Good Ole Port Neches

PhatMack19

Well, one of the few things I remember from the excellent education offered to me (which, like a bad sponge, I absorbed very little) was the words, cause and effect.  When something out of the ordinary happens, I wonder what caused it.  That said, I've wondered how Nederland has beaten PNG for six straight years in football (think that number is correct).   Then I see this thread.  Aha, maybe some insight.  Alas, I can't find any correlation between the link and the losses.  

PS:  Bobcat1, no need to move this topic to the Football thread :)

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

And Groves made the laziest town list...Don't mind us in MC..lol

These "list" that "they" come up with are so much bs.  I'm older than water.  I was born in Vidor and lived there 65 years until we moved to Evadale to be close to G'kids.   In my youth, I saw a few Klan rallies, but never personally knew anyone in the Klan.  After returning from a few years in the army, getting married and raising my family, all that was gone.  About 15 years later, I Subscribed to Texas Monthly.  Issue came out with cover, The Most Hate Filled Town in Texas - Vidor.  I was livid.  Read distorted article and looked at the many pictures.  Of all those pictures of klansmen, not a single one was from Vidor.  I had Never been ask to join the klan nor received any literature on it in 65 years.   Cancelled my subscription.   

The real irony of this story, my daughter, who had never seen anything related to the Klan, married and after several years, moved to a new home in another Beaumont suburb.  Within the first month a leaflet was left on her front porch trying to get them to join the Klan.  I can only guess if "list", like the one on Groves, Pt Neches, and Vidor, had been around a hundred years ago, most would have ended up in the outhouse for a more practical use than the info.  

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

These "list" that "they" come up with are so much bs.  I'm older than water.  I was born in Vidor and lived there 65 years until we moved to Evadale to be close to G'kids.   In my youth, I saw a few Klan rallies, but never personally knew anyone in the Klan.  After returning from a few years in the army, getting married and raising my family, all that was gone.  About 15 years later, I Subscribed to Texas Monthly.  Issue came out with cover, The Most Hate Filled Town in Texas - Vidor.  I was livid.  Read distorted article and looked at the many pictures.  Of all those pictures of klansmen, not a single one was from Vidor.  I had Never been ask to join the klan nor received any literature on it in 65 years.   Cancelled my subscription.   

The real irony of this story, my daughter, who had never seen anything related to the Klan, married and after several years, moved to a new home in another Beaumont suburb.  Within the first month a leaflet was left on her front porch trying to get them to join the Klan.  I can only guess if "list", like the one on Groves, Pt Neches, and Vidor, had been around a hundred years ago, most would have ended up in the outhouse for a more practical use than the info.  

In my experience, Vidor has some of the friendliest people in this area. I've chatted with Pirate fans on many occasions at FB games. Once you get a label, its hard to shake off. I preach this to my kids all the time on a personal level. 

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

In my experience, Vidor has some of the friendliest people in this area. I've chatted with Pirate fans on many occasions at FB games. Once you get a label, its hard to shake off. I preach this to my kids all the time on a personal level. 

Thank you.  I followed the Indians to the Astrodome several years during the Coach Ethridge era.   I remember back then they were known as The University of PNG, because of the success on the football field :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:05 AM, REBgp said:

Well, one of the few things I remember from the excellent education offered to me (which, like a bad sponge, I absorbed very little) was the words, cause and effect.  When something out of the ordinary happens, I wonder what caused it.  That said, I've wondered how Nederland has beaten PNG for six straight years in football (think that number is correct).   Then I see this thread.  Aha, maybe some insight.  Alas, I can't find any correlation between the link and the losses.

PS:  Bobcat1, no need to move this topic to the Football thread :)

I moved it from Football to the Locker room.

1 hour ago, gohornets23 said:

Everybody knows its the super conservative people that have the most to hide. I find comfort in knowing that all over the town of PN there are "church ladies" walking around with their judging eyes that have a secret drawer of sinful freaky stuff

What a sad, pathetic post.  Personally, I think this intrusion (making this info public, regardless of how accurate it may, or may not be) into peoples personal lives is an invasion of privacy.   And for you to find it "comforting" says a lot about you, and none of it good.  

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

What a sad, pathetic post.  Personally, I think this intrusion (making this info public, regardless of how accurate it may, or may not be) into peoples personal lives is an invasion of privacy.   And for you to find it "comforting" says a lot about you, and none of it good.  

Invasion of whose privacy? The entire town of Port Neches? I mean if they published names I could see that being a problem, but otherwise who cares. And yes, the idea is quite comforting, seeing as how I believe people should feel free to make themselves as happy as they want to be in this world, the only problem is that there are so many who have been brainwashed into being ashamed of completely human desire, they feel the need to lead a double life. Usually its those people who are the hardest on everybody else for their personal lives, kinda like how the most severely anti-gay people are typically deep down attracted to the same sex and lead horrible shame filled lives unnecessarily, 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2016 at 2:53 PM, gohornets23 said:

Invasion of whose privacy? The entire town of Port Neches? I mean if they published names I could see that being a problem, but otherwise who cares. And yes, the idea is quite comforting, seeing as how I believe people should feel free to make themselves as happy as they want to be in this world, the only problem is that there are so many who have been brainwashed into being ashamed of completely human desire, they feel the need to lead a double life. Usually its those people who are the hardest on everybody else for their personal lives, kinda like how the most severely anti-gay people are typically deep down attracted to the same sex and lead horrible shame filled lives unnecessarily, 

Do not judge others by your own desires.

On 4/25/2016 at 11:00 AM, gohornets23 said:

Everybody knows its the super conservative people that have the most to hide. I find comfort in knowing that all over the town of PN there are "church ladies" walking around with their judging eyes that have a secret drawer of sinful freaky stuff

If they are married,  then there is nothing "sinful" about freaky stuff...the key part of you're comment is "secret" which is where ones sex life, desires, and preferences should remain..unlike the LGBT who want to flaunt it and shove it into the public arena for attention.

2 hours ago, CraigS said:

Do not judge others by your own desires.

If they are married,  then there is nothing "sinful" about freaky stuff...the key part of you're comment is "secret" which is where ones sex life, desires, and preferences should remain..unlike the LGBT who want to flaunt it and shove it into the public arena for attention.

so don't hold hands or kiss your wife in public, homosexuals find it disgusting, keep your weird hetero fetishes secret, stop throwing it in the face of the rest of world

38 minutes ago, gohornets23 said:

so don't hold hands or kiss your wife in public, homosexuals find it disgusting, keep your weird hetero fetishes secret, stop throwing it in the face of the rest of world

lmao - I noticed you ignored the first part. Speaks volumns for your concerns......