Brett Sawyer hired as new Baytown Sterling HC!

HookEm88

I know you didn't say Sterling has nice facilities. I haven't been to a school in that district that has nice facilities. Stallworth is a relic and I've witnessed many a kid go down via the turf monster there. -

Stallworth is getting new turf, and Sterling's weight room/field house is a lot better than some of the other field houses I have been in. Its not the best in the state or anything but its for sure not the worst.

9 minutes ago, Loyal Ranger said:

I know you didn't say Sterling has nice facilities. I haven't been to a school in that district that has nice facilities. Stallworth is a relic and I've witnessed many a kid go down via the turf monster there. -

Stallworth is getting new turf, and Sterling's weight room/field house is a lot better than some of the other field houses I have been in. Its not the best in the state or anything but its for sure not the worst.

So, if Stallworth were a chick you were trying to pick up, you'd say ol Stally is a solid 4 or 5?

15 hours ago, Loyal Ranger said:

Gareri made 98,000 as reported by Baytown sun. I can look it back up if needed but when all this started that was reported. GCCISD pays their coaches and teachers great, and sterlings a facilities are pretty nice plus great kids. There are a lot of positives to this job for the right person.

Well, he made more than the position was offered for at GCM. Starting salary for a GCCISD head football coach was a little over $79k last year, whic is why I remember the Lee guy that came from Texas City starting at $80k. Maybe the teachers are paid great but when you can go to the SW side of Houston or north to Montgomery County, not be expected to win, and still start at 6 figures, GCCISD and their lack of talent becomes a hard sell to sought after coaches. 

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, he made more than the position was offered for at GCM. Starting salary for a GCCISD head football coach was a little over $79k last year, whic is why I remember the Lee guy that came from Texas City starting at $80k. Maybe the teachers are paid great but when you can go to the SW side of Houston or north to Montgomery County, not be expected to win, and still start at 6 figures, GCCISD and their lack of talent becomes a hard sell to sought after coaches. 

Whoever gets that Sterling job will be inheriting one of the best young running backs in the area. I believe you know who I'm talking about.

2 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Whoever gets that Sterling job will be inheriting one of the best young running backs in the area. I believe you know who I'm talking about.

That's definitely the truth. Question is will he be used like Craig Williams was as a sophomore last year, 89 carries for 985 yards, or will he be given a heavy workload as a sophomore due to the lack of players around him. I think Calvin can be a lot like Craig, but I would also say that if Craig played at Sterling he would be run into the ground and probably wouldn't be the #3 APB in the country right now. Sort of like D'Onta Allen's improvement once he left GCM for Crosby and was given a role instead of a load.   

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That pay is a range based on experience. And if they hire a guy they really like they will even offer more than the scale listed. So unless they hire a coach who has only been in education for 5 years, which isnt the case, they are paying well over 90k. GCCISD pays really well man. Wasnt the guy they just reassigned making 100k+. They pay WAAAAAY better than BISD, otherwise why would a coach leave when he has more talent and just beat Sterling, and Beaumont is in a far easier district than Sterling, assuming it's Flanigan and not Toby since no one apparently knows who applied. 

36 minutes ago, HIGHpoint96 said:

That pay is a range based on experience. So unless they hire a coach who has only been in education for 5 years, which isnt the case, they are paying well over 90k. GCCISD pays really well man. Wasnt the guy they just reassigned making 100k+. They pay WAAAAAY better than BISD, otherwise why would a coach leave when he has more talent and just beat Sterling, and Beaumont is in a far easier district than Sterling, assuming it's Flanigan and not Toby since no one apparently knows who applied. 

I guess Lee's coach has been in education less than 5 years because he started at $80k, I don't know their raise structure though so who knows what he makes now. When Sedberry was at Lee he applied for the Central job so I would imagine it was a raise for him to leave GCCISD and go to Central at the time. If it is Flannigan it would make sense because he's been a coach for a long time and could probably negotiate a higher salary. I know BISD started Foreman and Suggs around $80k so if Flannigan isn't making much more than that it's understandable for him to apply for a potential raise closer to home.

Westbrook isn't in a far easier district either. North Shore and Atascosita are tough and will finish 1-2, but the rest of the district is mediocre to sub-par for the 6A level. Westbrook, The Woodlands, Lufkin and Montgomery are pretty solid for the top half of a 6A district.  

19 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I guess Lee's coach has been in education less than 5 years because he started at $80k, I don't know their raise structure though so who knows what he makes now. When Sedberry was at Lee he applied for the Central job so I would imagine it was a raise for him to leave GCCISD and go to Central at the time. If it is Flannigan it would make sense because he's been a coach for a long time and could probably negotiate a higher salary. I know BISD started Foreman and Suggs around $80k so if Flannigan isn't making much more than that it's understandable for him to apply for a potential raise closer to home.

Westbrook isn't in a far easier district either. North Shore and Atascosita are tough and will finish 1-2, but the rest of the district is mediocre to sub-par for the 6A level. Westbrook, The Woodlands, Lufkin and Montgomery are pretty solid for the top half of a 6A district.  

No way man. Not even close, Lufkin was 5-6 in 5A last year if i'm not mistaken. It just sounds scary to say Lufkin they've fallen off, Montgomery is losing like 17 starters, and the rest are not very good. Woodlands is the only team West Brook should lose to. Sterling is gonna have to battle to beat Kingwood they will have to battle to beat Summer Creek and there is 0 chance against North Shore and Atascocita. You cant make a case for West Brook struggling with 4 different teams in that district.

19 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I just hopped on google and found a list of every 5A-3A head coach in the state from 2011. Now lets all agree they probably pay more now than 6 years ago. The lowest paid head coach in GCCISD in 2011 made 88,900. the highest was at 94k. So even 6 years ago it was a considerable raise from BISD. Now Who is getting the current job thats open, any word on a front runner or who even applied. Why is it so hard to get info. 

18 minutes ago, JG1834 said:

I just hopped on google and found a list of every 5A-3A head coach in the state from 2011. Now lets all agree they probably pay more now than 6 years ago. The lowest paid head coach in GCCISD in 2011 made 88,900. the highest was at 94k. So even 6 years ago it was a considerable raise from BISD. Now Who is getting the current job thats open, any word on a front runner or who even applied. Why is it so hard to get info. 

rumor is that williams, flannigan and a unknown coach from dallas area were called back for second interview on Tuesday. Those three are front runners. its hard to get info because they got this on lock down lol

29 minutes ago, Loyal Ranger said:

rumor is that williams, flannigan and a unknown coach from dallas area were called back for second interview on Tuesday. Those three are front runners. its hard to get info because they got this on lock down lol

Thanks my man. I like Flanigan for the job. He coached my little brother at crosby, always said he was a hard worker and good dude, and hes had success at a few spots already. West Brook hasn't been ideal, but I dont know if i'd blame him for that. 

It will  be announced at the 5pm Board Meeting Tonight on who the new coach is. ......

I just received a call from a friend of Brett Sawyer that advised that he just got off the phone with him and Sawyer is pending Board Approval for the job.  Welcome to Baytown Sterling Coach Sawyer

Edited by rangersfan4
updated infor

Well, now all Sterling has to do is find a kid like Tyler Herrick that got Sawyer the job and they'll be just fine. Kid annihilated Crosby in the regional final a couple years ago and almost won it by himself. I think he threw for over 3,000 yards and ran for another 1,000. He really put Hutto on the map since they made the move to 5A. Here's the kid that I would say was the catalyst for him getting the job.

Tyler Herrick(QB), signed with Pennsylvania -