carthage vs gilmer

yeahprobablynot

If he is from Gilmer, I don't think he's being realistic at all.  Maybe just talking smack.  Gilmer has a ways to go to be a serious contender.  They have the talent and skill, but just haven't put it all together yet.  Carthage will definitely be the best team they have played thus far this year.  I think Gilmer is also the best team Carthage will have played thus far.

This is an interesting matchup, a big test for both teams.  I don't know who will win, but I do know I will be there.  It oughta be epic!

For those wanting to see the game, KGAS puts all the Carthage games on Youtube within a couple of days after the game.  William Greene puts the highlights on Youtube also, but only keeps them up for a couple of days before he moves them to private.

Not from Gilmer just giving my opinion of their strengths and weaknesses. I have watched them all Summer at 7on 7 and that is why they look so good right now but they have not been challenged like Carthage will. This game will be a thriller but i still feel that they are good enough to win their district. If this upsets you then I apologize but it is only my opinion. Gilmer is ok right now and has a long season ahead. I feel as if they are running the score up to prove themselves or achieve some level of validation and I am not a fan of that type of play. If you look at their videos you will see what I am referring to. If you are from Atlanta, then there is no disrespect but your game against Henderson did not leave me with the gut feeling that you were ready t face Gilmers passing attack. Maybe by then you will be but for now the tape does not show your defense credible. The entire game is on Youtube as well vs Henderson and to those who are curious you can view it for youselves and voice your opinion. All in all, I think they have great team speed and can score quickly but Gilmers defense will be exposed Saturday night. I will be there with bells on. 

What's funny is last year's game everyone thought would be a shootout. It turned into a defensive slobber knocker with big hits from both side. Luckily we came out on top17-14. 

Both fan bases want to win, both schools want to win........but in the end both coaches will be careful not to ruin a season for the good of one game, that in the end doesn't mean very much.

It will be fun, it will be exciting, it will be what Texas High School football is all about. It just won't have anything to do with a trophy that both teams strive for. 

38 minutes ago, ThunderCat said:

Not from Gilmer just giving my opinion of their strengths and weaknesses. I have watched them all Summer at 7on 7 and that is why they look so good right now but they have not been challenged like Carthage will. This game will be a thriller but i still feel that they are good enough to win their district. If this upsets you then I apologize but it is only my opinion. Gilmer is ok right now and has a long season ahead. I feel as if they are running the score up to prove themselves or achieve some level of validation and I am not a fan of that type of play. If you look at their videos you will see what I am referring to. If you are from Atlanta, then there is no disrespect but your game against Henderson did not leave me with the gut feeling that you were ready t face Gilmers passing attack. Maybe by then you will be but for now the tape does not show your defense credible. The entire game is on Youtube as well vs Henderson and to those who are curious you can view it for youselves and voice your opinion. All in all, I think they have great team speed and can score quickly but Gilmers defense will be exposed Saturday night. I will be there with bells on. 

Oh I am sure that we're not ready to face Gilmer right now. You didn't say that Gilmer was good enough to win their district, you said they would win their district. After a 13 year drought to Gilmer, including losing in the Qtr. Finals to them 2 straight years, no opponent can possibly know what Gilmer is capable of more than I. I have also watched Gilmer this season, and I am aware of what their passing game looks like, which is not far from the way it looks every year, consisting of a heavy dose of screens. 

With that being said, Atlanta does need to improve. The Henderson was a very bad showing on several levels, mainly in special teams and offensive line. Do they have the talent to hang with Gilmer? Yes, most definitely. I have to trust that the coaches can get this team in the shape they need to be in, as they did last year when we entered the playoffs with a (6-4) record. 

So I wouldn't give Gilmer the trophy just yet. They may very well win it, but I won't sell my Rabbits out over the blowing the first game of pre-district. I think they are well equipped with enough talent to take on whomever they meet. 

We will certainly find out a little more about this Buckeye team this Saturday night.  Putting all the players in the right places on defense is still a work in progress after the heavy losses to graduation on that side of the ball.  Injuries has slowed that progress a little, but they are getting better.  The keys to the game for Gilmer are getting 3rd and 4th downs stops, and stops in general.  They will likely have to have at least 8 to 10 stops in this one.  The offense will certainly have to set the pace, and try and make it a shootout.  If that happens, I like Gilmer's chances.

Gladewater looks pretty tough this year, too.  That game oughta be interesting.

No offense HellRazor but you dang near mirrored my original comments about Gilmer with a few additions! At the end of the day no offense was meant but you confirmed what I originally stated! Your first showing on defense did not portray that of a team ready for Gilmer! I also stated that you may be ready by then and you said the same! Atlanta is a very talented program! I had them in my top 6 in preseason and still do! This is an early season assessment and will change as the year progresses! Good luck to you sir and those Rabbits! I only wish the best for all the young men that play the game!

12 hours ago, ThunderCat said:

No offense HellRazor but you dang near mirrored my original comments about Gilmer with a few additions! At the end of the day no offense was meant but you confirmed what I originally stated! Your first showing on defense did not portray that of a team ready for Gilmer! I also stated that you may be ready by then and you said the same! Atlanta is a very talented program! I had them in my top 6 in preseason and still do! This is an early season assessment and will change as the year progresses! Good luck to you sir and those Rabbits! I only wish the best for all the young men that play the game!

Thank you sir. We will see how it pans out. Hopefully they get everything ironed out and ready for district. 

1 hour ago, tennisbc said:

Does anyone know if any station will be caring this game?

Carthage games are on KGAS:

This is the hidden content, please

Gilmer games are on stretchinternet:

This is the hidden content, please

I believe the game will also be broadcast on KYKX 105.7

16 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

what is the latest line on this game?  

Carthage has to be the favorite. If I was a betting man .......... and I am.........I would be taking Carthage and giving the points. But since I'm also a fan, I'll be there pulling for my Buckeyes. If we lose, it won't be the beat all end all, but we will find out a lot about our team tonight.