Today is Appeals Day at UIL

AggiesAreWe

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

Historically, Lumberton doesn't have a winning record against any team in the current 22-5a with the exceptions of Lee and Livingston, so what he said is not a big stretch especially with PAM joining .  Livingston being added means Lumberton might be 6th instead of 7th in district next year.

This is the hidden content, please
 (3-11-0)

(1-12-0)

(3-7-1)

Beaumont Ozen (4-9-0)

(7-13-0)

Baytown Lee (2-0-0)

(12-10-1)

PAM (0-0)

Damn you Bigdog! You and I both know that info but I could have had a fun debate with jagwhatever cuz he wouldn't have done the homework. Now you screwed up my fun with the history lesson. Way to go.

28 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Damn you Bigdog! You and I both know that info but I could have had a fun debate with jagwhatever cuz he wouldn't have done the homework. Now you screwed up my fun with the history lesson. Way to go.

Sorry,  please continue.  Far be it for me to stop someone's fun. :) 

3 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I have come to the final conclusion that the UIL members are idiots. Why do they keep throwing Livingston in 22-5A and not Barbers Hill. Livingston would be better off with the district 21-5A as for as travel. Nine team districts should not be allowed to exist. Some teams may loose their bye weeks because of this stupidity because now all schedules need to be redone. I know there is no precise way to make these districts but we need some people with some brains up there to try to keep the closest teams in the same district.

90% of the time UIL gets its right. This was not because of them. Livingston turned in the wrong numbers and it was not revealed until after redistricting was over. The best solution for everyone was to place them in one district with only 8 teams to create a 9 team district and not try to mess with more teams schedules than UIL had to. If they had turned in the right numbers than who knows how the districts would have ended up. This is on Livingston not the UIL.

5 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I have come to the final conclusion that the UIL members are idiots. Why do they keep throwing Livingston in 22-5A and not Barbers Hill. Livingston would be better off with the district 21-5A as for as travel. Nine team districts should not be allowed to exist. Some teams may loose their bye weeks because of this stupidity because now all schedules need to be redone. I know there is no precise way to make these districts but we need some people with some brains up there to try to keep the closest teams in the same district.

I personally like the 9 team district. Only two non-district games then it all really matters. 21-5a has been a 9 team district for years. The one's I think are silly is the districts that have 5 or 6 teams and 4 make the playoffs. That's ridiculous.  I also think the Westbrook thing is crazy.  Couldn't BISD solve the problem their self and re-zone their schools to make three 5a schools ?

If Livingston did indeed intentionally try to manipulate the numbers (as I've been told) there should repercussions.  Not only have they help create scheduling nightmares for some schools they will cost those who did right thou$and$ in tickets, concessions, etc if they can not find another opponent.  Pathetic.

19 hours ago, CCRed said:

I personally like the 9 team district. Only two non-district games then it all really matters. 21-5a has been a 9 team district for years. The one's I think are silly is the districts that have 5 or 6 teams and 4 make the playoffs. That's ridiculous.  I also think the Westbrook thing is crazy.  Couldn't BISD solve the problem their self and re-zone their schools to make three 5a schools ?

If BISD would zone properly, district 22-5A could be:

West Brook

Central

Ozen

PA Memorial

Nederland

PNG

Lumberton

Vidor

Longest drive would be 45 mins

(Put Livingston in 21-5A)