Brett Sawyer hired as new Baytown Sterling HC!

HookEm88

Anyone have any information about who is up to be interviewed at Sterling? I'm fairly positive the process started today and will go through tomorrow...I heard Coach Williams is in the running as well as Don Price from C.E. King (formerly of Barbers Hill). Also heard about a coach from HISD but not sure who. Anyone heard anything about Joe Berezoski? I know he was rumored as well...

You are right the process started today they will interview 8-12 Thursday and Friday. with a second interview for finalist next week and should be announced by May 23. Joe Berezoski is not in the running. The only person to put his name out there is you hookem88 in a earlier thread. Also didnt Berezoski Graduate from UT in the 80'S? Strange coincidence you are the only one to put that name out there huh?????

Man this may be the job to go get. You've had some kind of "situation" that led to a Head Coach being reassigned, and now they have already interviewed and I cant find any info on it. They pay good, and apparently no one will be all up in your crawl because no one is even talking about it. 

I agree, I hear the coaches still there have been strong at the middle schools and keeping the culture upbeat. I was mainly wanting to see who all applied, but I cant find a list anywhere. It's like the job information has been blacklisted.

On 5/13/2016 at 9:23 PM, Loyal Ranger said:

You are right the process started today they will interview 8-12 Thursday and Friday. with a second interview for finalist next week and should be announced by May 23. Joe Berezoski is not in the running. The only person to put his name out there is you hookem88 in a earlier thread. Also didnt Berezoski Graduate from UT in the 80'S? Strange coincidence you are the only one to put that name out there huh?????

Coach Bear coached me in HS. I also went to UT, hence the HookEm. It's irresponsible for you to imply what you are implying, and above all incorrect. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Indians said:

Kevin Flanigin is the Head Football Coach for Beaumont WestBrook. If this is true, congratulations and good luck Coach Flanigin!

Is the "Beaumont coach" a head coach or an assistant?  Remember that a member of Coach Flanigan's staff, Larry Haynes, has a load of head coaching experience.  Could Haynes actually be the "Beaumont coach?"

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:43 AM, GCMPats said:

Talent pool at King is running out. 

You must not have seen them play on the underclass levels? They have a qb/rb combo that will be at least as good or better than Brantley(Tulane) and Williams(A&M). King's talent pool is growing just like all the other schools that are currently in our district except for maybe Dayton. They're doing a lot of upgrades at the school but Sheldon ISD will just eventually need another high school once the Liberty subdivisions are finished and they'll also see enrollment increases as Generation Park is being completed. The kids in that whole area north of 90 between CE King prkwy dang near to John Ralston are trying to go to King now.

I believe Flannigan still does live in Crosby. The problem with GCCISD trying to get a good head coach is that they don't pay very much starting out, I believe the guy that took the Lee job started around $80k and Gerari was something similar. Hard to attract quality coaches around this area if you're going to pay Beaumont ISD salaries.  

4 hours ago, HookEm88 said:

Gareri made 98,000 as reported by Baytown sun. I can look it back up if needed but when all this started that was reported. GCCISD pays their coaches and teachers great, and sterlings a facilities are pretty nice plus great kids. There are a lot of positives to this job for the right person.

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You must not have seen them play on the underclass levels? They have a qb/rb combo that will be at least as good or better than Brantley(Tulane) and Williams(A&M). King's talent pool is growing just like all the other schools that are currently in our district except for maybe Dayton. They're doing a lot of upgrades at the school but Sheldon ISD will just eventually need another high school once the Liberty subdivisions are finished and they'll also see enrollment increases as Generation Park is being completed. The kids in that whole area north of 90 between CE King prkwy dang near to John Ralston are trying to go to King now.

I believe Flannigan still does live in Crosby. The problem with GCCISD trying to get a good head coach is that they don't pay very much starting out, I believe the guy that took the Lee job started around $80k and Gerari was something similar. Hard to attract quality coaches around this area if you're going to pay Beaumont ISD salaries.  

No way Jose, GCCISD is one of the highest paying jobs in the area and has been since the 80's. The teachers pay is way way higher according to the websites' salary schedules and the lowest paid head coach in the district is making 98k. So is there a list that will tell us which Beaumont coach it is, Haynes or Flanigan.

23 hours ago, Loyal Ranger said:

According to the Baytown sun 45 people applied for the job. About twelve were interviewed last Thursday and Friday. With head coach being announced Monday the 23rd. This is a great job to have with awesome kids. They work hard and have stuck together despite all this going on.

Did the SUN put out a list or just # of applicants

9 minutes ago, HIGHpoint96 said:

Did the SUN put out a list or just # of applicants

10 minutes ago, HIGHpoint96 said:

No way Jose, GCCISD is one of the highest paying jobs in the area and has been since the 80's. The teachers pay is way way higher according to the websites' salary schedules and the lowest paid head coach in the district is making 98k. So is there a list that will tell us which Beaumont coach it is, Haynes or Flanigan.

Man thats what I was saying this job is like a CIA blacksite or Zero Dark Thirty. Surely they mean Flanigan when they say Beaumont coach huh? I never even thought of Coach Haynes, I figured either it would be Flanigan or Toby. Sure would be nice to know for sure.........

14 hours ago, Loyal Ranger said:

Gareri made 98,000 as reported by Baytown sun. I can look it back up if needed but when all this started that was reported. GCCISD pays their coaches and teachers great, and sterlings a facilities are pretty nice plus great kids. There are a lot of positives to this job for the right person.

I know you didn't say Sterling has nice facilities. I haven't been to a school in that district that has nice facilities. Stallworth is a relic and I've witnessed many a kid go down via the turf monster there.

Toby was offered a job, took it, then decided against it.

Suggs left/is leaving Ozen. 

Flanigan may or may not be the "Beaumont Coach" in this scenario.

Sure speaks to the 'sterling' reputation of BISD. *Sorry - I just couldn't help myself!