It's official!

WOSgrad

40 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Does this indicate that the process was approved by the DEC and sent to the UIL for final sign off?  If so, how did it get approved at the district level?

That's the million dollar question.  From what I read the waiver which was requested has nothing to do with whether Coach Harrison and the PAISD administration signed the PAPF without incident.

The waiver was from the eligibility requirement which is stated in Rule 403 (f), which states that a student is eligible for competition:

f) is a resident of the member school district (See

This is the hidden content, please
), and a resident of the attendance zone in which the member school being attended is situated:

(1) or has been continuously enrolled in and regularly attending the school for at least the previous calendar year if his or her parents do not reside within the school district’s attendance zone; see (5) (B) below for exception. Note: A student who has changed schools for athletic purposes may be declared ineligible for more than one calendar year. See Section 443 (f) (3). For students placed on a waiting list for admittance to an open enrollment charter school that is a member school, the earlier of the first day of enrollment or the first day of school for the school year following the date of application begins the time frame for compliance with the exception noted in this section...

So what I infer (rightly or wrongly) is that the DEC can rule that a player has not transferred for athletic purposes, yet still rule him ineligible due to failure to comply with residency requirements.

Did the DEC make such a ruling?  Absent an appeal of the DEC's decision of the forfeit to the State Executive Committee and a resulting full hearing, you and I will probably never know the answer to that question.

1 hour ago, Brubaker said:

Does the UIL clear players to play with some official clearance??? Or is it handled locally with the transfer paperwork and release from the school he's leaving from, in this case PAM???

For this situation, they would have to have clearance from the UIL with a residence eligibility waiver.

8 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

That's the million dollar question.  From what I read the waiver which was requested has nothing to do with whether Coach Harrison and the PAISD administration signed the PAPF without incident.

The waiver was from the eligibility requirement which is stated in Rule 403 (f), which states that a student is eligible for competition:

f) is a resident of the member school district (See

This is the hidden content, please
), and a resident of the attendance zone in which the member school being attended is situated:

(1) or has been continuously enrolled in and regularly attending the school for at least the previous calendar year if his or her parents do not reside within the school district’s attendance zone; see (5) (B) below for exception. Note: A student who has changed schools for athletic purposes may be declared ineligible for more than one calendar year. See Section 443 (f) (3). For students placed on a waiting list for admittance to an open enrollment charter school that is a member school, the earlier of the first day of enrollment or the first day of school for the school year following the date of application begins the time frame for compliance with the exception noted in this section...

So what I infer (rightly or wrongly) is that the DEC can rule that a player has not transferred for athletic purposes, yet still rule him ineligible due to failure to comply with residency requirements.

Did the DEC make such a ruling?  Absent an appeal of the DEC's decision of the forfeit to the State Executive Committee and a resulting full hearing, you and I will probably never know the answer to that question.

Any word on whether Nederland will appeal to the full board?

3 hours ago, Brubaker said:

The transfer/release was signed by PAM and filed with the UIL.  The UIL saw something and contacted the school.  Neumann immediately took action until the decision came down?  No spin, just facts.  There is absolutely NO way Neumann would put guys like Connor Perkins and Corbin Smith (2 time district champs and seniors) intentionally in jeopardy of something like this.  This goes for all of his senior class.  Your post above is straight GARBAGE lies, but fun for you I know.

Wait, the waiver was filed with the UIL, "The UIL saw something and contacted the school."  MEANING THE UIL NEVER CLEARED THE KID INITIALLY AND NEUMANN PLAYED HIM ANYWAY? Paperwork with the UIL usually isn't filed until something happens at the district level first. If everything was on the up and up WHY DID PAM VOTE FOR NED TO FORFEIT AFTER SIGNING THE RELEASE? Do you not understand that or choose to believe the garbage you're being fed? 

*Somebody break out the transfer rules to make sure I'm not relaying a misnomer.

Any kid transferring into the program must sit for a set amount of time as specified in the transfer rules(Number of days?). I believe it's 15 days. Laday came to Ned and didn't sit the allotted amount of time which Neumann knew about. Tells me he was negligent on following up on the information dealing his "surprise" transfer from down the street or he felt like since PAM signed a waiver for a kid they didn't need nobody would turn him in for trying to skate around the rules. Either way he's at fault.

The Oliver boys transferred from King the prior semester but never played for Crosby because Riordan did his due diligence, same reason the new o-line transfer from King had to sit. The difference is the first game of the season when we played Nederland Riordan knew he didn't need them to win.      

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Wait, the waiver was filed with the UIL, "The UIL saw something and contacted the school."  MEANING THE UIL NEVER CLEARED THE KID INITIALLY AND NEUMANN PLAYED HIM ANYWAY? Paperwork with the UIL usually isn't filed until something happens at the district level first. If everything was on the up and up WHY DID PAM VOTE FOR NED TO FORFEIT AFTER SIGNING THE RELEASE? Do you not understand that or choose to believe the garbage you're being fed? 

*Somebody break out the transfer rules to make sure I'm not relaying a misnomer.

Any kid transferring into the program must sit for a set amount of time as specified in the transfer rules(Number of days?). I believe it's 15 days. Laday came to Ned and didn't sit the allotted amount of time which Neumann knew about. Tells me he was negligent on following up on the information dealing his "surprise" transfer from down the street or he felt like since PAM signed a waiver for a kid they didn't need nobody would turn him in for trying to skate around the rules. Either way he's at fault.

The Oliver boys transferred from King the prior semester but never played for Crosby because Riordan did his due diligence, same reason the new o-line transfer from King had to sit. The difference is the first game of the season when we played Nederland Riordan knew he didn't need them to win.      

Coug makes a good point.

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

* grabs popcorn*  

23 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

In this situation it was 6 quarters he was to sit... This is about the most misinformed thread on this site... I have not seen one person that has the correct scenario........ Should be locked..

6 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

In this situation it was 6 quarters he was to sit... This is about the most misinformed thread on this site... I have not seen one person that has the correct scenario........ Should be locked..

Please free to enlighten us.

18 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

It wasn't the transfer rules if I understand, it was the residency which could be an issue at any time, 15 days a year, whatever

Based upon my reading of Gabe's story as well as the appropriate UIL rules, that is my understanding as well.

52 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Its a conspiracy!

5 hours ago, Brubaker said:

The transfer/release was signed by PAM and filed with the UIL.  The UIL saw something and contacted the school.  Neumann immediately took action until the decision came down?  No spin, just facts.  There is absolutely NO way Neumann would put guys like Connor Perkins and Corbin Smith (2 time district champs and seniors) intentionally in jeopardy of something like this.  This goes for all of his senior class.  Your post above is straight GARBAGE lies, but fun for you I know.

Respectfully, I think your post misses the ultimate point.  It doesn't matter if this was done intentionally or due to an oversight.  And, ultimately if he was ineligible because of transfer or rules or residency status, I don't see where that matters either.  If Neumann played the kid knowing the risk, he was dead wrong.  If it was done due to an oversight or negligence, he was still dead wrong.  The buck stops with him as far as making sure that everyone on his roster is eligible for whatever reason.  That is his job and a big part of why he gets a rather sizeable salary from the taxpayers of NISD.  In this case, that was not done and it has put a huge black eye on the athletic department and the district.  Given the perception (real or not) that football and basketball have been recruiting PA Memorial kids, this goes a long way toward validating that belief, unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Respectfully, I think your post misses the ultimate point.  It doesn't matter if this was done intentionally or due to an oversight.  And, ultimately if he was ineligible because of transfer or rules or residency status, I don't see where that matters either.  If Neumann played the kid knowing the risk, he was dead wrong.  If it was done due to an oversight or negligence, he was still dead wrong.  The buck stops with him as far as making sure that everyone on his roster is eligible for whatever reason.  That is his job and a big part of why he gets a rather sizeable salary from the taxpayers of NISD.  In this case, that was not done and it has put a huge black eye on the athletic department and the district.  Given the perception (real or not) that football and basketball have been recruiting PA Memorial kids, this goes a long way toward validating that belief, unfortunately. 

From the article I read, Neumann agrees with you.

Jmo, Coach Neumann was confident that all was good to go.  I certainly don't know what all went on, but I don't believe he was trying "slip one over".  That said, the buck stops with him.  He'll take his licks, and come back.  I doubt we'll ever find out the sequence of events that led up to this.  Based on some of the above Rules/information, I wouldn't understand if they told me.

38 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I think the point was, yes it was a poor job, but the Garbage was the comment of knowledge and intent to deceive... that my Ned Nederlander is very much GARBAGE.  

8 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

Everyone loves to kick you when you're down ned. Especially considering that you have had such success lately. Don't let em get to you. Pick your head and dust yourself off and leave this behind you. 

26 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Jmo, Coach Neumann was confident that all was good to go.  I certainly don't know what all went on, but I don't believe he was trying "slip one over".  That said, the buck stops with him.  He'll take his licks, and come back.  I doubt we'll ever find out the sequence of events that led up to this.  Based on some of the above Rules/information, I wouldn't understand if they told me.

One level headed man in the bunch, good take

40 minutes ago, Vpirate02 said:

Everyone loves to kick you when you're down ned. Especially considering that you have had such success lately. Don't let em get to you. Pick your head and dust yourself off and leave this behind you. 

I don't feel sorry for Nederland. Believe me from what  I have read on this board for years is Nederland will kick you whether your down or up! That goes for a lot PNG fans too!