Crosby 21 New Caney 16/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, nceagle said:

Wasn't at game, I hear a few people who where there saying Crosby was very unsportsmanlike. Don't know if there is any truth to that.

I was there, things got a little chippy a couple of times but I did not see any really out of control or cheap shot plays. It is an emotional game, especially last game of regular season with district championships on the line.

My one take away is your QB. We all know what kind of player he is but he was a little rough on his own teammates a couple of times. And stood on sidelines by himself.

Like what I saw from Crosby on the defensive side of the ball tonight, with Cedar Park going D2 I think it's regional final quality like we predicting going into the season. Two crucial fourth down stops and the district's leading rusher Marte Allison was basically shut out of the game. We have a few kids that are just flat out matchup problems for opposing offenses, weak spots from earlier in the year have elevated their play. 

What I didn't like was that we had three personal fouls. Two drive killing penalties, one where we went from first down to 4th and 25. We were shut out offensively in the second half, New Caney played great defense but despite the o-line getting decent movement we couldn't sustain drives. We shouldn't have had any problem at least reaching the mid-30's scoring wise tonight. 

Overall I thought it was a very Code Red performance. Never trailed in the game, made more plays than the opposing team when it was tight and made a couple of plays when it was time to close the show. 

Great job by New Caney and a great job by Coach Riordan picking up his 50th career head coaching win in his 5th season at Crosby. Good night all the way around for Code Red. 

1 hour ago, nceagle said:

Teams seem to be evenly matched. A holding call that erased a NC touchdown and probably the win.

Ok, if you going there then we had calls come back too. A lot more than y'all, which has been a problem for us all year. 

IMO Crosby clearly the better team, I was nervous going in but defense stepped up. We didn't even come close to playing our best & that worries me (offensively).  There's something wrong with Crosby (offensively) because same mistakes don't get fixed, again IMO.   

Nonetheless, good game with no injuries that I know of...good luck NC!

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like what I saw from Crosby on the defensive side of the ball tonight, with Cedar Park going D2 I think it's regional final quality like we predicting going into the season. Two crucial fourth down stops and the district's leading rusher Marte Allison was basically shut out of the game. We have a few kids that are just flat out matchup probable s for opposing offenses, weak spots from earlier in the year have elevated their play. 

What I didn't like was that we had three personal fouls. Two drive killing penalties, one where we went from first down to 4th and 25. We were shut out offensively in the second half, New Caney played great defense but despite the o-line getting decent movement we couldn't sustain drives. We shouldn't have had any problem at least reaching the mid-30's scoring wise tonight. 

Overall I thought it was a very Code Red performance. Never trailed in the game, made more plays than the opposing team when it was tight and made a couple of plays when it was time to close the show. 

Great job by New Caney and a great job by Coach Riordan picking up his 50th career head coaching win in his 5th season at Crosby. Good night all the way around for Code Red. 

You mean Cedar Park going D1?

10 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I was there, things got a little chippy a couple of times but I did not see any really out of control or cheap shot plays. It is an emotional game, especially last game of regular season with district championships on the line.

My one take away is your QB. We all know what kind of player he is but he was a little rough on his own teammates a couple of times. And stood on sidelines by himself.

The QB needs to be moved to receiver and let the sophomore play QB. He damn sure has no reason to be rough on his teammates.  He threw 2 picks, folded for a safety, and ran out of bounds twice while we were trying to run down the clock. LET THE SOPHOMORE PLAY ! 

The defense won the game. They scored a touchdown, and stopped the NC offense numerous times when the offense turned the ball over on our own end of the field.  Offense needs a lot of work.  Or at least one position does.

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like what I saw from Crosby on the defensive side of the ball tonight, with Cedar Park going D2 I think it's regional final quality like we predicting going into the season. Two crucial fourth down stops and the district's leading rusher Marte Allison was basically shut out of the game. We have a few kids that are just flat out matchup problems for opposing offenses, weak spots from earlier in the year have elevated their play. 

The Crosby defense was the deciding factor in this game. NC had the ball twice inside the 10 in the fourth qtr and turned it over on downs. I thought our D did a good job in the second half. That one 55 yard run was the only big play allowed. I did not think #31 had a chance of catching him but managed to have just enough angle to make the stop. Your D had a good game plan to stop Allison. He finished with 24 yards on 17 carries. This game did not hurt either team in getting ready for playoffs. No injuries and a competitive game. I thought once you gave us the ball with about two minutes to go we would score but your D stepped up and put pressure on Cooper to stop it from happening.

8 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

The Crosby defense was the deciding factor in this game. NC had the ball twice inside the 10 in the fourth qtr and turned it over on downs. I thought our D did a good job in the second half. That one 55 yard run was the only big play allowed. I did not think #31 had a chance of catching him but managed to have just enough angle to make the stop. Your D had a good game plan to stop Allison. He finished with 24 yards on 17 carries. This game did not hurt either team in getting ready for playoffs. No injuries and a competitive game. I thought once you gave us the ball with about two minutes to go we would score but your D stepped up and put pressure on Cooper to stop it from happening.

Crazy for two teams averaging 40+ in district play to have a defensive struggle. I bought both teams got tight after Crosby had the pick 6. New Caney kept it alive with the TD catch Aiken had on 4th and 10 between two Crosby defenders. Good defense but better offense in that situation. 

I thought Cooper was kind of shocked by he defensive speed from Crosby and thankfully didn't get adjusted until the fourth quarter where he put together several good runs. Defense was pretty much lights out last week but I think we played better this week even though we gave up one more TD. 17 carries for 24 yards by Allison is a statement by the Crosby defense. 

I think y'all go out and beat Central pretty comfortably, they have similar athletes but won't be as well coached as Crosby. I actually think y'all can win the game with your defensive unit alone.

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

/Crosby has the best run defense in the district - the secondary elevated their game tonight against NC . Was hoping to see #16 QB Neterly(ms) to get some space he almost did but his own player took him out. Told my wife watch #16 if he gets one step on the defense he will take it to the  house !

8 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

Better take One game at a time and that one game is VIDOR !

Absolutely. I've said several times that a win vs Vidor is going to be tough. 

10 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Yep. D2 is open. 

I didn't say D2 is open for Crosby. Just said it's open. That means the it's open for the mighty Pirates too.