TexasHoops GASO Fall Shootout Sept.10,2016

Mamba

Most fans have no idea how HARD it is to coach a team that is THAT deep.  Most coaches don't either because they've never had a team that deep.  As we've said, I'd much rather have 8 or 9 that can REALLY play.  Silsbee is well into double digits. 

That said, I love the schedules that Sigler puts together.  They should play some super tough teams in some of those tournaments and have other great games scheduled as well.  Hopefully this keeps them battle tested and gets them ready for the playoffs because they may not even be remotely tested in district.  

50 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Most fans have no idea how HARD it is to coach a team that is THAT deep.  Most coaches don't either because they've never had a team that deep.  As we've said, I'd much rather have 8 or 9 that can REALLY play.  Silsbee is well into double digits. 

That said, I love the schedules that Sigler puts together.  They should play some super tough teams in some of those tournaments and have other great games scheduled as well.  Hopefully this keeps them battle tested and gets them ready for the playoffs because they may not even be remotely tested in district.  

I am predicting 30+ blow outs in every district game.

We ran players 10 deep @ Lincoln for years, well ya'll know the rest.  The only problem that can arise from that is guys not knowing their pecking order. We live in an age now where guys don't know their role. Unsung Heroes always seem to Rise up in the playoffs, the Million dollar question is, can the kid wait for the opportunity? Silsbee has quite a bit of talent and I expect a return to State. I think they can cut down the nets if they don't implode from within. Good luck Tigers

27 minutes ago, Longhorns2014 said:

wc did win the game but devon outplayed quin

I call it a draw....first half Devon played like we all know he can and should on both sides of the ball...Quin wasnt expecting Devin to be all up in him defensively and he was physical with him too...i didnt think Quin played bad in the first half he protected the rim pretty good but Silsbee was scoring from everywhere it didnt matter . 2nd half was a different story Quin asserted himself and began to make plays along with the Cohn kid who for reason kept being left wide open. On one possession he got 4 attenpts at a 3. WC-Charles Smith was on a milk carton...lolll..Yea its just preseason but that felt like a reg season game. I wish they could get it on the schedule in the near future. 

3 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I call it a draw....first half Devon played like we all know he can and should on both sides of the ball...Quin wasnt expecting Devin to be all up in him defensively and he was physical with him too...i didnt think Quin played bad in the first half he protected the rim pretty good but Silsbee was scoring from everywhere it didnt matter . 2nd half was a different story Quin asserted himself and began to make plays along with the Cohn kid who for reason kept being left wide open. On one possession he got 4 attenpts at a 3. WC-Charles Smith was on a milk carton...lolll..Yea its just preseason but that felt like a reg season game. I wish they could get it on the schedule in the near future. 

Exactly what I heard from others who were there.