TexasHoops GASO Fall Shootout Sept.10,2016

Mamba

2 minutes ago, Who That said:

I agree with you for last year. But what would a full Silsbee squad do to the team the just played in this game lol  ?

That's my point.   Sometimes when your best players are already playing in a traditional rotation, you don't necessarily get better when you add others and start rotating 12 to 15.  Only 5 at a Ike can get on the court.  And they wanted that game badly today due to a kid being higher ranked and more heavily recruited than them.  Not sure result would be any different tbh.   You might very well be right but not a given IMO. 

12 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Westbury is 6A and the out played us today. Maybe we meet them again in another tourney. Playing 3 full games in a day with a limited bench is tough but the experience is what we're looking for. I don't think anyone in 4A Region 3 can hang. Where was Yates today? 

Westbury Christian is TAPPs 4A (smaller than Silsbee).  But they are private so that helps. 

Fun fact:. I think former Heisman trophy winner and NY Knick Charlie Ward coaches their football team. 

6 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I wouldn't call the tweets I saw this week exactly snack talk. One I saw was " coming to see what you got".  Yes maybe a little smack talk but nothing near what I have seen these days.

I agree - it was "you can't run from me no more, etc".  Not nearly as bad as some.  Not that it made much sense because I don't think there's any running.  I just prefer the radio silence on the other end, followed by a W (which was also the result this summer when Slazinski's team played Adams' team in a long awaited matchup).   

But you're right.  Compared to what we've seen this week, relatively harmless in that respect.  

5 minutes ago, Who That said:

We where up by 27 points in the fourth against a private National and International Recruiting team.... lol.                         Go Silsbee Lite                                                           :)

They are led by 3 sophomores from the City of Houston, State of Texas, Country of America.  Not sure where the national, international thing came from other than in a theoretical sense.  They have a good team but they wouldn't beat Prestonwood in Dallas or even VPrep in Houston IMO.  

I've casually kept a virtual eye on private school teams like WC, Strake Jesuit, St Pius X over the years. There's no substitute for actually attending the games and seeing for yourself.   I might have blended in the national & international from some'n I saw on 30 for 30, lol.  Sometimes the hyperbole gets out of hand.