WO-S vs Kennedale Predictions Thread

tennisbc

3 minutes ago, robanadana said:

I've seen Kennedale in the past because my children live in Whitney and I can make a few games around there. WOS should handle these guys but it's not gonna be the cake walk you guys are imagining. They play good, solid football around that area and the two losses they have are against very quality opponents. I believe the score will be in the 35 -21 range WOS. BTW, Kennedale runs the slot-T same as my Pirates. You guys gave up three TDs to us in the scrimmage...don't over look this team.

We never over look an opponent. Hey, did our 1st string give up the 3 scrimmage TD's or the 2nd and 3rd string guys?

2 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

We never over look an opponent. Hey, did our 1st string give up the 3 scrimmage TD's or the 2nd and 3rd string guys?

All three to the first string...I believe the final was 35 - 19. Y'all spared us when you pulled Jack Dallas out of the lineup. At that point, we both went to subs. Kennedale won't be easy for y'all...this is the game in your schedule that will be the test. Those Ft. Worth area teams play good football. And you guys know I'm a WOS fan.

2 minutes ago, robanadana said:

All three to the first string...I believe the final was 35 - 19. Y'all spared us when you pulled Jack Dallas out of the lineup. At that point, we both went to subs. Kennedale won't be easy for y'all...this is the game in your schedule that will be the test. Those Ft. Worth area teams play good football. And you guys know I'm a WOS fan.

Yes I know you are a fan, and this game will be a test despite the Wildcats record.  

3 minutes ago, robanadana said:

We know you are and thanks for the info. I just really don't see a slot T having success on our front 3. Probably front 5 against this team though.

The Ft. Worth area schools have a lot of money, good facilities and good coaching. I would venture to say in that area they are a head above our area. WOS has it all this year and I believe you guys would compete for a 5A title...just that Kennedale is a perennial from an area that has some fun teams to watch. Lot of state championships come from the US 287 corridor.

5 hours ago, robanadana said:

Only one of the TD's were on the first string (Maverick) .  The other two came later in the scrimmage. 

Just can't see a wing - T having much success against the " chain-gang ". Can't see many defenses slowing down JD , KJ, JS and an stellar offensive line. The entire team is on a level few teams ever achieve . If I have one bit of criticism , too many needless penalties .  

WOS wins this easily and could possibly have the 5th shutout of the season.

9 hours ago, robanadana said:

I've seen Kennedale in the past because my children live in Whitney and I can make a few games around there. WOS should handle these guys but it's not gonna be the cake walk you guys are imagining. They play good, solid football around that area and the two losses they have are against very quality opponents. I believe the score will be in the 35 -21 range WOS. BTW, Kennedale runs the slot-T same as my Pirates. You guys gave up three TDs to us in the scrimmage...don't over look this team.

Wasn't it like 28 to 0 wos  before Vidor even scored in that scrimmage 

On 9/24/2016 at 1:04 PM, robanadana said:

Rob, I know you've been friendly to WO-S over the years, but are you really proud of Vidor scoring three TDs in a scrimmage? The first one was a nice breakaway long run against first-teamers, but the other two were against a mix of JV players in the 2nd half...in a scrimmage. I'd like to see what would happen in a real game when the coaches are game planning, not auditioning players for positions and just trying to get reps. But, until Coach Matthews changes his mind... 

WO-S has seen so many slot-T football teams in the last five years that you would think it's the only offense known to man - BC, Vidor, Bellville, OF, HJ, etc. What I find interesting about the Kennedale squad is they use three backs who all have good speed. Not one of them is the brusing halfback type. Their offense looks just like BC, but the tailback speed will mean we have to be as quick as possible on reading their backfield. As for passing the ball, they leave much to be desired. One of their outside linebackers (#6 - Baron Browning) is considered the second highest rated outside linebackers in the nation. All in all, I think the 2015 Kennedale team was a little better, but they have a good pedigree and it's a good match for WO-S. 

45 minutes ago, griff said:

Rob, I know you've been friendly to WO-S over the years, but are you really proud of Vidor scoring three TDs in a scrimmage? The first one was a nice breakaway long run against first-teamers, but the other two were against a mix of JV players in the 2nd half...in a scrimmage. I'd like to see what would happen in a real game when the coaches are game planning, not auditioning players for positions and just trying to get reps. But, until Coach Matthews changes his mind... 

WO-S has seen so many slot-T football teams in the last five years that you would think it's the only offense known to man - BC, Vidor, Bellville, OF, HJ, etc. What I find interesting about the Kennedale squad is they use three backs who all have good speed. Not one of them is the brusing halfback type. Their offense looks just like BC, but the tailback speed will mean we have to be as quick as possible on reading their backfield. As for passing the ball, they leave much to be desired. One of their outside linebackers (#6 - Baron Browning) is considered the second highest rated outside linebackers in the nation. All in all, I think the 2015 Kennedale team was a little better, but they have a good pedigree and it's a good match for WO-S. 

Very good post. The Browning kid seems to be a good kid both on and off the field.

On 9/24/2016 at 2:04 PM, robanadana said:

Wasn't it like 28 to 0 wos  before Vidor even scored in that scrimmage