Baylor Releases 5

CougarCal

22 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

Hudson - most likely

Martin - Hmmmmm not sure

I can see Martin going to UT, his childhood team. Hudson IMO will be an aggy. Sure would like to see Hudson in an Arkansas uniform but highly doubt that'll happen. Cobb is an unknown, I would say back to Blow-U but he did decommit from them. The other twin should end up with his bro at UT. 

Martin to Texas. Childhood dream. Seems like most realistic option.

Hudson to Texas, but A&M is a possibility, although Texas seems to be putting more effort into it at this point. 

Cobb to OU, although Texas will make a big push to get him as well. 

Do. Duvernay to Texas with his twin brother. 

Texas has a chance to get alot better in the next week or two. Their 2016 class was already great, but getting 4/5 of these guys would push it over the edge. Especially considering there are two of the top-10 players in the state in this group of 5 (Devin Duvernay and Patrick Hudson); one of which has already committed to the Longhorns. 

2 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

So which kids at UT, or wherever,  lose their scholarship when these kids make the switch. This late in the game,  nobody is keeping scholarship spots open. 

Texas has 83 occupied, including Devin Duvernay who will enroll in a couple weeks. 85 is the maximum. They would have to clear two spots. Lowest man on the totem poll goes. 

3 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

So which kids at UT, or wherever,  lose their scholarship when these kids make the switch. This late in the game,  nobody is keeping scholarship spots open. 

They always have open scholarships. Kids transfer, do not qualify academically, etc...

It's like a hotel saying they are booked. They always have a few rooms available.

1 hour ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

They did not play in a game, so their eligibility has not been used for the 2016 football season. 

The moment they enroll as a full time student at that university, they use a year of eligibility. That's why many of them did not enroll this summer as most D1 schools now require- to halt that clock.

If they enroll and do not participate in a game, they are eligible to red-shirt. (5 years to play 4 rule)

4 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Texas has 83 occupied, including Devin Duvernay who will enroll in a couple weeks. 85 is the maximum. They would have to clear two spots. Lowest man on the totem poll goes. 

I hope you are correct.  I hope they informed #83, 84 85 when they signed their paperwork that their spot was only good if somebody better doesn't come along before we start school in the Fall.

4 hours ago, GCMPats said:

They always have open scholarships. Kids transfer, do not qualify academically, etc...

It's like a hotel saying they are booked. They always have a few rooms available.

I beg to differ.  There have been too many documented cases where offers were pulled right before NLI day because the school had "over-committed" on the number of scholarships offered.