Spring Football

TradenupBH

16 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I'm friends with some KP coaches. They are in same boat as us with very young QB's. BH team is small, and not very fast, but if we can execute, then we will be a playoff team. I think BH is going surprise folks.

1. Crosby

2. BH/Dayton

3. NC/KP

I'll be called a BH hater for saying this but I'm really just repeating what you said: No QB, small, not very fast, and could be a playoff team.  I just think that's too many negatives for football.

13 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

So is it bad that we're the best area team? I kinda like it to be honest. 

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

It's not bad that ya'll are the best team in our district, but it's bad to bad mouth other teams. Talking smack is one thing, but degrade other teams is an issue. Certain Crosby posters have did that the last couple of years.

Gotcha. I'll try not to bad mouth anyone. 

I do think Crosby is the team to beat again next year and think a team or two ppl are high on will disappoint. I'll try to be honest about that without bad mouthing anyone. 

I would say I think Crosby gets bad mouthed in equal amounts so...

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If you build it they will come, ask New Caney ISD. BH folks just gotta be patient and not mettle into the coaches biz. 

Honestly I think they will be, unless he come out there in that wing 1940's O like the last guy.  That spread will generate some excitement, just gotta get the Jimmy's and Joes to run it.

I see it being:

1) Crosby

2-3) Dayton / KPark

4) Humble or New Caney or BH

I always think Humble is about to have a breakout year and they never do.

Was 2015 NC the start of a program or a one time gathering of talented kids.

Barbers Hill would be a playoff sleeper to me. Perhaps the new coach can work magic but I'm afraid we might see why that Gage offense was good for the Hill. Shorten the game, keep it close, run something ppl aren't used to stopping. I think Westerberg is an amazing coach. He'll get the most out of his kids. I just need to see something from them that makes me think they can compete with 21-5A. I'm not saying they can't. I've just seen nothing to this point that gives me confidence that they will be in the top 4. 

Although I do have Crosby as the solid 1 seed, there are question marks in Code Red too.  I have them as the solid favorite but a 2nd or 3rd place finish is possible if new starters don't come through  

Good luck to all. I hope everyone stays healthy and we have a great and exciting season. 

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Honestly I think they will be, unless he come out there in that wing 1940's O like the last guy.  That spread will generate some excitement, just gotta get the Jimmy's and Joes to run it.

No Jimmy's and Jo's - See Jermaine's and Javon's

Thanks.

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

I'll be called a BH hater for saying this but I'm really just repeating what you said: No QB, small, not very fast, and could be a playoff team.  I just think that's too many negatives for football.

I didn't say no QB, I said young QB's. The starter as of right now is a kid that I think moved in from Deer Park last year and will be a Junior. He didnt play lasst year. Backup is a kid that can sling it also, but will only be a Sophmore and placed 2nd hurdles in distict in varsity track as a freshman. WR position has some kids that can run with Langilier and a couple of others. We don't have huge beefy guys on the line. RB position has Sophmore to be Spencer Long who will be running over Senior defenders this year. I'm telling you, don't count us out yet. In a couple of years, we will be pretty salty, but I think we will compete this year.

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just go to Louisiana and recruit a QB from the New Orleans area, im sure one or both of the parents would like a job at the refinery around there. 

We have kid that transferred from Sulphur at WR. He's going to be a Sophmore next year. 6'3" or 6'4". Shhh, Let BH stay under the radar. We are going surprise folks. It may hurt having Crosby week 3 because with us being so young, I think we need half a season to get going, but we shall see.

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

We have kid that transferred from Sulphur at WR. He's going to be a Sophmore next year. 6'3" or 6'4". Shhh, Let BH stay under the radar. We are going surprise folks. It may hurt having Crosby week 3 because with us being so young, I think we need half a season to get going, but we shall see.

Its always players from Louisiana that make their way to our area, its a common thing now apparently with the refinery work and all. 

15 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Very skillfully hinged your bets. Well done. 

17 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Its always players from Louisiana that make their way to our area, its a common thing now apparently with the refinery work and all. 

same way WOS use to get players.

sir your son is heck of an athlete and we just happen to have a opening at dupont if you move into WOS school district.......

On May 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM, TradenupBH said:

10 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Very skillfully hinged your bets. Well done. 

7 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I'm giving Crosby props because I know they're good, but anything can happen. Quit reading too much into the comment. Wow

My apologies. Good luck to you except vs Crosby. I do have to hope you don't get in to the playoffs as that would likely push us in to D1. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2016 at 6:01 PM, JustUs said:

West Brook varsity spring game@ 4:30 today was cut short due to inclimate weather(lightning). However WB looked like WB huge O-line abundance of players(Varsity) Approx.(70). Offense appeared to be ahead of the defense.

Congrats to their 7on7 squad. Qualified today up in Lufkin. 

On May 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Very true, they're actually the 17th most talented school in the nation since 2000. Off the top of my head I can't even think of one D1 prospect BH has even had in that period, I'm sure there's at least one though? Mix that with the fact that in his time at Allen Westeberg never coached a qb that didn't end up in the SEC or what is currently the Big 12 before Seth Green signed with Minnesota this year. While they're in different classes most of the time, those SEC and Big 12 qbs were being protected by at least four D1 offensive linemen too. Then they had at least two D1 receivers to throw to at all times, even had NFL backs like Jonathan Williams to had off to. What some people don't realize is that when you play in a semifinal and title games and you literally have TWICE the enrollment as your opponent, you have major built-in advantages that do not exist at BH.

This is the hidden content, please

Even more reason to ask,

where are the championships?

Gene' pool has certainly helped alot of schools along w/few xfers,huge list every year of coaching opportunities elsewhere doesn't always mean they had a good measure of speed,size,talent which to work with,smh in Texas lately more coaching jobs available than hire on's for Exxon-Mobil Baytown Tx.Peeps have gotten way to comfortable w/just making the playoffs nowadays.Few are already buying playoff shirts for 2016,smh w/o playing 1 game:)

1 hour ago, liltex said:

Gene' pool has certainly helped alot of schools along w/few xfers,huge list every year of coaching opportunities elsewhere doesn't always mean they had a good measure of speed,size,talent which to work with,smh in Texas lately more coaching jobs available than hire on's for Exxon-Mobil Baytown Tx.Peeps have gotten way to comfortable w/just making the playoffs nowadays.Few are already buying playoff shirts for 2016,smh w/o playing 1 game:)

+1

I am tired of hearing people say "hopefully we can win a couple district games and squeeze into the playoffs". When did that become the standard and accepted ? There are quite a few people on here and elsewhere that I have talked to that say "BH will not be very competitive or it's going to take a while....I'm telling you now, they are about to buy wins. They've got a tradition over there that trends upward and like the field of dreams "If you build it, they will come" and they will. He (Westerburg) will see to it that they come and when they do, everybody else needs to grab pen and paper and make note. Money is not in short supply on the ant mound and things are about to take a big turn over west of the Trinity river.  Was at a playoff game last year and seen about 20 kids (ages 10-14) for NC and buddy and I looked at each other and said -welp, future is bright in NC. feel sorry for the splendoras and caney creeks and porters of the world. Dayton, Crosby, bH, KP are all making steps in right direction but y'all keep a close eye on BH.....