TexasHoops GASO Fall Shootout Sept.10,2016

Mamba

9 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I've casually kept a virtual eye on private school teams like WC, Strake Jesuit, St Pius X over the years. There's no substitute for actually attending the games and seeing for yourself.   I might have blended in the national & international from some'n I saw on 30 for 30, lol.  Sometimes the hyperbole gets out of hand.

No worries my man.  You got some on here thinking these teams are Oak Hill or Findley Prep!  Lol

7 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I agree but neither you or i can speculate what would happen if they did play i can only speak on what i saw this group do. I do know this if Landyn Tyler does not get quality minutes this year its a shame,he is the most consistent player on the defensive end and makes great plays offensively.  Jumpshot needs some work but overall he's solid. 

He has been impressive when I have seen him this summer.  And know who knows what would happen. I am pretty sure some of the ones today would get a little more rest.  And I am  pretty sure we would probably get a few more rebounds with Barnes and Jomnes in there but  these other players also have strengths that would lose some time on the court as well.  I really look for the team this year to be like last year and accept their roles but it may once again take a bit to find which groups of players play better together.  

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

He has been impressive when I have seen him this summer.  And know who knows what would happen. I am pretty sure some of the ones today would get a little more rest.  And I am  pretty sure we would probably get a few more rebounds with Barnes and Jomnes in there but  these other players also have strengths that would lose some time on the court as well.  I really look for the team this year to be like last year and accept their roles but it may once again take a bit to find which groups of players play better together.  

The biggest issue is getting "meaningful" minutes to the ones who need it.  No matter the depth, some will better than others and should be out there more as a result.  It won't be an issue through district and most of the playoffs though.  Silsbee is just that much better than those opponents.   There will be some great action predistrict and Silsbee may take some lumps there (Fort Bend and San Antonio if the better teams play in that one).  

You bring up a great point about finding which groups play well together.  The issue there, at least in my experience, is that is a fluid concept and can literally change from game to game.  

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Ran out of gas may had to do with this game being the 2nd of back to back for Silsbee.

First off let me say Silsbee played hard every game yesterday. Now They didnt have to play back to back they chose to and a few other teams did too. Cant make excuses when you up 27 running clock. It was a million things they could've done in that second half that would've secured that win. If they weren't going to play some of those kids why bring them. 3-4 minutes of rest wouldve helped them, but they kept jacking up quick shots kept runnijng and of course with no rest they got tired. It's extremely hard to play one way for 32 plus minutes. With somone yelling lets go push it contrary to who was coaching them. WC was cooked but playing one way and not having a half court offense will hurt them. 

That 3-4 minutes of rest will be there when we get our whole team.  And a half court offense has always been an issue for us so we have to play to our strength.  When we get our inside presence after football season, that should improve.  Right now everyone wants to see the win but it's more about trying to establish what you want during the season and getting the conditioning going.  I know the guys played as hard as they could for the win, just don't think the coaches were as focused on that as the rest.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

Especially a factor if the schedule was correct and not only was this our second bac to back and third of the day but it was their first of the day.  

I was there yesterday and cramps played a big role in that second half and coach had no choice but to sub. WC cut that lead down and big Quinn took over the last 1:15 with free throws and put backs. Overall, silsbee needs to get in shape and learn to finish a team off. Great game for both teams !!

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

First off let me say Silsbee played hard every game yesterday. Now They didnt have to play back to back they chose to and a few other teams did too. Cant make excuses when you up 27 running clock. It was a million things they could've done in that second half that would've secured that win. If they weren't going to play some of those kids why bring them. 3-4 minutes of rest wouldve helped them, but they kept jacking up quick shots kept runnijng and of course with no rest they got tired. It's extremely hard to play one way for 32 plus minutes. With somone yelling lets go push it contrary to who was coaching them. WC was cooked but playing one way and not having a half court offense will hurt them. 

Just seeing this post !!! I most definitely agree....

19 minutes ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

I was there yesterday and cramps played a big role in that second half and coach had no choice but to sub. WC cut that lead down and big Quinn took over the last 1:15 with free throws and put backs. Overall, silsbee needs to get in shape and learn to finish a team off. Great game for both teams !!

No choice!!! So are you saying if they held up they shouldnt have subbed? And i was there too. The subbing is what killed them,riding certain players too long every game. Especially on those back to backs was it to win the games or evaluate what you have. 

8 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

No choice!!! So are you saying if they held up they shouldnt have subbed? And i was there too. The subbing is what killed them,riding certain players too long every game. Especially on those back to backs was it to win the games or evaluate what you have. 

I just agreed to your last post. Of course you sub for rest but that didnt happen, "cramps happen" .A half court offense could have sealed the game which silsbee doesn't have right now.

Edited by Silsbeealum14

15 minutes ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

I just agreed to your last post. Of course you sub for rest but that didnt happen, "cramps happen" .A half court offense could have sealed the game which silsbee doesn't have right now.

My bad misread im old lol...who is the tall kid I think he's a freshman,he plays with a lot of energy he just needs to develop.