trying to catch up. what happened to BuddyGarrity

jimbob82

Imo, there's plenty of room for finger pointing.  This is a football Forum.   When folks start to badmouth, or make insinuations about others, or communities, they have gotten way out of line.  And then there's the posters with their innuendo who want to claim their innocence.  C'mon man.

We have a good thing here.  Lets don't let a few knuckleheads ruin it.

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Imo, there's plenty of room for finger pointing.  This is a football Forum.   When folks start to badmouth, or make insinuations about others, or communities, they have gotten way out of line.  And then there's the posters with their innuendo who want to claim their innocence.  C'mon man.

Agreed..... bottom line is HIS feelings are hurt... HE has to deal with that...

30 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Every forum needs DIVERSITY... If not, you end up with a dead forum like many others already have... So in reality you need the rah rahs, the mommas, the old timers, the proud daddys, the no knowledge internet warriors, the educated x players, and the pot stirrers.. Trust me, without DIVERSITY, the single groups get old rather quick...

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

Every forum needs DIVERSITY... If not, you end up with a dead forum like many others already have... So in reality you need the rah rahs, the mommas, the old timers, the proud daddys, the no knowledge internet warriors, the educated x players, and the pot stirrers.. Trust me, without DIVERSITY, the single groups get old rather quick...

Heck, I'm one of the "no knowledge internet warriors".  I just don't identify, verbally attacking other posters or communities, as diversity.  You're right we need diversity.  What kind of Forum would it be if everyone on here thought Vidor was a cinch to beat PNG.  B o r I n g.  

And whatever you think of Buddy, he wasn't boring.  

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Heck, I'm one of the "no knowledge internet warriors".  I just don't identify, verbally attacking other posters or communities, as diversity.  You're right we need diversity.  What kind of Forum would it be if everyone on here thought Vidor was a cinch to beat PNG.  B o r I n g.  

And whatever you think of Buddy, he wasn't boring.  

I have not seen many malicious posts on my time here. I take everyone as sarcastic and facetious. If one was to get upset over every little snide remark, I do think that individual would be upset at this computer screen day in day out... Everyone has there own opinion and that is what makes this board interesting. But IMO, the threads stay going because of these very remarks this post is talking about. I have never had a issue with any post B.G. has made. He has sat with me at games before. But I am sure my opinion is different from others. But this thread is on its 4th page. That should say something...... I have personally seen threads that myself and BG rib people on go 20+++ pages.. Only time will tell if those long threads go without him or myself ribbing anymore.....

13 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I have not seen many malicious posts on my time here. I take everyone as sarcastic and facetious. If one was to get upset over every little snide remark, I do think that individual would be upset at this computer screen day in day out... Everyone has there own opinion and that is what makes this board interesting. But IMO, the threads stay going because of these very remarks this post is talking about. I have never had a issue with any post B.G. has made. He has sat with me at games before. But I am sure my opinion is different from others. But this thread is on its 4th page. That should say something...... I have personally seen threads that myself and BG rib people on go 20+++ pages.. Only time will tell if those long threads go without him or myself ribbing anymore.....

I think you overestimate the value of instigating threads.  Let's just say that I don't share your opinion and more importantly, neither does the guy who pays all of the bills for the site that you and I get to play on.

And again, he has not been banished.  If he chooses to post here, he is free to do so in accordance with the forum rules, pinned at the top of this and every other forum for all to read.  If he doesn't, he doesn't.  But if you believe I am going to add my name to those here who wish to kiss his hind end in some hope of bringing him back, you are mistaken.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What puzzles me is that some seem to think the guy was banished from the site. That is completely false.

Just had his moderator status revoked. He could still be a member here and continue to post like many others here do without being a mod.

It seems that is not good enough.

My statement is just a GENERAL statement about the negative posts about B.G. It is an opinion of sorts.... Nothing to do with any other poster on this lovely site.......