Silsbee 35 Navasota 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

I like the offense myself but we do need a better passing game.  At some point in the playoffs we will need better balance.   And we may need more of it sooner Lille in the near future with both Tyler and Thomas nursing injuries.  Tonight we did seem to try to throw the ball a little more but like was said we need a little better execution from all 11 on offense blocking route running and getting rid of the ball.  Only thing I would like to see as far as a change may be a few more quick pass plays.  Maybe some are designed that way but are taking too long.  Anyway good win tonight for the Tigers .  Really a pretty dominating performance. A great game defensively.   Navasota really didn't get much going at all.  Even in the third quarter when the defense seemed to be on the field the entire quarter they still held their own. Another good night for Tyler even with a bum shoulder.  WAy to go guys.

Couple of things I noticed about the game...

B. Newton will be defensive MVP at season's end.  Don't let the short stature fool you.  He makes plays above taller receivers and showed it with the interception tonight as he went high to get it...

Lil C is a beast and will finish as MVP of the district.  He has crazy acceleration, and would've gotten more yards, but the footing on that field was horrible.

Defense just keeps improving and they are tackling better and now are bringing the pressure sometimes in blitz packages.  I love aggressive defenses.

If Barnes is by himself with a CB and no safety help, bombs away, I can't stress this enough.  Mr. Jones needs to stop hesitating and throw the ball.  There's receivers running open if he just trust himself and throw the ball.  And stop running and holding the football like a loaf of bread!

I love the Defensive coordinator's animated attitude when his defense makes. If plays or stops drives!

Refs were confused all night.  One guy, the side judge refers the game blindfolded, the other ref threw flags 30 after the infraction happened.  And one ref gave silsbee a horrible spot on a play, thank goodness the head referee got it right and gave Silsbee the first down.  Ref, there's a difference between defensive hold and pass interference.  Refs, I'm glad you finally realized that you can't throw a flag for pass interference in an uncatchable pass.

I would love to see A. Thomas and Tyler in the backfield together.  (i hope Adonis is ok after having to be helped off the field)

#23 for Navasota is a beast.

Since when did a sideline warning become a 30 yard penalty?

Why did Navasota go away from the seam passes?

Mike McCain was putting in work!

Welcome back, Tre Lowe.