Lumberton Field

9 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

It does seem like those yard lines keep getting deeper and deeper every week of the season. They collect a lot of water during heavy rain. 

Watched Evadale scrimmage a 3A school last year.  Nice stadium, but the chalked yard lines looked like a two lane FM road they were so crooked :) 

5 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Question, I heard putting wood chips as a first layer under the turf will decrease the heat on the field by 50%.  I heard this was not done on Lumberton's field. The same person told me they measured the temp on the field at 130 degrees. 

Is there any truth to this?

This is the hidden content, please

Some stuff about it in here. 

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...so Nederland does what LC-M does...  Water the field before a fast opponent comes in the building...  So now, it's this and the secret spring practice and game...

Back in 99 SFA had a scrimmage there, lets just say it wasn't rain that caused the slips and splashes that evening cause it was cloudy, dry and hot. We were wondering wth was going on with both teams. 

1 minute ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Who?  The Titans?  Don't worry, we will spread some dirt on the field and wet it down real good before we play Memorial.

No, the person who is inquiring about the field. We been had turf and been playing opponents on it for years, no big deal our way, we thank yall for it, hate grass. :)