Vidor at Nederland predictions

mytwocents-28

31 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Then all I can say is....Neighbors share, don't be jealous:)

I'm sure PAM is going to share a lot of hiney whipping with their neighbors, and the rest of 22-5A lol.  They've paid their dues being the little guy in 6A.  Now they're a small 4A bigger than everyone else in 5A.  Payback time.  They'll have DC cinched by game 11, so they'll play their JV (against Vidor lol).

22 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Then all I can say is....Neighbors share, don't be jealous:)

Not jealous , just stating the facts. You do the best with what you have. Not all area high school football programs have access to the same resources. Vidor does offer a lot to any kids that want to transfer in its called Humility. Stay humble my friend.

7 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

Yeah i hope the dogs pull it off,its been a while since vidor has beat nederland,but if ned don't get that power run attack off of field while there chewing the crap out of the clock,they won't have a chance to put up big numbers,they will wear your def down if you can't stop the run,i hope im wrong im not going against ned only come week 10,but i think vidor has a very very great chance to beat them this year,they had them beat last year and blew it with fumble at end game of game,Go Dogs!

that is so true dang turnover cost them they had it going their way till that turnover, It happened to PNG a few years back, had the lead, had em 4th and 5 on their 5 yard line, and jumped off sides giving them the first down and the rest is history smh. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Vidor pulled it off, it could happen.

5 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

man I am gonna laugh if NED goes out there and gets the w. PAM will never hear the end of that, let alone if they lose to VIDOR and or PNG also. oh the consequences and repercussions that they would have to respond too lol

That would bring about the dreaded Server Crash :) 

not to mention poor MBG falling (flying?) off the wagon.

2 hours ago, RunninRebels said:

I think Vidor is flat out better than Nederland this year.  They have the athletes and ability to move the ball pretty much against anyone and, sorry Mom and Dad, this might be the worst defense Nederland has had in a very long time.  Small up front, young in the back, and just not very athletic.  Vidor will control the clock and make every Nederland possession extra important.  That's a tough thing for a team with quarterback questions/issues to manage.

Nederland's big advantage is mental.  Do the Vidor coaches and players actually believe they can beat Nederland?  That's to be seen.

Nederland's worst defense in a long time may be better than what Vidor puts on the field. And Nederland's offense can grind it out running as well.  Just because we line up with actual WR's, doesn't mean we can't out Vidor, Vidor.  JMO

17 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

man I am gonna laugh if NED goes out there and gets the w. PAM will never hear the end of that, let alone if they lose to VIDOR and or PNG also. oh the consequences and repercussions that they would have to respond too lol

In bold: I expect that to happen at their house. 

9 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Nederland's worst defense in a long time may be better than what Vidor puts on the field. And Nederland's offense can grind it out running as well.  Just because we line up with actual WR's, doesn't mean we can't out Vidor, Vidor.  JMO

Simmons back for this game now? 

18 hours ago, Realville said:

I think Vidor is flat out better than Nederland this year.  They have the athletes and ability to move the ball pretty much against anyone and, sorry Mom and Dad, this might be the worst defense Nederland has had in a very long time.  Small up front, young in the back, and just not very athletic.  Vidor will control the clock and make every Nederland possession extra important.  That's a tough thing for a team with quarterback questions/issues to manage.

Nederland's big advantage is mental.  Do the Vidor coaches and players actually believe they can beat Nederland?  That's to be seen.

Neither team has beaten anyone........ Definitely not the worst defense in a while, nor the best. Really not that bad up front on D, stayed on the field alot early on due to revolving QBs and quality opponents. I will let you be the judge on our Oline......:). You say mentality is to our advantage, may as well add coaching to that. This should be a very good game!!!!!

3 hours ago, RunninRebels said:

Mental as Vidor has won only 9 times overall vs 57 wins for Ned. :)

57-9

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Not jealous , just stating the facts. You do the best with what you have. Not all area high school football programs have access to the same resources. Vidor does offer a lot to any kids that want to transfer in its called Humility. Stay humble my friend.

That almost sounds like a beer commercial... Stay humble my friend.... On the REAL..... Losing is Losing....

31 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Mental as Vidor has won only 9 times overall vs 57 wins for Ned. :)

57-9

I call it Tradition!  Imo, teams that are perennial winners have that edge going for them.  Ned, PNG, WOS, they all have it.  Vidor will have to hump their backs and say, Not tonight, because Ned always says that.  

45 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

That almost sounds like a beer commercial... Stay humble my friend.... On the REAL..... Losing is Losing....

Glad you were able to catch the humor. On the Real...... If you think Losing is Losing ......Ok.  I am sure it has nothing to do with the talent level each team has. Good coaching only goes so far. You can't win Championships with scrubs.

3 hours ago, Realville said:

Glad you were able to catch the humor. On the Real...... If you think Losing is Losing ......Ok.  I am sure it has nothing to do with the talent level each team has. Good coaching only goes so far. You can't win Championships with scrubs.

Yep.  Might be the best mule ever, but he'll never win the Kentucky Derby.  

Wonder how many folks are going to be at work today, thinking about nothing but this ball game?  Heck, productivity is almost assuredly down all over Texas every Friday during football season.

Ok, I can't pick winners (except Evadale), so I'll pick a score.  Vidor 34 Ned 28.  Great game and no injuries to these young men.