Over-reactive thoughts on your scrimmage…

25 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i think what the poster meant and i agree, WE all know a scrimmage doesn't "count". however, anytime you compete and have "scoring plays", it's a win and loss situation to the players. that helps boost them up. now i will say this applies  imo when playing a simulated game scrimmage. in a traditional scrimmage you score on "6th down" or "10 th" down, you really can't count that lol

I get what you are saying and I'm not saying that as a player you can't feel good about your performance in a scrimmage.  Heck, if a team performs well in a scrimmage, I don't blame a fan for feeling good about their team.  However, for their fans to ring up wins and losses and point to the result strictly as a point of community pride or superiority is just a tad silly.

Take, for example, my beloved Mustangs.  I have heard here and elsewhere how good WO-S looked in their scrimmage and some media outlets went as far as giving a score for the scrimmage.  And yeah, I feel good that Jack looked sharp and the D played well, but what I am feel best about is that no major injuries have occurred.  What will the focus be on tomorrow at practice?  Why Jack and KJ couldn't connect on the goal line and the resulting interception, which if in done in actual game conditions, would have been a pick 6 for PN-G, the continuing problem with the Mustang kicking game. the breakdown that allowed PN-G to score from over 30 yards out. Why?  Because this is what the scrimmages are meant for.

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I get what you are saying and I'm not saying that as a player you can't feel good about your performance in a scrimmage.  Heck, if a team performs well in a scrimmage, I don't blame a fan for feeling good about their team.  However, for their fans to ring up wins and losses and point to the result strictly as a point of community pride or superiority is just a tad silly.

Take, for example, my beloved Mustangs.  I have heard here and elsewhere how good WO-S looked in their scrimmage and some media outlets went as far as giving a score for the scrimmage.  And yeah, I feel good that Jack looked sharp and the D played well, but what I am feel best about is that no major injuries have occurred.  What will the focus be on tomorrow at practice?  Why Jack and KJ couldn't connect on the goal line and the resulting interception, which if in done in actual game conditions, would have been a pick 6 for PN-G, the continuing problem with the Mustang kicking game. the breakdown that allowed PN-G to score from over 30 yards out. Why?  Because this is what the scrimmages are meant for.

Great questions!  Timing was off wen jack over threw kj.nd it would have went for 6. Ref blew it dead as soon as he caught it.kicking game will get better.but one of the linebacker inexperience showed on the td run. Went for the bootleg action but it was draw in his gap. ND the safeties had to learn to break on the ball.it !!