CROSBY vs NEW CANEY

Cougar14.2

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree, and it hasn't gone the way I think any of us envisioned but at the end of the day it's still all right there for us. We're playing for the district championship like everybody thought we would at the beginning of the year and if Cedar Park goes D1 we'll be the favorite to play College Station in the regional final like everybody though we would. Right now it's about making a statement in New Caney and riding that momentum for the next three games to set up the showdown with either CP in the third round or College Station in the 4th. Maybe we see all the pieces coalesce tonight and come back to Northeast Harris County with a different outlook moving forward?    

What makes this team different from last year and similar to 2014 is that every game someone different is stepping up and making plays to win games.  As a whole the receiving core is the best it's been in recent years. Running game is coming along and will be better when Sqwirl is back, and the defense is great against the run. Our downfall this year is we have had a tendency to play at the level of our opponent at times. Don't think that will happen in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

What makes this team different from last year and similar to 2014 is that every game someone different is stepping up and making plays to win games.  As a whole the receiving core is the best it's been in recent years. Running game is coming along and will be better when Sqwirl is back, and the defense is great against the run. Our downfall this year is we have had a tendency to play at the level of our opponent at times. Don't think that will happen in the playoffs.

We could get beat any week but I honestly have very high hopes for this team. We are playing for a district championship at about 75%. The question is will this team get healthy, perfect execution and peak to 100% at the right time. If so, watch out. If not,as the Cubs used to say, Next Year!!!

8 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

We could get beat any week but I honestly have very high hopes for this team. We are playing for a district championship at about 75%. The question is will this team get healthy, perfect execution and peak to 100% at the right time. If so, watch out. If not,as the Cubs used to say, Next Year!!!

I agree we need to get healthier to make a run at a State title, but we have a viable back-up at every skill position on the offensive side of the ball. We just need some continuity, which is hard to maintain through injuries.