TexasHoops GASO Fall Shootout Sept.10,2016

Mamba

I just got the opportunity to watch this game online.  Although I couldn't see when players cramped or anything I did notice a time or two when certain players were out for a while.  What I did see was a lack of energy on the most part from my Tigers in the second half.  Giving up way too many wide open shots.  And getting sloppy with the ball as WC turned up the pressure.  If we were just playing for a win, I would have liked to see us eat some time off the clock in that second half on the offensive end.  I am sure during the season when we have an inside presence that will occur but right now the coaches are doing more evaluating than being overly concerned with winning.  I know the players wanted to win and should have with that big lead but it was definitely a learning experience.

On September 13, 2016 at 8:32 AM, BlkMamba24 said:

Nah their communications program is down right now my money would be on 1.Nederland,2.Silsbee,3.Kelly,4.HJ :)

Jokes aside, he's not gonna give up a full ride at a top notch private prep school.  Quin is getting national recognition via AAU summer ball.  I don't know who is recruiting him but it will be a big time program.

58 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Jokes aside, he's not gonna give up a full ride at a top notch private prep school.  Quin is getting national recognition via AAU summer ball.  I don't know who is recruiting him but it will be a big time program.

My guess is Michigan State.  Family ties there and Izzo was a fixture at his games this summer.   He already has offers from everybody in Texas.  Kid can play. 

4 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I've seen that video on twitter. Yeah, he's good. Mich State makes sense. A 6'8" who can put the ball on the floor.  They prolly got some Magic Johnson flash backs going off in their minds.  I don't think he is that good, but you never know.

Saw him play plenty against teams with way more size and talent than he saw in that game or will see any game in high school.   Kid can flat out play.