New DC for Lumberton?

Raiders94

No it doesn't. You are required by law to post it . 

And my point wasn't that he had someone for sure. They said he just took the job so there wouldn't be a candidate yet. My point was that he would have been thinking about what he was going to do and talking to potential DC's long before it was "offical"

11 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

No it doesn't. You are required by law to post it . 

And my point wasn't that he had someone for sure. They said he just took the job so there wouldn't be a candidate yet. My point was that he would have been thinking about what he was going to do and talking to potential DC's long before it was "offical"

you can always get around it.  

2 hours ago, Raiders94 said:

I think so. I heard that all together 6 or 7 coaches were leaving, but that is not fact.

Don't know the actual number but I've heard that number includes coaches who were "non-renewed" recently, a girls basketball coach and 1 or 2 other non-football coaches.  I believe Lumberton athletics will be just fine.  Still have a lot of great coaches and Coach Babin will continue to bring in quality coaches to replace the ones that are leaving.  

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Ouch, so Babin is running them off with hard work?

Isn't Paine a Lumberton grad?

I won't speculate as to why "some" of the coaches are leaving but I will make a couple of observations.  First, some of these coaches were here before Babin arrived. Second, before Babin arrived, we had an AD and HFC who would never try to outwork anyone.  His style was to try and outsmart the opponent and to not even prepare or perform when you were the underdog.  If you want proof of this, just compare the scores from 2 years ago to last year.  2 years ago, we lost to Bmt Central 68-7 on a slow turf in Lumberton.  Under Babin this past season, we lost 27-20 on a last second, hail mary pass on fast turf at the Butch.  We were still smaller and slower than Central so how does that happen?  There is only one way that happens and it's called Hard Work!  And hard work, day after day is not for everyone (coaches and players).  We may not win every game, but under Babin's leadership, the Raiders will never be outworked and our opponents will know they were in a fight at the end of the night.  

15 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I won't speculate as to why "some" of the coaches are leaving but I will make a couple of observations.  First, some of these coaches were here before Babin arrived. Second, before Babin arrived, we had an AD and HFC who would never try to outwork anyone.  His style was to try and outsmart the opponent and to not even prepare or perform when you were the underdog.  If you want proof of this, just compare the scores from 2 years ago to last year.  2 years ago, we lost to Bmt Central 68-7 on a slow turf in Lumberton.  Under Babin this past season, we lost 27-20 on a last second, hail mary pass on fast turf at the Butch.  We were still smaller and slower than Central so how does that happen?  There is only one way that happens and it's called Hard Work!  And hard work, day after day is not for everyone (coaches and players).  We may not win every game, but under Babin's leadership, the Raiders will never be outworked and our opponents will know they were in a fight at the end of the night.  

Sounds like a recipe for success, now and for the future. Is it ok to outsmart and outwork the other team though?

27 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Sounds like a recipe for success, now and for the future. Is it ok to outsmart and outwork the other team though?

Absolutely!  I believe that is what you see at schools like Nederland and WOS.  You'll have a hard time outworking either or those schools and they have the coaches in LN and CT to outsmart you. 

24 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I will agree, those are without a doubt the two best coaches in SETX. 

Both of those guys are great coaches, but they've also had years and years to establish programs filled with kids that grew up in their system. 

I think we'll be including Dubois in that conversation in five or six years. 

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Its always easy to speculate on why/who leaves.  Be assured Babin doesn't have a great record the last 1,2,3 years and Dubois is fairly new too as HCs  

to say Larry and his group were lazy - well that's CRAZY Larrys been doing it a long time. 

Additionally, no way you can compare these 2 fairly new HC in Dubois and Babin to Neauman, Cornell, etc...

Not to say they may develop into a Thompson. Neauman, Hooks, etc...  not enough time on the job yet.

I do like the Cards though with their OL returning and always the HCs son a Qb is hard to beat.  Lumberton does great at the little kid level they just drop off in Jr high and HS.  No tradition or established program in place. IMO