Jasper at Silsbee

tennisbc

1 hour ago, Bulldog92 said:

Bubba Weathers is one of our best players on both sides of the ball, but he's a heck of a running back. I'm not as tuned in to most of the other guys, but I know there are a few standouts. Hopefully, some other Jasper fans that are actually in the area can give more input. I do my best to keep up, but my information is limited to listening to the games and occasional conversations with one of the radio guys.

Ok, no problem.  I'll learn a great deal about this Jasper team Friday and I'll follow them the rest of the season as well in their district.

On September 3, 2016 at 0:23 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I have seen teams go 0'fer in non-district and win district championships and make deep runs in playoffs.

I have seen teams go undefeated in non-district and then go 0'fer in district and stay home for the playoffs.

2004 Atlanta Rabbits went 0-5 in non district; ended up being 11-5 state champs 

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I know I give Jasper grief for getting those Louisiana schools but I think they take this one. Funny thing is nothing may be wrong with Silsbee coaching, maybe just maybe they're getting beat by better teams at the certain time. ;)

I hadn't been on here in a couple of weeks. I'm shocked to see this thread is at 4 pages - good to see the rivalry is still alive. I think Jasper's defense is better overall than last year. So, I'm interested to see how they match up with Silsbee's offense. I'm thinking this won't be a high scoring game. If it's not, I give the edge to my Bulldogs. However, if it is, I think Silsbee wins. Either way, I'm expecting a close game. And yes Buddy Garrity, you should be giving us a hard time about those Louisiana schools.

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is the hidden content, please

Whats underneath makes a difference. Many people do not know about how good the old Stark field on Green Avenue is. Stark paid a lot of money to have the best field possible. First the field area was built up high, then he had them dig down over 4 ft, and lay down sheet copper. On top of this, rock and sand was added. Then, there were drains added, high and low, that drained to the city sewer system. That field will stay dry in a deluge!