PNG vs Central

Indianforever

On 10/15/2016 at 8:21 AM, workbootz said:

I see your pattern but I thought Central defense was suppose to be legit.  Lumberton ran the same 3 plays all night.  They had the ball damn near the whole 3rd quarter.  The bright spot for Central offense is #12, that kid is legit.

I wasn't going to say much on this thread this week.  Just was going to let the coaches and young men show up and take care of business.  It's been a rough and frustrating year over hear in Jaguarland but through it all, with 3 games to go, they still have a chance to get into the playoffs.  Foreman is 1-2 against the Indians; a 31-29 triple OT loss in 2013, a 29-22 OT win in 2014 and a 21-7 loss last year.  Whoever wins, it won't be a blow out.  The young men over here have too much pride for that.  Plus they know that their season isn't over. 

Legit group of kids on D. Legit group of kids on offense. The D is just not always put in the best positions to win.  Lumberton, Vidor and probably Livingston style of offenses will gain yards and score points against the Jaguars.  It's just the way it is right now.  Because of athleticism, in my opinion, the Jaguars play better against spread style of offenses.  The coaches will have the D ready this week...

Injuries, we are only missing 1 key component, our best DB who suffered a break in the Ozen game but that won't be an excuse.  

4 hours ago, png9mon said:

I can tell you that as the generations come up that are totally ME ME ME oriented, that is to say, nothing is more important than themselves & what they want, this will cause less support for anything that is not personal.  That goes for school & sport team support, as well.  However, don't take the responsibility away from the parents, and community to lead the way in fan support.  Just start teaching the younger generations that there are more important things in life than their cell phone & YouTube videos.  Get them committed to excellence in their achievements, then they will be supportive of the commitment that those football players put forth every week to play on Friday nights.  PNG has & will continue to have, a special spirit that will last well past the fair weather fans of today.  Keeping that fan support encourages more participation in sports from the younger kids coming up. THAT IS JUST THE FACTS!!!

Just a question.  Does the following PN-G football have carryover into other sports, say basketball or track?  

I love the games at the Rez, I'll be there Friday...

2 hours ago, ndn mom said:

I see quite a few of our fans leave early no matter what the scoreboard says. We have a large crowd and some people like to beat the traffic jam, some have young kids who get cranky as it gets later and some of our fans are older and they want to get home before it is too late. Just because someone leaves before the game is over doesn't mean they aren't a fan. I personally like to stay till the end but that's me and I won't judge those who don't for whatever reason. 

I agree, i stay till the end regardless if we are winning or losing.  I mean anything can happen.  Did you see how my Texans came back and beat the Colts after 3 miserable quarters?  You never know...

As much as I love watching Mr. Johnson, I watched the game last night, he has to throw with a lil more accuracy. Just as I told my son throw to the receiver, look the pass through your throw. As far as McZeal just believe in yourself and go get it. I still think Png takes this one, due to not making the mental mistakes. I don't mean the kids either.

Soulja, at this point, in my opinion, it is better to not make the QB change.  Stick with the Senior and just put him in the best situations possible to execute and avoid turnovers. I missed the Nederland game but he seems to be progressing.   He has made a few throws the last couple of weeks that shows his potential and he has finally started keeping it a few times on the zone read for good yardage.  He has been starting since early last year so the purple haze and Cherokee shouldn't get to him...

22 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

As much as I love watching Mr. Johnson, I watched the game last night, he has to throw with a lil more accuracy. Just as I told my son throw to the receiver, look the pass through your throw. As far as McZeal just believe in yourself and go get it. I still think Png takes this one, due to not making the mental mistakes. I don't mean the kids either.

I talked to him about it too. The defense got to him and it messed with his accuracy. He missed a few open throws that could have had made all year and he definitely wants those back but he said he moved on and is preparing for central. He'll bounce back big. 

20 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I talked to him about it too. The defense got to him and it messed with his accuracy. He missed a few open throws that could have had made all year and he definitely wants those back but he said he moved on and is preparing for central. He'll bounce back big. 

Big bro, looking forward to seeing lil bro.  I've heard some pretty good things about him.  I will say this, i hope this coming Friday night he has his worst game of the year...:)

27 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I have to brag just a moment here. Roschonsbigbro if you will permit me. My Brothers stepspn played on Roschon's junior league football  team. This was when he was 12. I can remember how mature he was for his age. He was a very talented young man and many already knew he was destined to be were he is at now. Guys and gals I cannot say this enough Roschon is a great football player and an even better kid. He is extremely dedicated tobeing the best student and player he can be. I say this notto take anything away from any other kiddos on our team. Just wanted to say something in his favor because he never will. Proud of our Indians and the direction they are headed.  Alot of you know this but those who do not his older brother is Jerimiah Rose former Indian reciever. Great family of Indians

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

Big bro, looking forward to seeing lil bro.  I've heard some pretty good things about him.  I will say this, i hope this coming Friday night he has his worst game of the year...:)

Too motivated for that to happen but of course I would never crush anyone's hope lol. This game wil be awesome.  Wish I could see it. Never been to a central game . 

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Soulja, at this point, in my opinion, it is better to not make the QB change.  Stick with the Senior and just put him in the best situations possible to execute and avoid turnovers. I missed the Nederland game but he seems to be progressing.   He has made a few throws the last couple of weeks that shows his potential and he has finally started keeping it a few times on the zone read for good yardage.  He has been starting since early last year so the purple haze and Cherokee shouldn't get to him...

Yea, key words, 'at this point'....  But I see what you're saying... 3 games left...  But wait, isn't there still a remote chance that we make the playoffs?  *ducks head in the ground*

8 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

I agree, i stay till the end regardless if we are winning or losing.  I mean anything can happen.  Did you see how my Texans came back and beat the Colts after 3 miserable quarters?  You never know...

I did see that and told my son....that is why you never give up!!!

16 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Just a question.  Does the following PN-G football have carryover into other sports, say basketball or track?  

I love the games at the Rez, I'll be there Friday...

Baseball, softball, soccer & track have good fan bases at PNG.  Basketball has never garnered any spirit.  Most kids don't care after Little Dribblers.  We have had some great players, over the years, however, most concentrate on other sports.  I can assure you I am at every PNG home basketball game, & once again have missed very few in my lifetime. Only stopped going to away basketball after I got married. Per wife's request.

17 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

he missed a couple of passes that he could and should have made including the one that would have been a score for I believe it was Riggs, that was slightly over thrown. But lets get one thing straight he had pressure on him all night long. I thought he did a great job for what little time he had. Great learning experience for him he will only get better with time. They will rebound this week and should put a hurting on Central, all I can say is get ready they will have fire in their eyes!!

22 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

he missed a couple of passes that he could and should have made including the one that would have been a score for I believe it was Riggs, that was slightly over thrown. But lets get one thing straight he had pressure on him all night long. I thought he did a great job for what little time he had. Great learning experience for him he will only get better with time. They will rebound this week and should put a hurting on Central, all I can say is get ready they will have fire in their eyes!!

I expect theme to come out strong and never let up. Time to get the broom out for Bmt.

Again, I think RJ was so amped for the Titans he put a little too much on his passes in the first half. Yes, he did have pressure too, so I am not discounting that, but the times he didn't and over threw I think it was because he was so fired up. Seen it happen to many QB's even in College and Pro's. He did make some great throws in the second half after he calmed down a bit. The one to Riggs for a first down in the fourth was on the money. I think he will be more composed against Central. Fired up, but composed. We shall see. Do we have any short routes to hit McZeal on? I also would like to see McGough get passed to a little more. He is big and has great hands.  How is Central on putting pressure on the QB. Our o-line better step it up moving forward.