Orangefield @ Kirbyville

kcat-fan

Going into last night's games, I would have favored Kirbyville in a competitive game.  I still think it will be a good one, but not as sure now. I'm not down on the Wildcats because Newton, like most years, has a really good squad.  OF may be better than I anticipated though (or Buna is really, really down).  

We played a very sloppy game last night but still stiffened up for the better part of 3 qtrs and stood toe to toe with Newton despite giving up turnover after turnover after turnover. Newton had the better team overall but they made some mistakes too and if we had played a little less sloppy football, the door was opened for us. As far as Orangefield, they have played us very close each of the last 2 yrs and now look better than even then. Combine that with Kirbyville needing to work out some kinks and tbh, this could go either way if we don't do what I know we can do. I say Kirbyville by a TD, but we can't be caught sleeping.

1 hour ago, WildcatBacker said:

We played a very sloppy game last night but still stiffened up for the better part of 3 qtrs and stood toe to toe with Newton despite giving up turnover after turnover after turnover. Newton had the better team overall but they made some mistakes too and if we had played a little less sloppy football, the door was opened for us. As far as Orangefield, they have played us very close each of the last 2 yrs and now look better than even then. Combine that with Kirbyville needing to work out some kinks and tbh, this could go either way if we don't do what I know we can do. I say Kirbyville by a TD, but we can't be caught sleeping.

Don't forget to mention Newton had 3 TDs called back because of penalties.  That door wasn't so wide open. A good defense causes turnovers.  Kats will be fine. I like the QB choice and Ty can fly.. pulling for you guys to get it togeather and make another deep run in the playoffs. The Bob Cats are a scrappy team and focus on ball control.  If the Kats can make points when they get the ball Kats can win. It's always a dull game with Orangefield because of their type of offense.  Kirbyville takes this one. 

8 minutes ago, Cactus said:

Don't forget to mention Newton had 3 TDs called back because of penalties.  That door wasn't so wide open. A good defense causes turnovers.  Kats will be fine. I like the QB choice and Ty can fly.. pulling for you guys to get it togeather and make another deep run in the playoffs. The Bob Cats are a scrappy team and focus on ball control.  If the Kats can make points when they get the ball Kats can win. It's always a dull game with Orangefield because of their type of offense.  Kirbyville takes this one. 

Yea see I've always had an issue with this "X number of TD's were called back.." thing that people like to point out. I know what you mean, and I get it, but you have to look at 2 very crucial things first...1.Did they end up scoring on those drives anyway? (because obviously if they did, then they didnt really lose any 'extra' TD's) and 2.There's most likely a very good reason it was called back, and that infraction was why they scored the TD to begin with. 

3 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Don't kid yourself that game was never in question last night it was physically dominated by Newton in all phases of the game. It was never in doubt who was going to win. Some BS penalties that brought 3 TDS back is the only reason we won by 4 tds and not 7.

17 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:
18 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

You can't stand toe to toe with a team and lose 27-0...

Sure you can. For the better part of 3qtrs.....we did. We played horrible, sloppy, pathetic football and still kept Newton from scoring for most of the game after falling behind 20-0 quickly. That's standing toe to toe. If we had cleaned things up on our end on offense, this could have been a lot closer game on the scoreboard. But, we didn't so we lost. That's the breaks.

6 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

Don't kid yourself that game was never in question last night it was physically dominated by Newton in all phases of the game. It was never in doubt who was going to win. Some BS penalties that brought 3 TDS back is the only reason we won by 4 tds and not 7.

Lol.. BS penalties...I like that. Sorry the refs rooked you like that. Fact is you won by 4tds. The other 3 might never have happened so don't even consider them. You wanna hear something pretty cool though? 4tds is way more than enough. The better team won. But we found some flaws and exposed them in the last 3qtrs. Our offense could never get going and yall's defense was a big part of why. You should really be thankful this game didn't happen till now. We play this game each of the last 2 yrs like everybody wanted and Newton would be 1-2 in that 3 yr series.

20 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

Lol.. BS penalties...I like that. Sorry the refs rooked you like that. Fact is you won by 4tds. The other 3 might never have happened so don't even consider them. You wanna hear something pretty cool though? 4tds is way more than enough. The better team won. But we found some flaws and exposed them in the last 3qtrs. Our offense could never get going and yall's defense was a big part of why. You should really be thankful this game didn't happen till now. We play this game each of the last 2 yrs like everybody wanted and Newton would be 1-2 in that 3 yr series.

Yeah flaws ok right right. Go watch the film the sloppy field was the only flaw few slips that saved yall bad footing where there was holes for the backs to run through it was a total domination in all 3 phases of the game 

Kirbyville's O line better learn to block this week or it will be a repeat of the Newton game. As big of a wildcat fan as there is the Newton game was never a question of who but a question of how much. Orangefield 's Nickel and dime you offense is a ball control eat up the clock offense. If Kirbyville can get out and get up a couple scores orangefield will have a hard time coming back. 

I agree with the fact the game was never in question Newton from the first offensive play whooped our butt and we looked like ......... well anyway I hope we learn to block and learn some kind of discipline like the reverse tore us up wow nobody stayed home. If we keep playing like that we will not win a single game, so I agree Newton won that game with no problem at all.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:16 PM, EaglesFootball said:

I'm not even about to say Newton didn't just give Kirbyville a sure enough down home butt whippin', however those 3 BS penalties they were called back were all legitimate calls. Kirbyville shot themselves in the foot on 2 of Newtons offensive scoring drives by committing meaningless penalties on third down when they had the stop, So I guess its just how honest your being with yourself on the reality of the game. Reality is Newton was the better team Friday night as I expected and as they should've been (considering nearly returning the entire team and honestly should've won the state championship last year). Kirbyville lost a lot from last season and are a relatively young football team that with a little experience with coach neece and his staff pushing them will be scary to play against. I fully expect Kirbyville to have it together by district play and compete for a district title (they have improved every week since the first time they took the field this season). I expect Newton to continue to improve also and win their district and make a nice playoff run if not go all the way.

1 hour ago, Speedkills said:

I'm not even about to say Newton didn't just give Kirbyville a sure enough down home butt whippin', however those 3 BS penalties they were called back were all legitimate calls. Kirbyville shot themselves in the foot on 2 of Newtons offensive scoring drives by committing meaningless penalties on third down when they had the stop, So I guess its just how honest your being with yourself on the reality of the game. Reality is Newton was the better team Friday night as I expected and as they should've been (considering nearly returning the entire team and honestly should've won the state championship last year). Kirbyville lost a lot from last season and are a relatively young football team that with a little experience with coach neece and his staff pushing them will be scary to play against. I fully expect Kirbyville to have it together by district play and compete for a district title (they have improved every week since the first time they took the field this season). I expect Newton to continue to improve also and win their district and make a nice playoff run if not go all the way.

Thank you. You saw what I saw. Kirbyville was beaten. No doubt. No argument. Nobody saying any different. But, if you look at what Newton returned vs what Kirbyville lost...this should have been a 60-0 type game with Kirbyville not giving ANY opposition. But it simply wasn't like that. We have life in this team. The ingredients are there for us to still have a very good run and I'm taking that away from this loss instead of dwelling on it simply being a loss. There were moments, several of them, when Kirbyville threatened. Not to take the game, but to score...to compete...on that drive, at that moment. But by all accounts, we weren't supposed to. We were supposed to come in and get run all over by the starters that were supposed to be pulled 5 mins into the game. But...like I said...it didn't turn out that way. We showed we could be stronger than most everybody expected and that's something to build on. 

Wondering if this weather will hold out.  A muddy field may slow down the Wildcats, Bobcat defense will be tested even with a soggy field at minimal.  How they do on Friday might indicate some abilities for the games week 3 and week 6.  Bobcats offense will be tested this time, I never saw a school (Buna) that ran a 4/4 on the Wing-T... Buna picked the wrong  defense for this offense.  I don't think Kville will be using a 4/4 on OF this week..... Though I hope so.  OF by 3 with a winning 45+ yard field goal by the iron leg Rainey kid.

13 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

Wondering if this weather will hold out.  A muddy field may slow down the Wildcats, Bobcat defense will be tested even with a soggy field at minimal.  How they do on Friday might indicate some abilities for the games week 3 and week 6.  Bobcats offense will be tested this time, I never saw a school (Buna) that ran a 4/4 on the Wing-T... Buna picked the wrong  defense for this offense.  I don't think Kville will be using a 4/4 on OF this week..... Though I hope so.  OF by 3 with a winning 45+ yard field goal by the iron leg Rainey kid.

It will be a close game I believe the team that is more disciplined will win.