BH Vs. Porter

BHFAN

Ok this game only serves as a tune up for both teams as they enter the playoffs next week, but I am hoping to see a much more focused BH team in this game. The last two games BH has had rough starts and even at some points seemed confused on the field! The game against Humble I wrote it off as being Homecoming, but then came the NC game! Hopefully the week off will get these Eagles focused again because PNG will be waiting next week! I predict the Eagles come out focused and beat Porter by 2 TD's!

If they follow New Caney's game plan it will be easy for them. Double #2 for Porter and they are dead on offense. Porter has no run game and a little pressure on their QB kills them. He was sacked about 12 times and most of those weren't even blitz sacks. It is pretty obvious that Porter's QB isn't a run threat, and other receivers won't beat you. If you can run the ball well, you can score enough to win. New Caney staff did a tremendous job of having a simple game plan, and Porter didn't have an answer. They beat Crosby and Dayton by throwing to that other tall receiver, but I didn't see him Friday night against New Caney. Heard he got in trouble, Porter was much better when they had both those tall guys. I'll say BH by 17. 

45 minutes ago, RedRover22 said:

If they follow New Caney's game plan it will be easy for them. Double #2 for Porter and they are dead on offense. Porter has no run game and a little pressure on their QB kills them. He was sacked about 12 times and most of those weren't even blitz sacks. It is pretty obvious that Porter's QB isn't a run threat, and other receivers won't beat you. If you can run the ball well, you can score enough to win. New Caney staff did a tremendous job of having a simple game plan, and Porter didn't have an answer. They beat Crosby and Dayton by throwing to that other tall receiver, but I didn't see him Friday night against New Caney. Heard he got in trouble, Porter was much better when they had both those tall guys. I'll say BH by 17. 

Porter beat Crosby and Dayton throwing the ball to #2 Carney. He had 17 catches for 445 yards and 5 tds combined in those two games. He played against New Caney, #6 is the one that didn't. I never though Porter was very good because their makeup was so fragile, they have to throw the ball down the field at a high completion percentage to be effective. They can't run the ball and their defense isn't very good, reminds me a lot of Holley's Kingwood Park teams that were good with Henderson but would get blown out with just one player missing.

I agree with everything else you said though, I think BH blows Porter out. Especially if the kid opposite Carney doesn't play again this week.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Porter beat Crosby and Dayton throwing the ball to #2 Carney. He had 17 catches for 445 yards and 5 tds combined in those two games. He played against New Caney, #6 is the one that didn't. I never though Porter was very good because their makeup was so fragile, they have to throw the ball down the field at a high completion percentage to be effective. They can't run the ball and their defense isn't very good, reminds me a lot of Holley's Kingwood Park teams that were good with Henderson but would get blown out with just one player missing.

I agree with everything else you said though, I think BH blows Porter out. Especially if the kid opposite Carney doesn't play again this week.

The defense is good enough to hold Crosby, Humble, and NC to their lowest point totals on the season. Their defense is actually pretty good. I think BH struggles with athletic secondaries which with the exception of 10 from BH none of their other WRs are going to stretch the field. NC took away 10 from BH and they did very little on offense. So just as you say take away 2 from Porter, if you take away 10 from BH and they struggle offensively. Should be a good game I don't see either team winning by more than a score. It will definitely not be a blow out as you are predicting.

21 hours ago, cat001 said:

The defense is good enough to hold Crosby, Humble, and NC to their lowest point totals on the season. Their defense is actually pretty good. I think BH struggles with athletic secondaries which with the exception of 10 from BH none of their other WRs are going to stretch the field. NC took away 10 from BH and they did very little on offense. So just as you say take away 2 from Porter, if you take away 10 from BH and they struggle offensively. Should be a good game I don't see either team winning by more than a score. It will definitely not be a blow out as you are predicting.

Crosby scored 34 points on Porter with backups. KP held Crosby to 26, Manvel held Crosby to 21 and Houston Heights held Crosby to 25. Porter's defense gave up 34 to Crosby, 42 to Dayton but I guess you can say "held" New Caney to 28. BH will probably put another 35+ on Porter this weekend. Porter is also giving up that many point playing slow and trying to shorten the game. If you think their defense is actually pretty good, you're probably one of the ones wondering if Porter was the best team in the state before New Caney crushed them.  

22 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Hopefully  both teams will be up for this game. Both are already in playoffs and can't help themselves for seeding purposes. I have a feeling backups will get reps in this game to try and stay healthy for next week.

Agree to a certain extent but neither team wants to go into the playoffs on a two game losing streak.

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby scored 34 points on Porter with backups. KP held Crosby to 26, Manvel held Crosby to 21 and Houston Heights held Crosby to 25. Porter's defense gave up 34 to Crosby, 42 to Dayton but I guess you can say "held" New Caney to 28. BH will probably put another 35+ on Porter this weekend. Porter is also giving up that many point playing slow and trying to shorten the game. If you think their defense is actually pretty good, you're probably one of the ones wondering if Porter was the best team in the state before New Caney crushed them.  

Hmm all their backups played I thought it was only 3 or 4.

6 minutes ago, BHMOMFORLIFE said:

Idk what Ol Westerburg will do about this game. He's already made a few changes this year that some are not to happy about. I would love to see our seniors boys have 1 last good game in the Eagle stadium. I know our boys are going to come out and play strong on their home field

What changes are people not happy about?

18 minutes ago, RedRover22 said:

Seriously???? Not happy about? They should be ecstatic about everything that is going on. Talk about a hard bunch to please. OMG! I got an idea, go see if you can talk him into running the flexbone this week. Maybe that will make those other changes he made seem a little underwhelming. 

Calm down there, no one said it was about "playing the game" On the field has been great this season