Humble 28 Splendora 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

I can't find an official stat sheet judging from the main players' numbers it looks like Humble held Splendora to under 200 total yards of offense after they rushed for 437 on Dayton. After running for 344 yards in his last game Evan Nichols was held to 74 yards on 22 carries Friday night. He didn't have a run over 10 yards, Splendora's qb was 7-12 for 59 yards to go with 16 rushing yards. 

I think Splendora is what we thought they were, they just played over their skis on Dayton. I don't think they win another district game other than KP or Caney Creek. 

On 9/25/2016 at 10:09 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I can't find an official stat sheet judging from the main players' numbers it looks like Humble held Splendora to under 200 total yards of offense after they rushed for 437 on Dayton. After running for 344 yards in his last game Evan Nichols was held to 74 yards on 22 carries Friday night. He didn't have a run over 10 yards, Splendora's qb was 7-12 for 59 yards to go with 16 rushing yards. 

I think Splendora is what we thought they were, they just played over their skis on Dayton. I don't think they win another district game other than KP or Caney Creek. 

I agree with your assessment.  They eat a lot of clock, but some of that was poor d-line play from Humble.  It took them 9 minutes to score in the first quarter.  And about 6-7 minute possessions after that.  Humble made a defensive personnel change that pretty much made what splendora was doing irrelevant.  Moved OL J.Castillo to defensive line.... boy do I think this kid plays the wrong position.  

I never felt like we were going to lose the game.  Despite some really bad mistakes on getting plays in and looking disoriented the entire night.   I honestly don't know how Dayton lost this game.   Splendora beats kpark and caney creek, buts it's hard to see how they beat anyone that can score quickly