Playoff Games

no-look

Other than the one mentioned, these are the only match ups or likely match ups involving our local teams that are set:

21-6A vs. 22-6A

#1 North Shore vs. either Pearland, Manvel or Pasadena Dobie

21-5A vs. 22-5A

#1 CE King vs. either Nederland or Baytown Lee

#2 Kingwood Park vs. either Nederland or Baytown Lee

#1 or #2 Beaumont Central vs. either Humble or New Caney

#1 or #2 Beaumont Ozen vs. either Humble or New Caney

20-4A vs. 19-4A

#1 Lufkin Hudson vs. either Henderson, Rusk or Carthage

#2 Diboll vs. either Henderson, Rusk or Carthage

#3 Jasper vs. either Center or Tatum

#4 Huntington vs. either Center or Tatum

23-4A vs. 24-4A

#1 or #2 Huffman vs. either Bridge City, LC-M or WO-S

#1 or #2 Coldspring vs. either Bridge City, LC-M or WO-S

#3 or #4 Liberty vs. Hardin-Jefferson or Silsbee

#3 or #4 Shepherd vs. Hardin-Jefferson or Silsbee

22-3A vs. 21-3A

#1 Central Heights vs. either Buffalo, Crockett or Westwood

#2 Pollock Central vs. either Buffalo, Crockett or Westwood

#3 or #4 Woodville vs. either New Waverly or Trinity

#3 or #4 Woden vs. either New Waverly or Trinity

23-3A vs. 24-3A

#1 Kountze vs. Van Vleck

#2 East Chambers vs. East Benard or Hitchcock

#3 Buna vs. East Benard or Hitchcock

#4 Anahuac vs. Hempstead

23-2A vs. 24-2A

#1 San Augustine vs. West Hardin

#2 West Sabine vs. Sabine Pass

#3 or #4 Lufkin Pineywoods vs. Big Sandy or Evadale

#3 or #4 Zavalla vs. Big Sandy or Evadale

29-1A vs. 30-1A

#1 Leggett bye

43 minutes ago, Mr.Green Jeans said:

I hope setx is represented well at the state tournament this year, however I think it will be a tough task to get more than one team there.

I do not believe any SETX team will be in a state championship game this year.

I have been wrong before.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

They always have been covered on this site.

Oh ok. I don't see anybody broadcasting their games or attending them aside from a game or two at the Marathon so I wasn't for sure.

I am on record saying Big Sandy would not only NOT lose another game once they entered district play, but I also do not believe anybody will play them within 20 points the rest of the way.....to the ship.

36 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

Oh ok. I don't see anybody broadcasting their games or attending them aside from a game or two at the Marathon so I wasn't for sure.

Because we don't broadcast their games means we don't cover them? There are several, several teams we do not broadcast that we still cover on this site. I have been to several Big Sandy games.

FYI, our broadcast partners at 92.3 The Eagle do Big Sandy games.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Not not losing a game in district was really putting yourself out there. The 20 pt win margin is at least not such a sure thing.

Who said anything about district games? I made the statement when they went into district that they would not play in a game from here on out, within 20 points. It had nothing to do with their district opponents.

Other than BS Wildcats, I am the only person on the site that has been to 15 plus Big Sandy games this year. Thanks.

AAW, I have seen at 3 games for sure. Not sure where he was hiding for those "several" games that he seen, but I only ran into him at the Marathon on two games and 1 other regular season game, I believe. No district games.

3 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

Who said anything about district games? I made the statement when they went into district that they would not play in a game from here on out, within 20 points. It had nothing to do with their district opponents.

Other than BS Wildcats, I am the only person on the site that has been to 15 plus Big Sandy games this year. Thanks.

AAW, I have seen at 3 games for sure. Not sure where he was hiding for those "several" games that he seen, but I only ran into him at the Marathon on two games and 1 other regular season game, I believe. No district games.

Saw them play HJ in 1st week. Saw them play 3 games at Big Sandy Tourney. Saw them play 3 games at HJ tourney. Saw them play 5 games at East Chambers Tourney. Saw them play LC-M a couple of weeks ago.

I would say 13 games qualifies as "several".

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Saw them play HJ in 1st week. Saw them play 3 games at Big Sandy Tourney. Saw them play 3 games at HJ tourney. Saw them play 5 games at East Chambers Tourney. Saw them play LC-M a couple of weeks ago.

I would say 13 games qualifies as "several".

Yes, HJ first week ( I knew that was the one game I seen you at that was not HJ Marathon)

I wasn't at BS Tourney.....And I knew about the 2/3 games at Marathon where I had seen you. Nederland game for sure

I never seen you at the EC Tourney.......I was there for every Big Sandy game sitting next to Gabe. Not to say u weren't there but I didn't run into ya.

I stand corrected if you have seen 13 games, you certainly deserve the credit. I'm usually pretty good about locating you at sporting events. LOL

Just now, MOSSHILL said:

Yes, HJ first week ( I knew that was the one game I seen you at that was not HJ Marathon)

I wasn't at BS Tourney.....And I knew about the 2/3 games at Marathon where I had seen you. Nederland game for sure

I never seen you at the EC Tourney.......I was there for every Big Sandy game sitting next to Gabe. Not to say u weren't there but I didn't run into ya.

I stand corrected if you have seen 13 games, you certainly deserve the credit. I'm usually pretty good about locating you at sporting events. LOL

Sat mid court at broadcast table on the floor. Was there every day of tourney. Broadcast 3 games on final day.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Sat mid court at broadcast table on the floor. Was there every day of tourney. Broadcast 3 games on final day.

Nice....I was sitting right behind you the entire time. During the La Marque game, Hancock, Sutherland were sitting down there with some young guy. There was a guy next to him but couldn't see his face. Maybe that was you.

36 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

Re-read the comment past the bold letters...........You'd have to be an idiot to believe I was talking about their district competition. COME ON man.

....................to the SHIP (playoffs)

And I was saying the district part was a given barring the starting 5 leaving school!! But even though I won't be surprised if no one comes close, the other part of that statement is kind of tough.  I didn't think anyone would beat them last year but I sat there and watched it happen. I have only seen them a few times this year but have the same feeling.

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

And I was saying the district part was a given barring the starting 5 leaving school!! But even though I won't be surprised if no one comes close, the other part of that statement is kind of tough.  I didn't think anyone would beat them last year but I sat there and watched it happen. I have only seen them a few times this year but have the same feeling.

I hear you. It's a bold statement for sure.