Coldspring-Oakhurst 33 Kirbyville 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

Grate game Trojans enjoyed it. Proud of the Kats they played hard and gave it all they had.  

Not having #1 Erving # 5 Smith #28 Reeves #34 Adam's  and #7 Fentress (didn't practice all week but tried to play),  big #70 Z.O. tried to play too but just not ready, and #85 Diggers looks like pretty serious shoulder injury early, made for a tough week against a good Trojan team. 

But CS earned it and did what it took to get a well deserved win  on the road.  Congrats 

1 hour ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

So are Coldspring and Woodville more evenly matched than many thought at first?

No disrespect to Coldspring good program but just my opinion not even close.  CS has a very fast back I think #20 or 22 that if he gets outside is fast.  That is what killed kville.  I think Woodville speed can contain him and CS is going to struggle on offense.  On offense even if CS stacks the box I think WV is just bigger and will run all night with no problems. 

Sorry CS but just my opinion based on what I saw last two weeks,,,  WV 42 CS 13

2 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

So are Coldspring and Woodville more evenly matched than many thought at first?

That's gonna be a no. We competed very well with Coldspring despite the odds against us with so many key players out. We never once were in the game against yall. CS earned this win...no complaints or whining on our end and all due respect to CS. But they won't beat Woodville. It'll be a 3+ score win for yall.

52 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Grate game Trojans enjoyed it. Proud of the Kats they played hard and gave it all they had.  

Not having #1 Erving # 5 Smith #28 Reeves #34 Adam's  and #7 Fentress (didn't practice all week but tried to play),  big #70 Z.O. tried to play too but just not ready, and #85 Diggers looks like pretty serious shoulder injury early, made for a tough week against a good Trojan team. 

But CS earned it and did what it took to get a well deserved win  on the road.  Congrats 

Plus Ty hurt his wrist early on. We just were too deep in the hole from the start to dig our way out. But our boys still made me proud. If everybody had been healthy, this would have been a very different outcome.

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

No disrespect to Coldspring good program but just my opinion not even close.  CS has a very fast back I think #20 or 22 that if he gets outside is fast.  That is what killed kville.  I think Woodville speed can contain him and CS is going to struggle on offense.  On offense even if CS stacks the box I think WV is just bigger and will run all night with no problems. 

Sorry CS but just my opinion based on what I saw last two weeks,,,  WV 42 CS 13

I couldn't agree more with ryker coldspring get blowed out by woodville in week 10 unless something serious changes. I watched not games and there is no matchup for woodville in our district.

Yes at eagleswoodville#1 the Trojans and the Eagles are more evenly matched.  The Trojans have had to work out kinks in their defense pre-district matchups!!! Coldspring has always been known for having some speedy running backs.  The Woodville Eagles for years have speed which was displayed on the football field as well as the track arena.  The Trojan team this year has an large amount of underclassmen therefore that explains some of the mental slip up that have occurred earlier in this season I believe.

1 hour ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Yes at eagleswoodville#1 the Trojans and the Eagles are more evenly matched.  The Trojans have had to work out kinks in their defense pre-district matchups!!! Coldspring has always been known for having some speedy running backs.  The Woodville Eagles for years have speed which was displayed on the football field as well as the track arena.  The Trojan team this year has an large amount of underclassmen therefore that explains some of the mental slip up that have occurred earlier in this season I believe.

No disrespect to you guys at Coldspring but no, you do not match up with Woodville. I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening. Woodville is playing at a different level this yr. I'll be very very shocked if yall can keep it within 3 scores. Jmo...good luck though proving me wrong. :)

1 hour ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Similar back grounds and situations maybe but evenly matched....no

Not Even going to be close

24 minutes ago, Woodville89 said:

We didn't have a chance against Kville either ! Our problem with Liberty was 5 turnovers.I don't think we have had that many in the rest of games combined .Only time will tell ! I don't care what score is as long as we WIN ! Old saying goes one is as good as a 100 ! 

Actually y'all did have a chance against Kirbyville. Now do I think y'all can beat Coldspring? Yes . Will y'all ? Possibly. Will y'all blow them out? No. 

On 10/8/2016 at 9:09 AM, rykerx144 said:

why were all those kids out? were they hurt, grades or other reasons?

Hello fellow bloggers, it has been a couple of days since TrojanMoJo blogged.  I have been working!! I am just getting a chance to look at these blogs.  I am going to address each one individually and collectively as a group.  First, kudos to the whole group for allowing a lady to blog with a lot of guys who surely know football, and having shown myself some nettique love,  It is truly appreciated.  Enough of that, the topic at hand, is is Coldspring evenly matched.  My blog seem to spark a few responses, I am glad.  First I like to thank Aggies WE are one for the huge compliment to my Coldspring Trojans!!!  Also thanks to Ryker 144, and 97mfan06, as well as Woodville89

On 10/9/2016 at 3:53 PM, aTmfan06 said:

Woodville isn't blowing Coldspring out.. And if anyone would like to bet on that toss out some wagers ...

Thanks, at Tmfan06, for sticking up for my Coldspring Trojans, it is truly appreciated from everyone in Coldspring!!! I am agree with you I am willing to wager.  First, I would like to know the strength of Woodville Eagles pre-district schedule? The Coldspring Trojans pre-district schedule was brutal, it had me doubting if we could just get 1 win, I am being totally honest.  I have only seen our team play against Crockett, I was thoroughly unimpressed with my Trojans, they seem to lack the "swagger" of our past teams, they seem a bit timid.  I just want to enlighten Woodville89 that we scored 3 touchdowns in either 70 secs or 90 secs against a very good Liberty Panther team in Liberty, Texas which was a tough place to play in.  Second, our game is Week 10, we are focused only on the game this week which is against the Trinity Tigers.  We have motto in Coldspring "Day by day".  Third, both teams have to play a very good Buna Cougar team in Buna, lets not over look this team.  Fourth, at Woodville89 can you please and thank you can you show us just a little respect for my Coldspring Trojans, we are the 6-time defending district champs from old 3A to new 4A division 2, if you think the Trojans will bow down to the Woodville Eagles think again.  This maybe not be a "Mighty Trojan Team" like in past years but this team has a spirit that wont give up, prime example the Liberty game. People predicted we would lose 40-0 some of our own fans, but the point is this team never stops playing until the clock hits 00:00.  Lastly, in the event that both teams happneded to be undefeated at Week 10, just know the whole town of Coldspring will invade Woodville that night.  You all might beat us but it will be a fight to the finish.  This years team goals are different than past years.  Their main focus is on keeping the district championship streak alive at this point.

TrojanMoJo,

To what you posted above and no disrespect to you, I am a die hard Trojan fan. You speak of the tough schedule we had and the amount of pre district losses we had.

Lets start with Hardin Jefferson:

1:20 seconds into the game and HJ had 6 on the board, Lightening stopped the rest of the game.

Shepherd Game:

We had a 30 point lead going into the 2nd half of the game and Defense couldn't stop the worst JV squad out there. O line didn't block and the Trojans couldn't move the ball at all.

Liberty:

3 scores in 1:10 seconds in the first half. All 3 scores were due to special teams. Offense didn't move the ball and Defense... Well I wonder if they even showed up. Not taking anything away from The Panthers of Liberty because this is the football team that the Liberty faithful has been talking about for the past 5 years that final showed u[.

Crockett:

The first game Coldspring had some defense show up and a little offense. I feel that was the first game that CS really played. This comes do to some adjustments Coach Byrd made in the off week.

Warren:

Well we wont talk about that game.

Kirbville:

Taylor #22 had the game of a life time for a total of just over 300 yards rushing. He wouldn't have been able to do that except he was able to get out on the seem and go north and south. Byrd changed up the play calling a bunch do to the fact the O line is very young and week. Defense did play physical last week as well.

I say all of that to say this. I feel Woodville will when the district and will beat CS by at least 2 scores.

Hello big daddy, no disrespect taken at all!! I like your analysis of the games bc the only game I have been able to attend was the Crockett vs. Coldspring game. I had to leave at halftime bc I had a 12 hour shift to work the next day.

Your absolutely right about the shepherd game. I was livid to know we lost to them but I was more frustrated in the manner. 33-7 halftime lead shaking my head. The defensive adjustments were not made & the stops were not being performed. But you have to admit shepherd is a much improved squad.

Second the liberty game, I anticipated we would lose. Big daddy but the Liberty panthers are an awromen team & are playing on a different level than any of the team s in our area 

9 hours ago, Bigdaddy79 said:

TrojanMoJo,

To what you posted above and no disrespect to you, I am a die hard Trojan fan. You speak of the tough schedule we had and the amount of pre district losses we had.

Lets start with Hardin Jefferson:

1:20 seconds into the game and HJ had 6 on the board, Lightening stopped the rest of the game.

Shepherd Game:

We had a 30 point lead going into the 2nd half of the game and Defense couldn't stop the worst JV squad out there. O line didn't block and the Trojans couldn't move the ball at all.

Liberty:

3 scores in 1:10 seconds in the first half. All 3 scores were due to special teams. Offense didn't move the ball and Defense... Well I wonder if they even showed up. Not taking anything away from The Panthers of Liberty because this is the football team that the Liberty faithful has been talking about for the past 5 years that final showed u[.

Crockett:

The first game Coldspring had some defense show up and a little offense. I feel that was the first game that CS really played. This comes do to some adjustments Coach Byrd made in the off week.

Warren:

Well we wont talk about that game.

Kirbville:

Taylor #22 had the game of a life time for a total of just over 300 yards rushing. He wouldn't have been able to do that except he was able to get out on the seem and go north and south. Byrd changed up the play calling a bunch do to the fact the O line is very young and week. Defense did play physical last week as well.

I say all of that to say this. I feel Woodville will when the district and will beat CS by at least 2 scores.

how would that be taking anything away from the panthers?? you admitted your 3 scores came in a matter of 1:10 seconds due to liberty fumbles on special teams, and that other than that your offense didn't move the ball and the defense didn't show up? I don't think that's taking anything away from us , that's what happened, all your points came from liberty fumbles, 1 literally was a fumble recovery td on a kickoff return and one was a fumble on like the 10 and yall punched it in the next play... and your offense didn't move the ball because the panthers defense played a good game, they gave up points but like you said it was off of special teams turnovers