Liberty Vs. Orangefield

setxnative96

22 minutes ago, dawgnpurple said:

Orangefield goes down hard in this one 42-14

HJ ends up in the 4 spot

Orangefield will end up in the 5 spot

HF is the sleeper moving in at number 3

Interesting prediction! But hey, not a single district game has been played yet so anything can happen! Good luck to all the teams in 12-4A-II , let's hope for an exciting year. 

18 minutes ago, dawgnpurple said:

Liberty could very easily get whipped by HF.  HF is the 4A sleeper.  HJ and HF could very well be a blowout in HF favor.  People have not paid enough attention.  Overlooking a dangerous Underdawg is a bad idea. 

I'm not sure which HF team you've been watching.... Could it be the same 1 win team everyone else has been watching?

WOS is WOS

Liberty is undefeated with a win over a quality Woodville team

HJ beat Jasper

36 minutes ago, dawgnpurple said:

Liberty could very easily get whipped by HF.  HF is the 4A sleeper.  HJ and HF could very well be a blowout in HF favor.  People have not paid enough attention.  Overlooking a dangerous Underdawg is a bad idea. 

Pardon me for not having "paid enough attention". I opened my eyes a little bit more after your post and really dug in and started paying attention and what I found was this. 

HJ beat Buna 40-25 ... HF lost to Buna 26-38 ... OF beat Buna 45-0 

HF lost to Anahuac 19-20 .... Liberty beat Anahuac 35-0 .... 

It's one thing to have some confidence in your team it's another to suggest they could "blowout" HJ ... and then tell everyone else they haven't been paying attention , simply for disagreeing with you. LOL

Now I will say this. I saw some film on HF today and I actually like their offense more than Orangefield's. I think they have a few more playmakers than OF does. However, I have not seen the HJ film yet so I have no idea how they compare to HJ. With that being said I still can't blame anyone from across the district who predicts HF will get last place based on their performance thus far.

17 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I'm not sure which HF team you've been watching.... Could it be the same 1 win team everyone else has been watching?

WOS is WOS

Liberty is undefeated with a win over a quality Woodville team

HJ beat Jasper

Quality Shepherd team as well. Look for them to play for the district title in their district against Bellville this season. Also SETX has , or had them in their setx top 10 , IDK if they are still there I haven't checked but you can definitely call them at least a "quality" opponent. 

3 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Pardon me for not having "paid enough attention". I opened my eyes a little bit more after your post and really dug in and started paying attention and what I found was this. 

HJ beat Buna 40-25 ... HF lost to Buna 26-38 ... OF beat Buna 45-0 

HF lost to Anahuac 19-20 .... Liberty beat Anahuac 35-0 .... 

It's one thing to have some confidence in your team it's another to suggest they could "blowout" HJ ... and then tell everyone else they haven't been paying attention , simply for disagreeing with you. LOL

Now I will say this. I saw some film on HF today and I actually like their offense more than Orangefield's. I think they have a few more playmakers than OF does. However, I have not seen the HJ film yet so I have no idea how they compare to HJ. With that being said I still can't blame anyone from across the district who predicts HF will get last place based on their performance thus far.

I don't blame anyone for the predictions.  They are good predictions going off of past scores. If anyone has seen HF play, they know that team is not awful as stated.  Careful overlooking that underdawg.   

2 minutes ago, dawgnpurple said:

I don't blame anyone for the predictions.  They are good predictions going off of past scores. If anyone has seen HF play, they know that team is not awful as stated.  Careful overlooking that underdawg.   

Now that statement I can agree with completely. They are not as bad on film as their scores show. 

11 minutes ago, dawgnpurple said:

I watched them play - they will not make the playoffs

Final record: 1-9

Liberty will be tough for Orangefield to beat this week, but I believe if we can eat some clock and hold on to the ball we have a chance.

I just don't see how HF can beat Orangefield. I know they have a new coach, but they've never been able to stop our offense. Even though they beat us last year, they had to out score us to do so. So I just don't see that happening.

HJ and OF should be a battle, I believe both teams are very similar and either one could come out on top. Common opponents in LCM and Buna were early games in the year.

HJ 40 Buna 25....OF 45 Buna 0

HJ 20 LCM 40.... OF 42 LCM 43 OT

Both teams have improved since then and are relatively healthy as can be this time of the year. It'll be a fun game to watch!!!

35 minutes ago, Bobkat said:

Liberty will be tough for Orangefield to beat this week, but I believe if we can eat some clock and hold on to the ball we have a chance.

I just don't see how HF can beat Orangefield. I know they have a new coach, but they've never been able to stop our offense. Even though they beat us last year, they had to out score us to do so. So I just don't see that happening.

HJ and OF should be a battle, I believe both teams are very similar and either one could come out on top. Common opponents in LCM and Buna were early games in the year.

HJ 40 Buna 25....OF 45 Buna 0

HJ 20 LCM 40.... OF 42 LCM 43 OT

Both teams have improved since then and are relatively healthy as can be this time of the year. It'll be a fun game to watch!!!

Did you copy and paste my post.  LOL.  I said the same exact thing.

11 hours ago, dawgnpurple said:

Liberty will beat HF by 30+ unless HF has drastically improved from the beginning of the season.