Greatest Team in SE Texas

4 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

2003-04 KOUNTZE? Are you serious? woooooow....Our 2001 Ozen team that went 36-0 could have won state at ANY classification....Could Kountze? Let me answer that, HECK NO! Come on, man!

I believe the 02-03 kountze team played ozen lost and Ozen cancelled the game the following year if thats correct ? Sadly I'm young so that 2001 team I didn't get to see in person so ill take your word for it lol. But that 03-04 kountze team did play Houston Milby who was nationally ranked in the playoff warm up and lost by single digits if my memory is correct. 

2 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

2001 Ozen...but I get the message loud and clear and THEY know it too! We would have BLOWN those smaller teams OUT...Including the 1991 Hardin Jefferson squad...We would have beaten them worse than that! We actually DID beat the 2001 Kountze team that was VERY good too by 20, WITHOUT Perk (injured in the 1st quarter of the game) when we both #1 in our respective classes..People kill me when they forget how good those old teams REALLY were...SMH...How could they even try to compare 91 HJ to 91 Lincoln? Seriously?

I meant no offense in 91 i wasn't even in elementary school yet. Thats why I asked the question lol. Just trying to gain some knowledge from the guys who have seen it all.  

Just now, HSbballFan said:

I believe the 02-03 kountze team played ozen lost by a few point and Ozen cancelled the game the following year if thats correct ? Sadly I'm young so that 2001 team I didn't get to see in person so ill take your word for it lol. But that 03-04 kountze team did play Houston Milby who was nationally ranked in the playoff warm up and lost by single digits if my memory is correct. 

We didn't play Kountze after the 2001-02 season when we returned the game from 2001 and played at Kountze, winning by 30 (they were young that year)...That 2004 Houston Milby team was good in a down year for Texas basketball...They were very talented but so darn undisciplined..They likely took Kountze for a joke and went in not taking them serious..Matters not if it was CLOSE, they were clearly out of their league against them, as they would be against Ozen and Lincoln during those years...

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

Honestly. Do you REALLY think if HJ played that Lincoln team 5 times that season, would HJ had even beaten them ONCE?  I say NO and they would all been double digit HJ losses. What do you think?

I didn't say HJ could have beaten them.  But I can assure you that the scrimmage was closer than 20 points.  That same year, HJ also beat Syracuse signee Lukie Jackson and the Westbrook Bruins.

Just for the sake of the argument, Kountze never lost to Ozen by double figures under the helm of Todd Southerland. Also Milby was ranked 4th in the nation, and went on to win the 5A State Championship that capped off their undefeated season. I just so happened to be in Kountze tonight for a JH game.

42 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Just for the sake of the argument, Kountze never lost to Ozen by double figures under the helm of Todd Southerland. Also Milby was ranked 4th in the nation, and went on to win the 5A State Championship that capped off their undefeated season. I just so happened to be in Kountze tonight for a JH game.

I was the Kountze coach lol

1 hour ago, About a week ago said:

In 2001 the score was 73 to 60 vs. Todd Southerland

Statistically the 2001 Ozen Panthers were the best team ever...

Ozen averaged 82 ppg.

Opponents averaged 42 ppg.

Overall record- 36-0

National rankings- top 15 nationally

6 players averaged double digits

Hall of fame coach= Andre Boutte

McDonald's All American= Kendrick Perkins...straight out of high school...

No team in this area compares statistically...

If so make your case...

Thank you

• Lets not forget poor lil ol Buna....Boys Basketball - 
    This is the hidden content, please
    • 1955(1A), 1956(1A), 1957(2A), 1959(2A), 1961(2A), 1962(2A), 1963(2A)
  • Girls Basketball - 
    • 1956(1A), 1957(2A), 1960(2A), 1961(2A)

Buna High School is the only High School in the State of Texas to win both boys and girls championships (same sport) in the same year three different times 1956, 1957 and 1961.

2 hours ago, exmarine1980 said:
  • Lets not forget poor lil ol Buna....Boys Basketball - 
  • Girls Basketball - 

Buna High School is the only High School in the State of Texas to win both boys and girls championships (same sport) in the same year three different times 1956, 1957 and 1961.

Impressive!

3 hours ago, exmarine1980 said:
  • andLets not forget poor lil ol Buna....Boys Basketball - 
  • Girls Basketball - 

The greatest Team not program...none of those buna teams compare to that team statistically...I respect buna and the rich tradition but you can't compare....