CROSBY vs NEW CANEY

Cougar14.2

No turnovers and just a good played game by NC, and they win. They are the best team in the district and do the best job of coaching with less. They find a way to put their players in a position to win, and they will prove that again this week. I'll say about 31-21. I'd say about 10 points better no matter the score. 

1 hour ago, RedRover22 said:

No turnovers and just a good played game by NC, and they win. They are the best team in the district and do the best job of coaching with less. They find a way to put their players in a position to win, and they will prove that again this week. I'll say about 31-21. I'd say about 10 points better no matter the score. 

In my best Trump voice, "WRONG"

5 hours ago, RedRover22 said:

New Caney's stud qb transferred from Caney Creek, their stud receiver transferred from Kingwood Park and their stud rb transferred from St. Pius X. How is that doing more with less? New Caney is known to get tight when the lights get brightest and this game is for Riordan's 50th career win at Crosby. Crosby was in this same situation last year against CE King and won by 37. 

Move-ins are part of it. Porters also had three or four for once this year. However.....I'd use stud lightly. From what I know, it isn't like these three have any major D-1 offers. It is still with less. Now someone from Cougarland that does have D-1 talent, and always has transfers as well, should know better than to say NC doesn't have less talent. We heard about the excuses for the loss to Porter. Seems that I recall one excuse was that three "D-1" starters didn't play. Well, you won't find ANY D-1 talent between NC and Porter combined. Soooooooo, to say the New Caney staff does more with less than anybody, is pretty spot on.  

10 minutes ago, RedRover22 said:

Move-ins are part of it. Porters also had three or four for once this year. However.....I'd use stud lightly. From what I know, it isn't like these three have any major D-1 offers. It is still with less. Now someone from Cougarland that does have D-1 talent, and always has transfers as well, should know better than to say NC doesn't have less talent. We heard about the excuses for the loss to Porter. Seems that I recall one excuse was that three "D-1" starters didn't play. Well, you won't find ANY D-1 talent between NC and Porter combined. Soooooooo, to say the New Caney staff does more with less than anybody, is pretty spot on.  

Wrong

Higher enrollment equals more kids. Doing fair with more, is more accurate. 

1 hour ago, RedRover22 said:

New Caney has the second most talent in the district and will finish in second place, NC played and coached to their talent level. David Harvey transferred in and signed with Nevada last year, Allison has a D1 offer and will get more as the lower tier FBS schools start to fill their classes. Jordan Cooper will throw for over 2,000 and rush for over 1,000 as a junior, he'll get offers during the Spring evaluation period as an athlete if nothing else. Shane Carney from Porter also has an FBS offer and will probably pick up a couple of more before signing day. Your ANY comment is absolutely wrong and leads me to believe you don't know what you're talking about.

I just don't think Crosby's QB play is consistent enough. Manny is an INCREDIBLE athlete, but limits them some in the passing game. That being said, I don't think I would have started the soph early in the year either, knowing Manny's running ability. Too late to make that change now, I'd assume. But, I thought they marched with the soph back there.

20 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

The outcome of this game rest solely on the play of the Crosby Quarterback. 

I partially agree,  but I think the offensive penalties will play a factor too..

Also,  if New Caney can pass well they will probably beat Crosby because of weak coverage skills from one of their corners. 

14 minutes ago, RedRover22 said:

Thanks, that was kinda my point. Lastly, if New Caney has the second most talent in this district, and has no D-1 athletes, and beats Crosby and all their D-1 athletes, then I feel certain that should be a credit to coaching. 

Their coach has done a great job. As has Porter's & Crosby's. Will be a great game. 

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

2 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Wrong

Our QB play is important no doubt. But don't downplay the o-line, d-line, secondary, linebackers, special teams, etc. 

i think many are over simplifying things. Tristen Cotton was a great Cougar QB for 2 years, but he also played behind an excellent offensive line and rarely had to avoid pressure. Our O-Line is improving but Netherly does not get that kind of protection. Cotton would struggle much more behind this o line than Netherly. Not knocking this years o line. They're young and have been steadily improving. Just saying that you can't compare this year's skill players to last year's without factoring in the quality of o-line play. Pretty telling about someone's football iq when they go straight to the QB. 

Go Cougars. Go get that 3rd Consecutive District Championship!!! (Yes, I know it will be shared)

8 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Our QB play is important no doubt. But don't downplay the o-line, d-line, secondary, linebackers, special teams, etc. 

i think many are over simplifying things. Tristen Cotton was a great Cougar QB for 2 years, but he also played behind an excellent offensive line and rarely had to avoid pressure. Our O-Line is improving but Netherly does not get that kind of protection. Cotton would struggle much more behind this o line than Netherly. Not knocking this years o line. They're young and have been steadily improving. Just saying that you can't compare this year's skill players to last year's without factoring in the quality of o-line play. Pretty telling about someone's football iq when they go straight to the QB. 

Go Cougars. Go get that 3rd Consecutive District Championship!!! (Yes, I know it will be shared)

Cotton had a much better line. Mannie just takes too long to make decisions. He's not doing a terrible job tho. Hate to see him taking unnecessary  punishment.

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

Cotton had a much better line. Mannie just takes too long to make decisions. He's not doing a terrible job tho. Hate to see him taking unnecessary  punishment.

5 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I agree this is wrong. Although I would like to see the Sophmore play but it's solely due to the injury and I hate to see Mannie limp all over the field. But, in all actuality Crosby offense has avg. 47 points the last 4 games. Mannie has thrown 11 TDs and ran for 3 more during that span. Crosby averages 450 yards a game while New Caney averages 429 and I would give the defensive edge to Crosby. I seen some good things from our secondary against Humble. With Sqwirl coming back healthy this week and Carlos hitting his stride at the right time, I'm going with Crosby in this one reguardless of who's under center. Although New Caney has a fairly balanced attack they favor the run and Crosby has done pretty well against the run this year.

5 minutes ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

I agree this is wrong. Although I would like to see the Sophmore play but it's solely due to the injury and I hate to see Mannie limp all over the field. But, in all actuality Crosby offense has avg. 47 points the last 4 games. Mannie has thrown 11 TDs and ran for 3 more during that span. Crosby averages 450 yards a game while New Caney averages 429 and I would give the defensive edge to Crosby. I seen some good things from our secondary against Humble. With Sqwirl coming back healthy this week and Carlos hitting his stride at the right time, I'm going with Crosby in this one reguardless of who's under center. Although New Caney has a fairly balanced attack they favor the run and Crosby has done pretty well against the run this year.

Agree. Will be a tough, good game. 

Just looking at some interesting stats. Crosby has over 2,000 combined passing yards between Netherly and Howard in spite of the "qb issues". We have 7 receivers that average 14 yards per catch or more. The last 6 games Carlos Grace has hit his stride rushing for 803 yards and averaging right at 134 yards per game. I'm thinking if Crosby gets anything in the qb run game this is probably a track meet in Code Red's favor.

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Just looking at some interesting stats. Crosby has over 2,000 combined passing yards between Netherly and Howard in spite of the "qb issues". We have 7 receivers that average 14 yards per catch or more. The last 6 games Carlos Grace has hit his stride rushing for 803 yards and averaging right at 134 yards per game. I'm thinking if Crosby gets anything in the qb run game this is probably a track meet in Code Red's favor.

We've been plagued by injury since the beginning of last year. I hate it that the vision everyone had for this class in 2014 has come up short due to injury. If we had everyone healthy we would be heavily favored for a State Championship.

19 minutes ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

We've been plagued by injury since the beginning of last year. I hate it that the vision everyone had for this class in 2014 has come up short due to injury. If we had everyone healthy we would be heavily favored for a State Championship.

I agree, and it hasn't gone the way I think any of us envisioned but at the end of the day it's still all right there for us. We're playing for the district championship like everybody thought we would at the beginning of the year and if Cedar Park goes D1 we'll be the favorite to play College Station in the regional final like everybody though we would. Right now it's about making a statement in New Caney and riding that momentum for the next three games to set up the showdown with either CP in the third round or College Station in the 4th. Maybe we see all the pieces coalesce tonight and come back to Northeast Harris County with a different outlook moving forward?