Port Arthur Memorial 34 Houston Westside 27/Game suspended

WOSgrad

I just got a lil rundown on what was going on out there per my big bro and most of it was already stated on here. 

I'll say this if anyone on the squad think games are gonna be handed to em they sadly mistaken. We're 0-0, just glad bye week is here, I think some mental kinks need to be worked out. 

24 minutes ago, Cisqo93 said:

And will say this westside had some big boys on the offense n defensive line .. 

Also elijah Hines is the real deal .. He  has game .. I haven't seen moves like that since jamaal Charles playing days 

Yep! Saw glimpses of it last week. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Ghost, wth happened with the lights? Lol. 

Well you said it, "WEIRD NIGHT." It was actually a weird day ALL day. As far as the game though, I think you said it. Tonight they saw that nothing is is gonna be given to them. Westside did have huge offensive and defensive lines that opened holes and pressured oUr QB. I think PAM still managed though. I think we'regoing to have to have consistency with our WR's. #7 for PAM didn't have the game he had last week, but #2 stepped up this week. #11 had a few catches and has looked better. Defensively, we has TOO much going on (for my taste) pre-snap. The D-line was flipping and switching. Which imo, is a tad too much. Westside slipped the RB out of the backfield which was there bread and butter play. We make adjustments to that play and we'll be ok. 

4 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Well you said it, "WEIRD NIGHT." It was actually a weird day ALL day. As far as the game though, I think you said it. Tonight they saw that nothing is is gonna be given to them. Westside did have huge offensive and defensive lines that opened holes and pressured oUr QB. I think PAM still managed though. I think we'regoing to have to have consistency with our WR's. #7 for PAM didn't have the game he had last week, but #2 stepped up this week. #11 had a few catches and has looked better. Defensively, we has TOO much going on (for my taste) pre-snap. The D-line was flipping and switching. Which imo, is a tad too much. Westside slipped the RB out of the backfield which was there bread and butter play. We make adjustments to that play and we'll be ok. 

Just looking at some other 5A scores of teams in our region and region 4 along with across the state I haven't seen this type of night before week-3 since I lived out West.

And yeah in bold I've seen that same dance before by us last yr in the first home game. The lights IMO saved them tonight as far as scoreboard. Glad we have 2 weeks to get ready for the real season. This needs to be our last "off night"…… 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just looking at some other 5A scores of teams in our region and region 4 along with across the state I haven't seen this type of night before week-3 since I lived out West.

And yeah in bold I've seen that same dance before by us last yr in the first home game. The lights IMO saved them tonight as far as scoreboard. Glad we have 2 weeks to get ready for the real season. This needs to be our last "off night"…… 

Don't get me wrong Westside hung tough, but to me (JMO) they started showing signs of "wearing down." As I and someone else stated they had some big lines. From what I've seen (in my own scouting) they probably willhave the biggest lines that we'll see until the 2nd or 3rd of PO's. 

I do not like our special team play at all!!! Again this kicker and the punter do not put enough air under the kicks and punts. I have to see the kicker put it in the end zone. Return men are getting the ball at the 25 and 30 almost as fast as a pass and having good returns. Hines had some madden like runs and that kid is fast!!!  Angell was beating all the db's on the first two passes for long td's. Kary showed out last night and put an end to the swing pass that went for long yardage/ scoring. AND LET'S WEAR ONE SOLID COLOR UNIFORM...LOOKED LIKE A DAMN SCRIMMAGE!!!

5 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I do not like our special team play at all!!! Again this kicker and the punter do not put enough air under the kicks and punts. I have to see the kicker put it in the end zone. Return men are getting the ball at the 25 and 30 almost as fast as a pass and having good returns. Hines had some madden like runs and that kid is fast!!!  Angell was beating all the db's on the first two passes for long td's. Kary showed out last night and put an end to the swing pass that went for long yardage/ scoring. AND LET'S WEAR ONE SOLID COLOR UNIFORM...LOOKED LIKE A DAMN SCRIMMAGE!!!

It doesn't look like that's going to happen. Look at it this way, we haven't lost in the mixed uniforms. 

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

I told you bout the uniforms lol 

This is the story I was just told about the light situation at Memorial. The lights are set on a timer, they shut off at 10:30pm. Game was taking too long and it would have been another 30-40 minutes to get lights back on.

If it's set on a timer, someone should have had the forethought to by pass so the lights would not have gone off since the game was running long.

Ball dropped on this one.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is the story I was just told about the light situation at Memorial. The lights are set on a timer, they shut off at 10:30pm. Game was taking too long and it would have been another 30-40 minutes to get lights back on.

If it's set on a timer, someone should have had the forethought to by pass so the lights would not have gone off since the game was running long.

Its Musco lighting, and can be operated remotely. With that said, lights are normally turned on manually. Regardless,its human error. Know for a fact the lights werent tested this week b4 the game.....Thats a no-no.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Someone gave you the info AAW. Like outanup stated it's musco lighting. The problem is/was that the lights weren't tested not the "timer." The game did take a long time however the first set of lights went out just after 10. (I want to say 10:14-ish)  

5 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Is it a coincidence that BG said he was on his way there then not even 5 minutes later the lights go out... I think he had something to do with it lol

Buddy was pretty disappointed in the way Dayton was playing against Ned; PAM's performance was just icing on the cake. BOOM BOOM, out go the lights!

26 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Buddy was pretty disappointed in the way Dayton was playing against Ned; PAM's performance was just icing on the cake. BOOM BOOM, out go the lights!

I have no idea who we are as a team honestly, I know what we could be and seen glimpses of it. Thats all I got lol. Full game coming up versus Bye week. :)