PNG vs Central

Indianforever

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Anywho, I've seen PN-G twice this year... And I have a good handle on how they work.  

First....  Block LeJune (sp) he is a gread playmaker on defense.  

...you have to put your speed in space, beside Jet Sweeps...  Smh

...get to the young QB, Johnson, early and often.  Get him rattled, the offense sputters.  

...let Boudreaux play WR and bring the young junior in band QB.  Passes better.

Every plays 9 in the box against us.  Run an actual pass play with actual routs being ran, not just go routs...

No 3 and ours allowed...  And we need to score on 75 % of our possessions...

And work those quick hitch passes, we screens.  PN-G can't stop it...  Unless LeJune is there...

And finally, you gotta win the the trenches.  If you dint win there or get whipped like Vidor did us, then we might as well not even get off the bus.

...but these things won't be done.  I mean, why would it change at this point?  Playoffs was in the line vs. Nederland and Nederland had 'handicaps' and we lost.  This week, probably one of the tougher games we've played this far.  

The matchup I would be interested to see wil be Centrals defense against our Offense

3 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Yes I agree I mean the other games this season

Well, the other team's didn't have the personnel.  Silsbee at the time had weak d-line play, so their line was getting manhandled..  memorial had good line play...  And good players in the secondary...  Central has good line play, but the flood gates open when they stay on the field all night.  See how they let up vs. Vidor?

Central will struggle vs PNG even if they were healthy but they are pretty banged up. Mrs Soulja I would love to see you be the next head coach at central. I doubt you have ever wore an athletic supporter but if you did I would predict it fell off from lack up support. If you know what I mean. Average program lead by a sub average fan base! You need to face it, your school has no tradition, and to be honest central really has no fan base. You are a good example. Most schools in your situation would be 100% supporting there program in hopes of them making the playoffs for four years straight for only the 2nd time ever, but instead you are smoking the coaching staff, the head coach, and the overall program. BLM, just not yours! I love this website!

I will say this, the first half of last weeks game, the defense played at a level I haven't seen in about 6 years. besides the fact the only score they made in first half was the turnover inside the 12 yard line, had it not been for that PAM would not have had a single point in first half. Now the second half was different, The three big runs by Hines is exactly what we saw in the playoff game in Angleton, An elite back ripping us a new Arse! no excuses for that, you have got to stop the run up the middle, neither linebacker was anywhere close to even touching him, Not to mention the safety! If they can come out against Central like that how they played in first half I like our chances, if we play like we did in second half Well Central might make it a ball game. I honestly think PNG will be the better team this Friday night we just have to execute!

4 hours ago, setxguru said:

Central will struggle vs PNG even if they were healthy but they are pretty banged up. Mrs Soulja I would love to see you be the next head coach at central. I doubt you have ever wore an athletic supporter but if you did I would predict it fell off from lack up support. If you know what I mean. Average program lead by a sub average fan base! You need to face it, your school has no tradition, and to be honest central really has no fan base. You are a good example. Most schools in your situation would be 100% supporting there program in hopes of them making the playoffs for four years straight for only the 2nd time ever, but instead you are smoking the coaching staff, the head coach, and the overall program. BLM, just not yours! I love this website!

I don't know if that was a typo or where you implying something, but I'm a Sir, obviously.  

I'm not a coach, but I can give my unbiased opinion, backed up by facts.  I see this stuff every week.  I see the talent.  I see the coaching.  Just calling it how I see it.

I support the TEAM, that includes coaches.  When they do nice things, I praise them.  When they don't, I'm hard in them.  I also support the kids too, as I have for quite a few decades.. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I support the TEAM, that includes coaches.  When they do nice things, I praise them.  When they don't, I'm hard in them.  I also support the kids too, as I have for quite a few decades.. 

THE KEY IS SUPPORT YOUR TEAM & THE BOYS PLAYING EVERY TIME, EVERY YEAR, WIN OR LOSE!!!

I have missed a total of 4 PNG games in the 51 years since I went to my first one at 9 months old.  I was taught to bleed purple & white.  Never leave early, stay to the end.  I guarantee that the fan following at PNG is based upon children being raised to believe in that spirit.  So I love to see massive fan support on the opposing side.  If that team has a winning, or losing season, that support shows quality people & quality fans!!! 

22 minutes ago, png9mon said:

THE KEY IS SUPPORT YOUR TEAM & THE BOYS PLAYING EVERY TIME, EVERY YEAR, WIN OR LOSE!!!

I have missed a total of 4 PNG games in the 51 years since I went to my first one at 9 months old.  I was taught to bleed purple & white.  Never leave early, stay to the end.  I guarantee that the fan following at PNG is based upon children being raised to believe in that spirit.  So I love to see massive fan support on the opposing side.  If that team has a winning, or losing season, that support shows quality people & quality fans!!! 

Not to rain on anyone's parade, I've seen some fair weather PN-G fans and I've seen small PN-G crowds...  It does happen...  

Its crazy, but wining cures all.  When your team don't win, fans dont show up and you're going to get criticized.  Just the nature of the beast.  Look at Ozen.  Their numbers are horrible as far as numbers wise. They they don't win, fans don't come out, the Old Coach was criticized...  .

I can tell you that as the generations come up that are totally ME ME ME oriented, that is to say, nothing is more important than themselves & what they want, this will cause less support for anything that is not personal.  That goes for school & sport team support, as well.  However, don't take the responsibility away from the parents, and community to lead the way in fan support.  Just start teaching the younger generations that there are more important things in life than their cell phone & YouTube videos.  Get them committed to excellence in their achievements, then they will be supportive of the commitment that those football players put forth every week to play on Friday nights.  PNG has & will continue to have, a special spirit that will last well past the fair weather fans of today.  Keeping that fan support encourages more participation in sports from the younger kids coming up. THAT IS JUST THE FACTS!!!

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade, I've seen some fair weather PN-G fans and I've seen small PN-G crowds...  It does happen...  

Its crazy, but wining cures all.  When your team don't win, fans dont show up and you're going to get criticized.  Just the nature of the beast.  Look at Ozen.  Their numbers are horrible as far as numbers wise. They they don't win, fans don't come out, the Old Coach was criticized...  .

Soulja, did someone pass you the peace pipe!!!!!!! I have seen fair weather fans, but honestly, I have never attended a PN-G game that our fans where outnumbered.. PERIOD.. That includes Nederland.... Please elaborate on the small crowd you speak of?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stay until the "helmet pumps" when we win or the team goes in after a loss.

I've noticed even in victory at home, our team exits the field before the other team does. The other teams band usually plays a little something, or they are huddled on field. Our team does comeback out to converge on the field with family and friends.

17 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Soulja, did someone pass you the peace pipe!!!!!!! I have seen fair weather fans, but honestly, I have never attended a PN-G game that our fans where outnumbered.. PERIOD.. That includes Nederland.... Please elaborate on the small crowd you speak of?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was within the last few years...  I can't remember the exact game... I have a picture of it somewhere...  

I see quite a few of our fans leave early no matter what the scoreboard says. We have a large crowd and some people like to beat the traffic jam, some have young kids who get cranky as it gets later and some of our fans are older and they want to get home before it is too late. Just because someone leaves before the game is over doesn't mean they aren't a fan. I personally like to stay till the end but that's me and I won't judge those who don't for whatever reason. 

24 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Go back to 1984-1988...there were plenty of small crowds back then...the same for 1994-1995...1-8-1 and 1-9 seasons tend to reduce the enthusiasm of even the staunchest fan bases.  Even in the lean years, I will say that PN-G has a core group of fans, but when wins are hard to come by, so are big crowds.  Now, if you want to see monster numbers, then let the Indians get three rounds deep in the playoffs.  When that happens, old timers show up, alumni in Houston, Austin and the Metroplex decide to catch a game, and area schools also throw their support behind the Indians.  Three rounds deep and the numbers will explode.

Hopefully this season the Indians can make some noise in the playoffs and we can have some good times ala 1974-1977 and 1999...38,000 fans in purple and white is a site to see...especially as I get older.

I agree with BMT Soljua...winning cures all...regardless of the program, when you win, the fans show up.

Go Indians.  Peace.

The PAM game was physical.  If the Indians are healthy, and can protect Roschon Johnson, I like the odds of a PN-G win.  On defense, just keep playing hard.  Sometimes, the other team makes plays.  It's not like the Indians defense is playing against teams that just roll over and play dead.  The other team is busting its rear end to score.  Get in position to make a play and give great effort with 11 kids getting to the football.  If you do that, more times than not good things will happen.  When great players like PAM's #25 go off for big plays, tip you hat to him, and get ready for the next series.  Eliminate our mistakes, i.e., unsportsmanlike conduct penalties come to mind and turnovers, and we have a shot to win out and be 9-1 with some momentum for the playoffs.  Can't say enough how special #2 Roschon Johnson is as the QB.  For a sophmore, he makes his reads, keeps his eyes downfield, and throws a beautiful football...he can zip the slants, use touch on the floaters to set up the screens, and he can sling it downfield.  Of course, he can create something out of nothing, too.  If he stays healthy for 3 seasons, his name will be all over the PN-G record books.  #12 at WR...#6 at RB...love their playmaking abilities.  Tighten up the OL protections (just keep playing hard) and we'll be OK.  Give them Jags all your got.

Go Indians.  Peace.

4 hours ago, png9mon said:

when i try to preach this on PAM fans, they look and question me smh...i stated and still state, our home side should be that way EVERY game. not just because PNG comes to town. homecoming had nothing to do with it. PAM homecoming NEVER sells out. i don't expect a crowd friday because of the time and distance(same reason we are glad to be back in the local district). We need to pack memorial stadium for Lee, even though it's Lee and for damn sure sell out vidor!! but it won't happen. first playoff game gonna have a nice crowd and grow as they continue winning.

1 hour ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

PAM got yall last week lol

11 minutes ago, pakronos said:

when i try to preach this on PAM fans, they look and question me smh...i stated and still state, our home side should be that way EVERY game. not just because PNG comes to town. homecoming had nothing to do with it. PAM homecoming NEVER sells out. i don't expect a crowd friday because of the time and distance(same reason we are glad to be back in the local district). We need to pack memorial stadium for Lee, even though it's Lee and for damn sure sell out vidor!! but it won't happen. first playoff game gonna have a nice crowd and grow as they continue winning.

HAHA, you will have a "crowd" only because that stadium only seats 3,000 people. Your side will be packed with the band and drill team taking half of the visitor side

2 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

HAHA, you will have a "crowd" only because that stadium only seats 3,000 people. Your side will be packed with the band and drill team taking half of the visitor side

LOL...i think we might have about 500 or less make this game. out of that 500, about 150 or so will be players families about 50 drill team/band/cheerleader parents