got you here and if it comes to an end this week, so be it.  My son (a WR) will enjoy having him in the passing game next year.

This game will be better and closer than most think...

Just got through looking at the brackets on the UIL website.  I love my school but regardless of who wins this week, Manvel will be waiting for them in the 2nd round.  They've beaten Crosby, North Shore and Pearland didn't even score on them.  Nobody in their district really gave them a legitimate scare. 

So to the Eagles and Jaguars, lets enjoy this one...

13 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

New Caney's defense is pretty good. They shut our offense out in the second half but I'm sure our 100 yards in penalties helped. Central is playing with such a thin margin of error it's hard to see where they have advantages X's and O's wise. I think they give up 21 to New Caney on scheme alone.

Question is how many more do they give up from Marte Allison and Jordan Cooper making individual plays? I see Central gave up 100+ rushing yards and three tds to PNG's qb. New Caney's qb Cooper is a heavier, more physical runner who's very hard to contain off the read-option fakes. I would compare New Caney to PNG with a slightly less potent passing game but a more physical run game and better defense. 

I think Crosby kill their D if Netherly was 100%.One time he ran into his own player and that was a TD IMO. WR's were open all over the field but he wasn't letting it go nor was he damaging them with the run. Crosby could have beat the brakes off those guys IMO. If the ref's don't call back that TD it puts NC in a position were they have to pass which their O-line was not going to hold up. Once they got that break they went to the ground with QB and made it a game. Ref's was off the chain that game.

1 hour ago, songone said:

I think Crosby kill their D if Netherly was 100%.One time he ran into his own player and that was a TD IMO. WR's were open all over the field but he wasn't letting it go nor was he damaging them with the run. Crosby could have beat the brakes off those guys IMO. If the ref's don't call back that TD it puts NC in a position were they have to pass which their O-line was not going to hold up. Once they got that break they went to the ground with QB and made it a game. Ref's was off the chain that game.

I think every Crosby fan I talked to agrees with what you said verbatim. As a fan of a team whose head coach averages 10 wins per season all I can do is watch and hope we keep winning. I do think New Caney is probably better than any team we'll play at the D2 level until a possible third round game with Georgetown though. 

2 hours ago, songone said:

So is their O-line suspect ?

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

So is their O-line suspect ?

IMO yes when it comes to pass blocking. Problem is the scrambling ability of the QB. If you do not contain him you are in trouble. As far as the run game its decent esp with the dual threat at QB... Their play calling is good so the kept Crosby off balance once the ref's saved them. 

40 minutes ago, songone said:

IMO yes when it comes to pass blocking. Problem is the scrambling ability of the QB. If you do not contain him you are in trouble. As far as the run game its decent esp with the dual threat at QB... Their play calling is good so the kept Crosby off balance once the ref's saved them. 

Sounds like you're kind of hung up on the refs. Both teams had calls that hurt them. The refs were not a deciding factor in that game. The players committing the infractions are the ones that put their teams in jeopardy. The Oline has held up enough for Cooper to have a pretty good year passing. 

19 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Sounds like you're kind of hung up on the refs. Both teams had calls that hurt them. The refs were not a deciding factor in that game. The players committing the infractions are the ones that put their teams in jeopardy. The Oline has held up enough for Cooper to have a pretty good year passing. 

I never said the refs were the deciding factor. I said the ref's were bad IMO. I guarantee that wasn't a block in the back that erased that TD. That TD could have changed the play calling for NC in which they (IMO) would have had issues handling the blitz from Crosby if forced to throw their way back into the game. Just my opinion though.

13 minutes ago, songone said:

I never said the refs were the deciding factor. I said the ref's were bad IMO. I guarantee that wasn't a block in the back that erased that TD. That TD could have changed the play calling for NC in which they (IMO) would have had issues handling the blitz from Crosby if forced to throw their way back into the game. Just my opinion though.

We will just have to disagree. I have not gone back and watched it on film, but when I watched it live I thought it was a good call. As for the middle blitz it was obvious. Every time NC was  in that set that #30 was coming up the middle. I saw some adjustments with the route the slot receiver was running in the second half to fill in behind the blitz. The safety did a good job tackling him but he was open on that quick slant.