Goose Creek Memorial at Port Arthur Memorial/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

That's sad. What the heck is going on over there? 

We will be fine. Not too worried about them yet.

Seeing an athletic team like PAM will be an excellent measuring stick and provide lots of coaching opportunities. 

6A will be tough. Just do not have the numbers necessary to match up with some teams. It's just how it is.

We will show up every week and see what happens.

Beat Tomball Memorial!

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

If Nederland beats PAM and wins District, after this example of the power of the Titans, looks like Crosby won't make it to far in the playoffs.

Honestly from what I was told off here by a few Nerdland fans that have been watching that program for years: Nerdland better worry about just making the playoffs this year. 

IMO thats not a good sign, I haven't heard that kinda talk since the year they had to beat LCM just to make the playoffs damn near 10 years ago. 

33 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

good to see gcm is as usual horrible lol, PAM did exactly as they were supposed to do beat em down

GCM is 6A, they were supposed to beat us down per some folks thinking on this site from what I've seen.

(Not you in particular, they know who they are) 

Oh but they did beat that super team from Spurlock Road two years in a row. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about GCM after this scrimmage but it's still just a scrimmage. We were missing a few starters but so was PAM. The difference is we don't have the depth to overcome that. My biggest concern is the Patriots don't look like they're ready for opening day yet. Way too many penalties and the passing game is not clicking. The defense needs to find some speed on the corners and take better angles to contain speedier teams like PAM. This is why we have scrimmage though. I'm sure Coach Jones and staff will make the necessary adjustments and we'll see a better team next Friday. We still have a move in from Channelview that hasn't seen the field yet that should make a big impact. I'm looking forward to see how they use him.

On August 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM, GCMPats said:

The Beasts of No Nation.

Everybody's Homecoming.

I feel you GCM.  Watching Vidor for years, we saw every homecoming queen in the area get crowned. H-ll some would have homecoming for a scrimmage.