Vidor at Nederland predictions

mytwocents-28

21 hours ago, bigdog said:

Mental as Vidor has won only 9 times overall vs 57 wins for Ned. :)

57-9

Just more reason to keep the foot on the pedal and run it up.  But unlike the MC coaches, Matthews has more class than that.

Most of those 57 wins happened these kids grandparents played.  Man, you guys are cocky for a team that just recently won their first DC in decades.  

8 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Lol.  I doubt that. :)

You guys that can make this game are lucky.  I'm usually stuck updating the screen on here or some social media outlet.  But nothing matches the atmosphere of being at a good high school football game.

I know what you mean. Ive been home sick on a friday night tying to get updates. The Radio is in and out and refreshing the screen every second is a pain..lol We do what we got to do.

8 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I know what you mean. Ive been home sick on a friday night tying to get updates. The Radio is in and out and refreshing the screen every second is a pain..lol We do what we got to do.

Get a new radio and computer…… Injun. 

2 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

Download fox friday  football  you can keep up with all the teams live as they happen state wide

The FOX app?  Watchout with that, ppl play around with scores on there, statewide scoreboard on here when posted is better. 

37 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Lol.  I doubt that. :)

You guys that can make this game are lucky.  I'm usually stuck updating the screen on here or some social media outlet.  But nothing matches the atmosphere of being at a good high school football game.

Welcome to my world.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:47 PM, supergold82 said:

I don't think Nederland will see Vidor's spread punting team. Jeff has not had to use it the last 2 weeks.

Vidor does spread the field, they call it line up for National Anthem!! Should be a good game tonight, always is. Hope all the players leave the field safe. Good luck!!

1 hour ago, Curelover32 said:

Just more reason to keep the foot on the pedal and run it up.  But unlike the MC coaches, Matthews has more class than that.

Most of those 57 wins happened these kids grandparents played.  Man, you guys are cocky for a team that just recently won their first DC in decades.  

Neumann doesn't run it up either.   As far as the 57 wins goes, you are incorrect.  While it took Vidor 35 years to beat Ned for the first time (they started playing in 1940 and Vidor won the first game in 1975 14-13)  They haven't been very successful in the last 30 or so years (9 wins total.)  Mathews has beaten Ned three times. (2001,2006,2010).   Its not cockiness,its history. :)

6 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Neumann doesn't run it up either.   As far as the 57 wins goes, you are incorrect.  While it took Vidor 35 years to beat Ned for the first time (they started playing in 1940 and Vidor won the first game in 1975 14-13)  They haven't been very successful in the last 30 or so years (9 wins total.)  Mathews has beaten Ned three times. (2001,2006,2010).   Its not cockiness,its history. :)

We didn't beat Nederland in our state Semifinal year?  I honestly don't know.  I played in the late 80s and very early 90s.  

I don't dislike MC teams.  I respect tradition.  Even in our worse years, we won that darn KD 97 spirit stick all the time.  Got to give use some credit for being spirited after the history we have had.

11 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

We didn't beat Nederland in our state Semifinal year?  I honestly don't know.  I played in the late 80s and very early 90s.  

I don't dislike MC teams.  I respect tradition.  Even in our worse years, we won that darn KD 97 spirit stick all the time.  Got to give use some credit for being spirited after the history we have had.

No, Vidor didn't play Ned that year.  They had just moved up to 4A, and Vidor was still 3A.  Coach was Edgar Payne.  Came to Vidor after an 0-10 season.  Went 6-4 his first year, and lost at State Semi Finals by penetrations, although Vidor lead in every offensive category.   He retired due to health reasons, but was one of the best Coaches ever in this area, imo.  And Vidor had the best looking uniforms I've ever seen.

17 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

I never said that you weren't.  I have also said that most of the games  lately have been close hard fought games.  I expect tonight to be the same.

18 minutes ago, REBgp said:

No, Vidor didn't play Ned that year.  They had just moved up to 4A, and Vidor was still 3A.  Coach was Edgar Payne.  Came to Vidor after an 0-10 season.  Went 6-4 his first year, and lost at State Semi Finals by penetrations, although Vidor lead in every offensive category.   He retired due to health reasons, but was one of the best Coaches ever in this area, imo.  And Vidor had the best looking uniforms I've ever seen.

Thanks for that.  I remember talking to Sparky about that game.  Back when he was a Vice Principal.  Word was he had a great season.

3 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

Thanks for that.  I remember talking to Sparky about that game.  Back when he was a Vice Principal.  Word was he had a great season.

He was awesome.  On D, he'd get in the offensive backfield and grab a 2 or 3 of RB's, and cull them out until he found the one with the ball.  He made All State, and had offers from Rice and others.  Lamar didn't offer him one.  When he went to them, they said they didn't think he'd want to go there, and gave him one.  That's how I remember it.  He was a great guy, and came from a great family.  And a good friend from those days.