Hmm. Haven't seen this mentioned

westend1

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

From a report I read this morning: 

. Although average wage growth has recently started

to rise, the pace is gradual and a closer inspection shows a two-tier market in which

low-pay sectors (including food services and retail sub-sectors) are seeing the strongest

wage gains, with slower trends elsewhere.

Hey, a job is a job, right?

Had to get rid of all the coal mining jobs to make room for more burger flippers.

17 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Hey, a job is a job, right?

Had to get rid of all the coal mining jobs to make room for more burger flippers.

last thing we need is more burger flippers....fast food joints period are terrible for our health as whole.   We need more home cooked meals where family spend time together around a table without a tv on. Obesity is up.......which plays a role in insurances going up.

On September 15, 2016 at 9:59 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

last thing we need is more burger flippers....fast food joints period are terrible for our health as whole.   We need more home cooked meals where family spend time together around a table without a tv on. Obesity is up.......which plays a role in insurances going up.

I agree.  That's why they need to limit the things you can buy on food stamps.  Junk food, luxury foods, soda, etc shouldn't be allowed.  If you want steak & lobster go work for it and pay for it yourself.  Food stamps shouldn't be a reward, there should be some incentive to want to do better and provide for yourself.  Eating Spam and Ramen everyday might just do that.  

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I agree.  That's why they need to limit the things you can buy on food stamps.  Junk food, luxury foods, soda, etc shouldn't be allowed.  If you want steak & lobster go work for it and pay for it yourself.  Food stamps shouldn't be a reward, there should be some incentive to want to do better and provide for yourself.  Eating Spam and Ramen everyday might just do that.  

I would never eat spam or ramen when beans and rice are so cheap. People with money don't feed their kids well with all the restaurant eating. i have plenty of money now, but ate a whole lot better growing up poor. no gov. aid either. Ate good hot home cooked meals everyday

On 9/14/2016 at 6:28 PM, stevenash said:

You havent seen it mentioned because it did not take place for the last seven years but finally showed up on this report.  Those are good numbers and I contend it could/should have happened a lot sooner if less of this  country's economic resources had been directed toward government efforts.  A couple of quick thoughts-  The poverty rate came down but it came down from an all time high that occurred during the current administration.  Median income had a sizeable jump but was way overdue for that and it is still below the median income when Mr. Bush was in office.  The other "spike the football after a touchdown" point was the lowering of people uninsured.  We have yet to see what the ultimate cost of that will be but my guess is that if one does a cost/benefit analysis, it will seem overtly expensive and perhaps unsustainable.  Nearly all of the economic problems we face could be resolved with more vigorous economic growth.  But when the government becomes too large of a part of the economy, it isnt going to happen as evidenced by a GDP of less than 2% during a long recovery which is about half of what GDP has been for recession recoveries in modern times.  Additionally, since Lyndon Johnson declared "war on poverty", look at the rate when he was in office versus where it is now.  You will see very little difference despite the gazillions of dollars that have been poured into that effort.  From my viewpoint, this article is a little bit like an article that says " LeBron James quadruples his scoring in game 6".  Only problem is, he had 7 points in game 5.  

Yeah, right.  Why should anyone believe you?

10 hours ago, Big girl said:

How many Republicans on this forum have a college degree? What about a high school diploma, or a GED?

I have a high school diploma and went undeclared for four semesters at Lamar. Dropped out due to funding. I'll match wits with folks with college educations anytime, because just like you, their answer to their side of the debate is "yeah, right". Never attack anyone for their education, or lack thereof, because you have no ground on which to stand.