Vidor at Nederland predictions

mytwocents-28

5 hours ago, AdvoSETexas said:

You Pirates play Nederland like it is your superbowl every year. Go find someone else to be a rival with, we have ours already. Vidor is just another game for us.

Get over yourself! Nobody from Vidor thinks this is a rival game. Vidor doesn't have the luxury of being able to recruit from Port Arthur like Nederland and PNG. It's just usually a good game every time Vidor plays Nederland.

Do you really want the Bulldogs to play like "it's just another game".  I doubt Coach Neumann is looking at it that way.  He wants to win District, and could possibly have one loss already.   Right now, PNG and MCM, are the furthest things from his mind.  He's concentrating on the Vidor Pirates, and Coach Matthews is concentrating on the Nederland Bulldogs.  Just another game?   I don't think so.

Normally Vidor has the added motivation of being the underdog in this one, not the case this year.  The Pirates are coming into Bulldog Stadium the favorites and those kids from Nederland haven't had a dang thing go right for them since 2 a days started.  They have to have an us against the world feeling right now, they're the stinking 5 time reigning district champions with several players who were key in a couple of those titles.  Don't underestimate the heart and will of a champion, and yes, Vidor is squarely in the crosshairs.  Neumann said it himself, this is as talented a Vidor team as they have fielded since he's been there.  It will be a tall order, but I've grown tired of doubting these kids in Nederland.

11 hours ago, indianforever said:

Bulldogs win with Fernandez throwing  for 200+

Yeah i hope the dogs pull it off,its been a while since vidor has beat nederland,but if ned don't get that power run attack off of field while there chewing the crap out of the clock,they won't have a chance to put up big numbers,they will wear your def down if you can't stop the run,i hope im wrong im not going against ned only come week 10,but i think vidor has a very very great chance to beat them this year,they had them beat last year and blew it with fumble at end game of game,Go Dogs!

1 hour ago, Brubaker said:

Normally Vidor has the added motivation of being the underdog in this one, not the case this year.  The Pirates are coming into Bulldog Stadium the favorites and those kids from Nederland haven't had a dang thing go right for them since 2 a days started.  They have to have an us against the world feeling right now, they're the stinking 5 time reigning district champions with several players who were key in a couple of those titles.  Don't underestimate the heart and will of a champion, and yes, Vidor is squarely in the crosshairs.  Neumann said it himself, this is as talented a Vidor team as they have fielded since he's been there.  It will be a tall order, but I've grown tired of doubting these kids in Nederland.

Interesting post.  Can't imagine why you would think Nederland is the underdog.  Sure hope the Pirates don't think that.  Ned has won 5 or 6 straight DC.  Has two losses.  One to WOS, possibly the best team on this Forum from 5A down.  Then to Dayton by 1 point, who, like Ned, has a great winning tradition.  They put a severe whipping on Livingston, who just defeated Ltown.  And finally, Ned has beaten Vidor about 9 out of every 10 times they've played (or worse).  I've never doubted this Nederland team.  I may hurrah them a little, and I picked Vidor to win for old times sake, but if there was a million dollars on the line, I'd pick Ned, for all the above reasons.  It's the smart play.  All that said, Go Pirates, you can beat the Bulldogs, but it won't be easy.

13 hours ago, Realville said:

Get over yourself! Nobody from Vidor thinks this is a rival game. Vidor doesn't have the luxury of being able to recruit from Port Arthur like Nederland and PNG. It's just usually a good game every time Vidor plays Nederland.

Yall can recruit from WOS...but what would you offer.

Bring a high profile QB over and have him hand off the ball 20 times a game.

22 minutes ago, NDNation said:

There is no reason any PAT or WOS player to go to Vidor. Doesnt have to do a thing with football and everything to do with Vidor's history and people's perceptions of it. Simple enough.

7 minutes ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Oh here we go... Grow up! Don't try to make something out of nothing.  

Smh 

lmao whatever you say, we were talking about transfers and why they have so few. I answered. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. You should go to Port Arthur and West Orange yourself and ask. See what colorful answers you get.

2 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

lmao whatever you say, we were talking about transfers and why they have so few. I answered. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. You should go to Port Arthur and West Orange yourself and ask.

I live in Orange.  So no need to ask around.  Just feel like it's an unnecessary conversation 

I think Vidor is flat out better than Nederland this year.  They have the athletes and ability to move the ball pretty much against anyone and, sorry Mom and Dad, this might be the worst defense Nederland has had in a very long time.  Small up front, young in the back, and just not very athletic.  Vidor will control the clock and make every Nederland possession extra important.  That's a tough thing for a team with quarterback questions/issues to manage.

Nederland's big advantage is mental.  Do the Vidor coaches and players actually believe they can beat Nederland?  That's to be seen.

3 hours ago, NDNation said:

Look at the map genius. It's almost a 40 mile round trip to school everyday for a kid from WOS to come to Vidor. Port Arthur, Nederland, and Port Neches are right next to each other.