Baylor signee Grayland Arnold

Capone

1 minute ago, wosfan1992 said:

FAT he ran a 10.8 at area. Read it on some website. The 10.3 was handtime. Still impressive 

This is a good lesson on how inaccurate handtimes can be... If you use the standard conversion (round to nearest tenth and add .24), it puts him at a 10.64, which is still way off from 10.8.

That being said, 10.8 is flat out flying in my book. 

2 minutes ago, dayton said:

This is a good lesson on how inaccurate handtimes can be... If you use the standard conversion (round to nearest tenth and add .24), it puts him at a 10.64, which is still way off from 10.8.

That being said, 10.8 is flat out flying in my book. 

10.8 is especially impressive considering that top-end speed is not what makes Grayland "elite".  I'll take Grayland's speed, quickness, change of direction, etc on a football field over a 10.2 track star any day.  

40 minutes ago, bradyb said:

A lot of hate towards the young man. He ran what he ran.... Congrats and keep pushing young fella! 10.34 is blazing!! I believe he got 1st in the area track meet? He can't help that it wasn't FAT... 

There has been no hate towards him. The kid is a burner on the track and a stud on the football field.

Plain and simple... a 10.34 hand time isn't a 10.34. Just like all the hand timed 4.3 40yd dashes in HS football aren't legit either. Folks that care about track and accurate results are gonna call out results that aren't legit every single time. 

10 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Why would anybody host an Area meet and not have FAT times?

Does not make sense, especially since there are Wild Card spots in the state meet up for grabs.

they've got to go to regionals before state. The regional sites will be FAT.