Jones and Barnes

Bmt_4now

This Footballs version of Baseballs summer-ball...scouts are attending and with the current rule changes about the use of satellite camps...7 on 7 becomes that much more important. Boys if you want to get seen and get a jump on recruitment and FOOTBALL s your gig...than I would get on it!

23 hours ago, IT'S IN THE BONE said:

This Footballs version of Baseballs summer-ball...scouts are attending and with the current rule changes about the use of satellite camps...7 on 7 becomes that much more important. Boys if you want to get seen and get a jump on recruitment and FOOTBALL s your gig...than I would get on it!

Except for the fact that 7 on 7 isn't football at all. Baseball and Basketball AAU circuits are pretty representative of what the game will look like on the next level, but in 7 on 7, you can easily be deceived.

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

Except for the fact that 7 on 7 isn't football at all. Baseball and Basketball AAU circuits are pretty representative of what the game will look like on the next level, but in 7 on 7, you can easily be deceived.

I would disagree with you on Basketball AAU being representative.

53 minutes ago, IT'S IN THE BONE said:

7 on 7 shows skill...speed...orientation. Scouts use it as a pumping on or off point. If they shine than they graduate to actual observation during game condition if the don't well it's a big see ya. 7 on 7 is becoming the prerequisite for scouts IMO

You know this how?

2 hours ago, WTB said:

You know this how?

7 on 7 shows skill...speed...orientation. Scouts use it as a pumping on or off point. If they shine than they graduate to actual observation during game condition if the don't well it's a big see ya. 7 on 7 is becoming the prerequisite for scouts IMO

IMO...that means In My Opinion...opinions are just that and not necessarily supported by any one fact...It is a subjective statement. I guess it just seemed logical and at the same time I have heard others who have spent more time around it. Seems that several talented ball players have gotten attention from such events and then have gone to be more deeply scouted. 

20 hours ago, setxguru said:

S . entral in 7 on 7 Tourney last year at Legacy. WOS, Ozen, West Brook, and Kountze were also there, but those two played for the tourney championship and the Tigers won. It was on Ch 6 that night. 

Dont Recall WOS having a 7 on 7 last year. I know CT dont Like 7 on 7, saying its Soft Football.. 

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:30 AM, wosfan1992 said:

Yeah I heard they performed pretty well. Other guys I heard represented the 409 well on that exact same team were Chris Winters (LCM DB) and Jarron Morris (WOS DB). Nice combination with them all on the same team.

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:30 AM, wosfan1992 said:

Yeah I heard they performed pretty well. Other guys I heard represented the 409 well on that exact same team were Chris Winters (LCM DB) and Jarron Morris (WOS DB). Nice combination with them all on the same team.

The Team these kids or playing on is call the Louisiana Blaze (Tx & LA Kids)  KJ plays on the Team, but haven't played a game yet.(Thumb injury). Jones, Barnes and Winters played there 1st games with them last week.... Once all the kids get a few practices in with each other. I feel this 7 on 7 Team going to be REALLY SALTY with abunch of Talent to showcase.

On 4/26/2016 at 3:38 PM, IT'S IN THE BONE said:

IMO...that means In My Opinion...opinions are just that and not necessarily supported by any one fact...It is a subjective statement. I guess it just seemed logical and at the same time I have heard others who have spent more time around it. Seems that several talented ball players have gotten attention from such events and then have gone to be more deeply scouted. 

Figured it was your opinion bc it is wrong. College Coaches dont care about 7 on 7. Only people who do are the rating services. 7 on 7 main use is for developing players in a teams passing game. 

On 5/3/2016 at 9:18 AM, WTB said:

coachingsearch.com/article?a=David-Shaw-I-will-never-have-a-recruiting-conversation-with-a-7on7-coach

From an actual college coach not a rating service.

Well that's him but I know for a fact that when this same 7on7 team played in a tournament in Louisiana a certain SEC coach was there....So some college coaches do look at it