Baytown Sterling 20 Kingwood 7/FINAL

14 minutes ago, rangersfan4 said:

as I understand ... Sterling beats Channelview next week they are number three and 1st seed in D2 .. we needed our 13 point spread tonite to have a chance to make it as #4.  with Channelviews upset..makes a 4 way tie for the bottom two places.. love 21-6a football...

That being Sterling, Channelview, Summer Creek, and Kingwood?

From what I can gather right now.  Here is how it stands:

Kingwood, Sterling, Channelview and Summer Creek are all tied for 3rd at 3-3 with the games involving these teams being Sterling/Channelview, North Shore/Summer Creek and Kingwood/C.E. King

The winner of the Sterling/Channelview game will get a spot.

Sterling could still get a spot if it loses to Channelview if Kingwood loses.

Channelview could still get a spot if it loses if Summer Creek loses.

Kingwood earns a spot with a win and so does Summer Creek.

It appears the only way that Kingwood wouldn't get a spot is if they lose to C.E. King, Summer Creek wins and Baytown Sterling loses.

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

From what I can gather right now.  Here is how it stands:

Kingwood, Sterling, Channelview and Summer Creek are all tied for 3rd at 3-3 with the games involving these teams being Sterling/Channelview, North Shore/Summer Creek and Kingwood/C.E. King

The winner of the Sterling/Channelview game will get a spot.

Sterling could still get a spot if it loses to Channelview if Kingwood loses.

Channelview could still get a spot if it loses if Summer Creek loses.

Kingwood earns a spot with a win and so does Summer Creek.

It appears the only way that Kingwood wouldn't get a spot is if they lose to C.E. King, Summer Creek wins and Baytown Sterling loses.

Baytown Lee? I think you meant Sterling. I will let it slide this time, but don't let it happen again.

#BestInBaytown??? really? what exactly are y'all the best at in Baytown? GCM volleyball swept RSS this year, last time GCM baseball played RSS they beat them, GCM has  been to the football playoffs in its brief history more times than RSS has in over 20 years. So pump the brakes with this Best in Baytown business, you haven't made the playoffs yet, you still need to beat Channelview, and RSS defense got 79points hung on it 2 weeks ago. im happy for the kids, to have something to play for this time of year and i hope rss makes the playoffs, but it's comments like your best in baytown hashtag, i mean is being the best in baytown really something to brag about, look at the combined records of GCM and REL, you've had success over a LEE team recently who hasn't been the ganders of old in more than 10 years, because when the 2 were on equal ground ross was NEVER boss, and you haven't played GCM enough for that to even matter yet. Being best in baytown amongst the football teams this year and last, is like taking the ugly kid to homecoming, at least ya gotta date right...best in baytown, that's funny, stay classy rangers....

ps y'all gave up 79 pts last week...

Obviously I'm saying we are best in Baytown in football as this is the football thread??? While we have historically struggled as a program we have started to turn it around. Our kids are competing and believe in themselves. They work hard and deserve all of the praise they can get. Yes they gave up 79 points to a dang good team (in case you haven't heard Atascocita is a top ranked team in the state)  But historically that loss would have ended the rangers season. The kids would have quit. These kids focused and worked hard and came out and beat a kingwood team by 13 when they were predicted to lose by as much as 15. GCM will be good eventually all the plants and the new rubber factory coming to Baytown will add many more jobs to baytown and with it will bring more families and hopefully more athletes. But as of today Sterling has never lost to GCM. In regards to Lee I  think Coach Wilk does a amazing job with the talent they have. They just don't have the numbers and will eventually drop down to 4 a and be very competitive. Lastly you realize that by putting down baytown football your putting your own team down also right? I'd still rather be best in Baytown than worse in Baytown.