Heard In passing: Dems talking about sexual immorality.

5GallonBucket

There was a voting area where I work on May 24th in Jefferson County.  Run off between Democrats Zena Stephens and Joe Stevenson.  In that area there was representatives of both parties along with others (supervising the voting machines).  I overheard there conversation about TV shows/hollywood and how the increase of gay relations on TV has gotten ridiculous.  Basically the gist of it....they were complaining about it and don't understand why/how it has gotten that way.

Now given that most Dems always vote dem and most REP always vote rep.  

I know that politicians don't have much of a say on what is put on the TV screen, but they do have a say in laws and the reason they have that ability is because people vote for them. 

So how can they complain/don't understand when most of them voted for the individuals who have allowed/enabled a societal change?

It is so simple to me I am baffled by it.....

19 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

There was a voting area where I work on May 24th in Jefferson County.  Run off between Democrats Zena Stephens and Joe Stevenson.  In that area there was representatives of both parties along with others (supervising the voting machines).  I overheard there conversation about TV shows/hollywood and how the increase of gay relations on TV has gotten ridiculous.  Basically the gist of it....they were complaining about it and don't understand why/how it has gotten that way.

Now given that most Dems always vote dem and most REP always vote rep.  

I know that politicians don't have much of a say on what is put on the TV screen, but they do have a say in laws and the reason they have that ability is because people vote for them. 

So how can they complain/don't understand when most of them voted for the individuals who have allowed/enabled a societal change?

I think this guy does a good job explaining it from the side of democratic congressman, there is a musical part and then it shows him talking, right at one minute in..

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

.......So how can they complain/don't understand when most of them voted for the individuals who have allowed/enabled a societal change?

How do politician "allow" society changes? Can they stop it?

9 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

i would think voting yea or nay on a SCOTUS nomination.  And then, only in rare instances.  And Obama's Royal Decree on bathrooms/locker rooms, which I think is illegal.  Once again, I fall back on my disclaimer that Matlock never had a case like that, so I'm not sure :) 

5 hours ago, tvc184 said:

A bit surprised of your questions given your law enforcement background.  Do we not have laws now that deal with gay/transgender issues....  those laws came about by politicians   house, senate, potus, scotus  

changes in laws or the creation of new ones have enabled such movements

12 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

A bit surprised of your questions given your law enforcement background.  Do we not have laws now that deal with gay/transgender issues....  those laws came about by politicians   house, senate, potus, scotus  

I do not know any laws that I deal with that has anything to do with those issues. 

On 5/26/2016 at 2:13 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

The equal rights laws started years ago, to allow blacks to use the restroom and other facilities