10 4A D1 Predictions

4 hours ago, theNeed4Speed said:

I can see Top 4 being real tough in this district and also sweeping their first round opponents respectively.

If I had to put them in order, I'd go

1) Silsbee/Nav

2) Silsbee/ Nav

3) Bridge City

4) Huffman

You do know what district they face 1st round right? 

21 minutes ago, RattlerBlue said:

LOL @ most of you underestimating the Rattlers. A run heavy team will not beat Navasota. Silsbee better play better defense than they did against Carthage, as does the Rattlers. Navasota's defense will be pretty solid.

Watch and see....

I do not think people are underestimating the Rattlers.

Silsbee & Navasota will definitely be the teams to beat.

You are correct in that Silsbee will have to get better on defense.

Silsbee is loaded on the offensive side.

Hard pressed to find a better backfield in 4A as well as receivers.

1 minute ago, LCM17 said:

You counting Navasota out? Them rattlers have a lot tradition. I'd give them a few rounds 

after watching them in the playoffs the last couple years and losing the head hancho, I give them 2-3 years before the become a force again. loads of talent over there but I just think its going to take some time after losing the BIG 3.

5 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

after watching them in the playoffs the last couple years and losing the head hancho, I give them 2-3 years before the become a force again. loads of talent over there but I just think its going to take some time after losing the BIG 3.

Hmm, take a look at Navasota's record over the last 7-8 years. Navasota reloads not rebuild. Navasota will be fine. The JV went 10-0 last season playing some really solid teams.. Some of the HISD teams didn't field a JV team which meant that the JV played the likes of The Woodlands, Georgetown, and a couple others.

6 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

I do not think people are underestimating the Rattlers.

Silsbee & Navasota will definitely be the teams to beat.

You are correct in that Silsbee will have to get better on defense.

Silsbee is loaded on the offensive side.

Hard pressed to find a better backfield in 4A as well as receivers.

When you predict a power program like Navasota to come in 2nd and 3rd place, you are underestimating the team.

2 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

Good point. I always pull for our district in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, RattlerBlue said:

Correct. Most of the same coaching staff is still in place. Goodman has been there since the beginning.

I hear you. that's why I say it wont take long. I'm already keeping you 1st or 2nd in district seeding.

But I can't for the life of me grant you permission past the 1st round over my District 9. Esp not this year. They all reloaded (top 3)

2 minutes ago, theNeed4Speed said:

I hear you. that's why I say it wont take long. I'm already keeping you 1st or 2nd in district seeding.

But I can't for the life of me grant you permission past the 1st round over my District 9. Esp not this year. They all reloaded (top 3)

It doesn't matter if a young La Vega team is anywhere close to being as good as they were last year.

I'm not predicting a run at a state championship but I don't see Navasota not winning their new district.