The TRUE Black and Gold...Homecoming 2016

robanadana

Trading beads with the purple Indians, onsides kick, Indians in black and white striped uniforms...time to sail the Black Pearl back to port. It's homecoming and we do it better than anyone. Here's what's on the line; you win and you're THE FIRST to qualify for the playoffs. You win and a share of the district championship is still in sight of our guns. You win and we right the Black Pearl and prepare for a probable first round game with the greatest high school football team (self-proclaimed) ever in the history of football, Cosby. You win, and the rest of the year is really fun. You win out and a PAM or nederville victory against the purple Indians = a district championship. People have been talking you guys down all year; time for that to change.

This is our week. This is homecoming week where people who haven't seen you play in years come back expecting the old Vidor from 20 years ago that wins 3 games in a good season. Let's surprise the HE11 out of them! BTW, don't mind the old drunk people in the video below, concentrate on the cheerleaders and the song (it's you guys 40 years later...if you're lucky).

LAMBAST LIVINGSTON!!!

Grilled Lion Steaks After the Game for Homecoming Feast!!! Captain Morgan bringing the good stuff!!!

2 hours ago, LionBacker99 said:

Do you happen to have a projected score or anything? Just curious to know what Vidor fans are expecting tonight :)

I'd project Vidor winning 42-34.  Imo, Livingston is not a bad team, as most were saying prior to district.  

Curious to know what you, or other Livingston fans predict.

PS:  Hope you get to go.  Vidor does put on a Great Homecoming performance.

34 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I'd project Vidor winning 42-34.  Imo, Livingston is not a bad team, as most were saying prior to district.  

Curious to know what you, or other Livingston fans predict.

PS:  Hope you get to go.  Vidor does put on a Great Homecoming performance.

Well I appreciate that we're at least a little better than everyone thought. And yes, I will be there tonight and I'm really looking forward to it! Of course Livingston is hoping for the best and everyone seems really optimistic, but I'm a bit more of a realist. I think Vidor will win, but I don't think it will be by more than a couple of possessions. Our defense struggled at being consistent last week against Lee so that's not a good sign. The offense has been getting better every week, so I'm excited to see how they play tonight. If Livingston wins I think it will be because they have one more bullet in the chamber at the end of the shoot out. Either way we are all really excited! 

38 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Good Luck to the Pirates!

PS: Schedule us next year for homecoming. Wouldn't you rather a packed house?

Not sure how it is now, but quite a few years back, Vidor could almost pack the house at Homecoming with just Pirate fans.