Muhammad Ali

PhatMack19

On June 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM, stevenash said:

Person # 1 " I don't believe that women have any rights, and I think gays should be hanged"

Person # 2 ( liberal)Wow, what a complete primitive a$$hole you are.  You must be a Republican

Person # 1  No, actually, I'm a Muslim and those are my religious beliefs

Person # 2 ( liberal)  Oh, I'm sorry!  I apologize!  I hope you don't think I'm Islamophobic

Person # 3  (Marine from Lumberton)  Both of you sleep well tonight.   I'll be on that wall protecting you.

On 6/9/2016 at 4:57 PM, Dick Vitale said:

He didn't run anywhere...he STOOD for what he believed in.

You can split hairs all you want....when a person shuns, avoids, runs from (literally), fails to live up to, etc, they are "running" from their responsibilities.........and in doing so, it's very UN-American.

I noticed Louisville recognized his widow at the game yesterday, the players had "Ali" on the sides of their cap......I never cheered so loud when UCSB hit the walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th to send the #2 team in the land packing........Cassius Clay was a loud mouth muslim draft dodger....nothing more!

As far as "standing" for what he believed in......so are the pedophiles ... doesn't make them "good" people.

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 at 3:59 PM, REBgp said:

First of all, if you can read and comprehend, and I've found few liberals who can. I was answering a query posed by PhatMack19.  He ask, how do the older people see him?  Hero or draft dodger"?  I responded with how I perceived what he did as draft dodging (he d-man sure wasn't a hero).  And added, he was only one of many.   A conscientious objector was someone who's religion forbade him from taking a life.  Ali had no problem fighting a war, only fighting it for the Christian country in which he lived.  Like most Muslims he was a scumbag.

Also, the remainder of my post was a compliment to the man.  I was being gracious.   And what gives you the right to jump on my butt?   Are you aware that this forum has rules about using words in all capitals?

The war was started by Democrat Lyndon Johnson, who won election by saying, "I'm not sending American boys 10,000 miles to fight an Asian boys war" and when elected, did just that.

What good reason?  It was the law!  Are you of the opinion that laws apply to everyone but blacks?  Hundreds of thousand black, white, brown, red, and yellow young men fought in that war.  I had six friends that died in Vietnam Nam.  What gave him the right to NOT go in the military?  

Did he dodge the draft? He didn't hide or move to Canada or Mexico. He merely stated that he wasn't going. Isn't there a difference?

Edited by Big girl

27 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Did he dodge the draft? He didn't hide or move to Canada or Mexico. He merely stated that he wasn't going. Isn't there a difference?

NO, NEAUX, NOT, NADDA, UH-UH, NOPE, NAY, NAH, NO WAY, NEGATIVE, and any other word that means he did not, refused. didn't go, dodged, the draft........which all translates to LOSER along with all the others that shunned their responsibilities to this GREAT nation.

5 minutes ago, CraigS said:

NO, NEAUX, NOT, NADDA, UH-UH, NOPE, NAY, NAH, NO WAY, NEGATIVE, and any other word that means he did not, refused. didn't go, dodged, the draft........which all translates to LOSER along with all the others that shunned their responsibilities to this GREAT nation.

Tell you what...I am having a get together Thursday in Beaumont with some friends...They would love to hear your views in person about Muhammad Ali....Loser? Wow, thats possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard about the Champ, but hey, look at where its coming from....what do ya say? You don't have to be so strong willed over the internet...Share your thoughts with us.... 

There are plenty "losers" that are great athletes, even rich....but you aren't capable of understanding that i see.....and why would I want to surround myself with such people...please share!

I don't hide behind anything....just not a punk that makes threats due to opinions...you crack me up.

6 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Tell you what...I am having a get together Thursday in Beaumont with some friends...They would love to hear your views in person about Muhammad Ali....Loser? Wow, thats possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard about the Champ, but hey, look at where its coming from....what do ya say? You don't have to be so strong willed over the internet...Share your thoughts with us.... 

You meant to say Cassius Clay, right?

1 minute ago, Dick Vitale said:

NO. His name was Muhammad Ali....I will be happy to explain it to you face to face....

No need...Cassius was a trader to his family as well...I would NEVER change my family name, to proud of my father and what he did for me, taught me, etc.

1 minute ago, CraigS said:

No need...Cassius was a trader to his family as well...I would NEVER change my family name, to proud of my father and what he did for me, taught me, etc.

What you don't understand is that Clay is not REALLY his family name.  It's some white man's name that was GIVEN to his family..So he fixed it.