carthage vs gilmer

yeahprobablynot

Im watching the lil bit of the Carthage game vs Gladewater, gonna check out the L-E game later but the Dawgs got some size in the trenches, I liked Ingram RB ever since last year, and they have 3 WRs who can catch the rock. Carthage D is okay, better than Gilmer's I would think. But Gilmer's offense seems to be too potent though. I'll take Gilmer but in a close one. 

2 hours ago, #1stangfan said:

Don't know much about either team except Gilmer has put up some points.  If anyone has any insight, pass it on.

Gilmer is averaging about 60 points per outing and they have a strong resemblance to the playbook of 2014 under Jeff Traylor. They have a new Qb that's short but has a quick release and knows where his receivers will be due to many repetitions during the Summer involving 7on 7 play. They use Screen plays but love to throw the deep ball which has earned them many points! Speed and Repetition is their forte but their Achilles heel is their defense! They lack size on their Defensive line and even though they send the house and try to use their speed to shut down the pass play they leave themselves open for Counters and Draw plays! Not sure in the strength of their secondary but they have been exposed many times in both the running and passing game so they definitely are vulnerable! Overall they will defeat their district and first round opponents because the region is weak this year! I believe that in order to beat them it will take a punch in the jaw, that won't quit and they will fold! Sorry for so much info but it's an honest opinion! 

1 hour ago, ThunderCat said:

Gilmer is averaging about 60 points per outing and they have a strong resemblance to the playbook of 2014 under Jeff Traylor. They have a new Qb that's short but has a quick release and knows where his receivers will be due to many repetitions during the Summer involving 7on 7 play. They use Screen plays but love to throw the deep ball which has earned them many points! Speed and Repetition is their forte but their Achilles heel is their defense! They lack size on their Defensive line and even though they send the house and try to use their speed to shut down the pass play they leave themselves open for Counters and Draw plays! Not sure in the strength of their secondary but they have been exposed many times in both the running and passing game so they definitely are vulnerable! Overall they will defeat their district and first round opponents because the region is weak this year! I believe that in order to beat them it will take a punch in the jaw, that won't quit and they will fold! Sorry for so much info but it's an honest opinion! 

Hopefully everything plays itself out. With dem and w.o . It will b epic. They will give gilmer all they can handle. With gilmer vertical passing game. W.o has to great corners that will b  interesting matchup with there receivers. And the d-line at w.o probably the best set to ever play there. So it wud b interested to c if gilmer cud run the ball against dem.  So hopefully everything plays itself out. 

This one intrigues me a lot. I firmly believe we will be playing WOS in December but our record I feel will have a blemish or two on it. Right now I just don't see anyone in R1 or R2 that will be able to out score us. Carthage and Nacogdoches will be another story however. One thing I do know........the stands will be packed on Saturday night in Carthage and it will be a huge playoff atmosphere for the fans. There is a lot of pride on the line between these to schools to see who stays the king of East Texas 4A. 

Gilmer QB threw for almost 600 yards in his first start against LE. Their O is one of the best in the state...but their D is pretty average imo. 

Some of the Carthage guys say this is one of the best D's Surratt has had. Their O is not bad but appears to still be a work in progress. 

Should be a great game.

14 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

I've always heard that great defense beats great offense so Im taking Carthage. 

Yep, that is what we said in 2000. Opps! Of course, our defense was great, but was hampered by the loss of Pinkins to the cheap shot by Lamarque. No one else could fill his spot at nose guard, anywhere near as well as he could.

2 hours ago, losteraussie said:

This one intrigues me a lot. I firmly believe we will be playing WOS in December but our record I feel will have a blemish or two on it. Right now I just don't see anyone in R1 or R2 that will be able to out score us. Carthage and Nacogdoches will be another story however. One thing I do know........the stands will be packed on Saturday night in Carthage and it will be a huge playoff atmosphere for the fans. There is a lot of pride on the line between these to schools to see who stays the king of East Texas 4A. 

I feel that WOS possibly has the best team they have ever fielded, but, it is anyone's guess what happens in the playoffs. So far, WOS has not even close to have been challenged. They pretty much do whatever they want. I wish I could see the Gilmer/Carthage game! Where is it being played? Is it being broadcast? If so, where?

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

I feel that WOS possibly has the best team they have ever fielded, but, it is anyone's guess what happens in the playoffs. So far, WOS has not even close to have been challenged. They pretty much do whatever they want. I wish I could see the Gilmer/Carthage game! Where is it being played? Is it being broadcast? If so, where?

Personally, I don't thing WOS will be challenged until the semis or the finals if even then. I know it's a long way to the end, but that's a talented group they have down there. And we will all be able to see if it happens...........but who wouldnt love to see 4a's best defense go against one of 4a's most prolific offenses. A game for the ages...........but that's a ways off. We shall see. 

46 minutes ago, losteraussie said:

Personally, I don't thing WOS will be challenged until the semis or the finals if even then. I know it's a long way to the end, but that's a talented group they have down there. And we will all be able to see if it happens...........but who wouldnt love to see 4a's best defense go against one of 4a's most prolific offenses. A game for the ages...........but that's a ways off. We shall see. 

WOS Defense is no slouch! That is for sure. Maybe not as good as the 2000 defense, but almost there! I always worry about the playoffs, because of the "any given Sunday" game. WOS should have won State in 2014, but they jumped to an early and large lead, they got lackadaisical, and first thing you know, they were behind and nothing to turn it around. It can happen at any game, where talent is present.

Wos has out scored 142-0 through 3 games so far. So not only is the D doing its job but so is the O. Averaging 47 ppg. Could be a lot higher but there starters for the most part have only been playing til half time.                                                                            But to the Gilmer vs Carthage game I think it will be a shootout. Team with the less turnovers wins this one

16 hours ago, ThunderCat said:

Mighty tall claims to only be 3 games deep in a season with only 1 slightly impressive win against a team that's been exposed more than once for having a weak passing defense. We will see how this plays out.