Jack Dallas To Lamar

KABrother

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

Hmm, maybe I will make some Lamer Football games! Not sure why that Lamar coach is not trying to recruit more local talent!

Good Luck Jack.

Imo, they're doing a much improved job of local recruiting than they use to.  Hope they get even better with it.  I'm 99% sure it would boost attendance.

1 hour ago, EaglesFootball said:

Well Lamar needs to hit Newton like McNeese does then they are recruiting hard enough I presume 

Lamar does recruit Newton pretty hard, but i think they have given up on it since no one commits there. In the past four years, they have offer scholarships to Brent Spikes, Trevor Holmes, Romando Stewart, DJ Dean, Kevin Shorter, Calum Foster and Gabe Foster. The kids just choose other schools. I like seeing the kids at McNeese for some reason. 

One big reason Lamar has trouble landing local talent is that 17-18 year old kids want to get out and experience college life and you can't blame them for that.  Another reason is that they aren't going to compete with FBS team for most kids FBS teams are after...I feel like they are going a good job at snagging the under the radar guys from SETX though and some have already showed they belong.  Rodney Randle from Ozen comes immediately to mind...believe Lamar was his only offer and he ended up becoming a starter at CB and KR as a freshman.  Got arguably the areas best QB from last year, one of the top RBs and a do it all in Adam Morse, Austin Krautz and Kendrick King last signing class.  Looks like Morse will RS this year, Krautz has seen action in all 3 games so far and King broke camp in the 2-deep at WR and caught his first TD last week.  They have also been successful in getting local kid to come home if things don't work out as planned at FBS schools.

McNeese has an absolute strangle hold on Newton especially if your last name is Foster.  The only Newton player I can recall signing with Lamar was Ramando Stewart, however he only lasted 1 season before he was no longer with the team.

10 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

Well Lamar needs to hit Newton like McNeese does then they are recruiting hard enough I presume 

From what I remember, at least when I was at the BE, Lamar goes after Newton kids. It's just that there's a pipeline from Newton to Lake Charles that McNeese built while Lamar didn't have a football program.

I really think this is a break through for Lamar @ QB. If Jack carries that WOS swag to PH Stadium, you gonna see a bunch of new butts in the seats. This is a great signing and a steal, IMO...been watching him since he was a frosh and knew he was special. His performance against Celina last year in the state championship was the best of all the games. This kid is a big time performer!

20 hours ago, Under Par said:

Lamar does recruit Newton pretty hard, but i think they have given up on it since no one commits there. In the past four years, they have offer scholarships to Brent Spikes, Trevor Holmes, Romando Stewart, DJ Dean, Kevin Shorter, Calum Foster and Gabe Foster. The kids just choose other schools. I like seeing the kids at McNeese for some reason. 

Yeah they offer them but they don't recruit them hard you can't just offer and kid and call them every once in a while that is not recruiting. When McNeese offers a Newton kid they come by and see them hit them up on social media they call them all that. That is how you recruit someone if you really want them. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

College Football is way different than HS Football. 

True but they all started playing HS football regardless of who they are. I look at Jack's ability under pressure, especially having played in two (three later this year) of the biggest stage games there are in state championships. There is no doubt when you see WOS play who the leader of the team is. For SE Texas sake, we can only pray that translates to Lamar and we get to see some 9+ victory teams.

7 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

Yeah they offer them but they don't recruit them hard you can't just offer and kid and call them every once in a while that is not recruiting. When McNeese offers a Newton kid they come by and see them hit them up on social media they call them all that. That is how you recruit someone if you really want them. 

I'm not understanding why you think that? When Lamar offered these guys from newton, the coaches did pursue them like all the other recruiting coordinators from others schools did. They came to the school just as many times as McNeese did. I witnessed it personally. It's just the fact that everyone wanted to go other ways or received better offers. McNeese feels like home when it comes to choosing a school if there aren't any bigger offers on the board.