Center vs Navasota

32 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The Houston Chronicle has Ke'ron Baker as Navasota's best player averaging 25ppg. Has anyone seen Navasota play this year?

Yes, I watched them eliminate Hardin Jefferson last week.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

So how do they matchup with my Tigers, if we face each other.

They will play right into the hands of what I have been telling everybody NOT to do. But, when you have coaches that do not know another style, nor players that are capable of switching to that type of game, then what do you expect. That's the nature of the beast, especially 5a level and below.

There's not a team in the state at any level in my opinion that wants to "RUN" with Silsbee. They are a different animal from anything I have seen in regards to playing 94 feet, uptempo, in your face, manipulating the pace, creating havoc. Navasota has a few athletes and are decent - moving the ball around, finding open guys and getting transition points.

HJ got into foul trouble early against Navasota. Forced Davis to make some moves to the bench that created a bit of mismatch in some areas, but that's the card he was dealt. Absolutely worst officiated game I had seen all year.

So, two things: If Navasota wants to run and they will - trust me.....they don't know another method, which will hurt them and possibly hurt them bad.

And the other, Silsbee will not have to hit the 3 ball - and MUST attack the basket and get points in the paint. This is a team that they will need to crash the boards against. Second chance points and getting to the free throw line will also prove to be big in this game.

Honestly, I feel like Silsbee will win by 20 plus.

47 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

They will play right into the hands of what I have been telling everybody NOT to do. But, when you have coaches that do not know another style, nor players that are capable of switching to that type of game, then what do you expect. That's the nature of the beast, especially 5a level and below.

There's not a team in the state at any level in my opinion that wants to "RUN" with Silsbee. They are a different animal from anything I have seen in regards to playing 94 feet, uptempo, in your face, manipulating the pace, creating havoc. Navasota has a few athletes and are decent - moving the ball around, finding open guys and getting transition points.

HJ got into foul trouble early against Navasota. Forced Davis to make some moves to the bench that created a bit of mismatch in some areas, but that's the card he was dealt. Absolutely worst officiated game I had seen all year.

So, two things: If Navasota wants to run and they will - trust me.....they don't know another method, which will hurt them and possibly hurt them bad.

And the other, Silsbee will not have to hit the 3 ball - and MUST attack the basket and get points in the paint. This is a team that they will need to crash the boards against. Second chance points and getting to the free throw line will also prove to be big in this game.

I hope you are right.

2 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

Navasota can slow the tempo if needed.  Ala Wheatley.  

Also Silsbee is good enough to force you to run. HJ didnt press in either game and were very succesful for 6 of the 8 quarters against Silsbee. Problem is they are so good at some point they will force you to run because you don't have enough gaurds to stay patient on the press. It's like it happens and you never knew it. 

2 hours ago, Drango1 said:

Also Silsbee is good enough to force you to run. HJ didnt press in either game and were very succesful for 6 of the 8 quarters against Silsbee. Problem is they are so good at some point they will force you to run because you don't have enough gaurds to stay patient on the press. It's like it happens and you never knew it. 

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... Let's play the game on the court... First thing first, Hudson and Center then we can talk about what Silsbee can do. I am not going to take anything away from Silsbee, but they have 4 losses on the season. Granted, they loss to some very good teams, but they aren't invisible.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... Let's play the game on the court... First thing first, Hudson and Center then we can talk about what Silsbee can do. I am not going to take anything away from Silsbee, but they have 5 losses on the season. Granted, they loss to some very good teams, but they aren't invisible.

You are correct...Navasota will be able to see them slightly as they blur right by them