The University of Texas vs. California

UTfanatic

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Sip Media spin.  Gotta love the Sunday morning headlines

ESPN.  "Cal upsets Texas after controversial fumble ruling."  Then it follows with
'No immediate recovery' ruling seals Cal's upset of Longhorns
California escaped with a 50-43 win against No. 11 Texas, but the victory didn't come without controversy.

From cbscports.com
"Cal stuns Texas in controversial finish"
Cal's controversial upset of Texas includes goal line throw away, strange officiating

From foxsports.com
"Texas was robbed in the bizarre ending of its loss at Cal"

I guess these sportswriters didn't realize that controversial call that robbed Texas would have made them lose by 2 TD's.  

I'm a UT fan, but in no way did that play cost them.  Their inability to play defense lost that game.  Hope aTm keeps winning so that there is no need to go after Herman, and UT can get him on the forty acres.

2 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Hmmm...sip propaganda machine at it again, eh?!

Replay refs were Pac 12.  Payback from week 1

The call that hurt worse was the long pass down the sidelines in the 4th quarter on 3rd down.  That wasn't really close and Texas should have gotten a stop.  

Charlie is gonna be fine..Yes it was a lot of questionable calls but wat could he do..an as for the Punt with 2mins left, it was 4th and like 16 on there own 13 if I'm not mistaken..so it wasn't really much you can do with a defense known your going deep.. i don't think it was much he could do there

i think They had a good gameplan but if I'm String I'm not expecting my Secondary to get burned like they did last night,.The offense did okay, but I do think they should open up the route tree more and we see some bunch, or trips with a post or out or something, cause teams are gonna   Catch on quick to us just throwing screens an go's  ...

overall I'm bummed but not mad..I mean yes we have talent but we're still young guys, don't be so upset..l didn't expect Texas to go undefeated, I had us losing 2-3 games this season at best. I do feel we're still in it for the big 12 and a good bowl game...But I do feel our Secondary has taken a step back, and Bedford needs to go back on what he said an play more freshman in the secondary, mainly at Saftey..we need more athletecism, an I would love to see Jones and Elliot..sure they may get beat but shid were getting beat now, is best to let them grow up now and reap the Benefits later, cause right now neither Haines or Hall can get off the hash 

It was 4th and 10... Which begs the question... Why did we throw the ball 3 times there to get in that position? We were getting 7 yds a carry all freakin night. We had plenty of time to walk the ball down the field and score, leave them with no time and take it to OT and hope for the best.

Idk, I'm fixing to drink my sorrows away and cook a sauce picante. That should stop the desire to pull my eyeballs out of my head.

5 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

It was 4th and 10... Which begs the question... Why did we throw the ball 3 times there to get in that position? We were getting 7 yds a carry all freakin night. We had plenty of time to walk the ball down the field and score, leave them with no time and take it to OT and hope for the best.

Idk, I'm fixing to drink my sorrows away and cook a sauce picante. That should stop the desire to pull my eyeballs out of my head.

Yea this is true, but that wasn't Strong, that was all Gilbert..I really believe zstrong was just banking on a T.O when he punted which he got when he dropped the ball. But I'm not mad at the call his hands were tied..You either go for an not get it and give it to them in the red zone or punt cause you know your defense has did good against the run 

15 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I know that's not on Strong... I'm not on team fire Charlie at all. I'm just sick that we lost to Cal two years in a row. 

Yea, I do however believe that even tho he lets his coaches work he should take over Defense before Bedford gets him on the hot seat 

2 hours ago, GCMPats said:

Are you attempting to imply that SEC fans have more class? 

Auburn this weekend was my 5th SEC road trip.  In the SEC I've never had drinks and other things thrown at me, never been cussed like a dog, never been assaulted with goal post etc.... So I guess I am implying that.  

Btw Auburn had the nicest most polite fans of any team I've seen.  I almost felt bad beating them. 

9 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Auburn this weekend was my 5th SEC road trip.  In the SEC I've never had drinks and other things thrown at me, never been cussed like a dog, never been assaulted with goal post etc.... So I guess I am implying that.  

Btw Auburn had the nicest most polite fans of any team I've seen.  I almost felt bad beating them. 

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.