James Gamble Classic Teams

I ain't got a fight in this at all.  But it is what it is. But I do seem to remember about 2 years ago,  Central and Ozen,  both highly ranked teams were on the same side of the bracket. 

and who beat Central in the championship game 42-39? 

Lace up and play or go home and whine. 

This tournament is an annual tribute to a worthy man and coach. The seedings every year is what it is. The host team will always take a less difficult route to an opinionated championship/finals. Just play who ever is in front of you or find other tournaments like most area teams have. The late Al Davis said "Just Win Baby".................. The possibilty of Ozen playing PA Memorial 3 times and Westbrook 2 times in a span of  39 days is ludicrous. It's a recipe for getting a lost with nothing to gain and area bragging rights to be shared. These are high school athletes the "mental focus and toughness" is unpredictable at best. jmo and the buttered popcorn is ready lol..... 

This tournament is an annual tribute to a worthy man and coach. The seedings every year is what it is. The host team will always take a less difficult route to an opinionated championship/finals. Just play who ever is in front of you or find other tournaments like most area teams have. The late Al Davis said "Just Win Baby".................. The possibilty of Ozen playing PA Memorial 3 times and Westbrook 2 times in a span of  39 days is ludicrous. It's a recipe for getting a lost with nothing to gain and area bragging rights to be shared. These are high school athletes the "mental focus and toughness" is unpredictable at best. jmo and the buttered popcorn is ready lol..... 

For everyone except Memorial and West Brook, its just another non district opportunity to get ready for district play. 

Ozen should skip this tournament because like the YMBL ,the Gamble hasn't been competitive in years . It doesn't benefit Ozen to play Memorial for the 6th time(including preseason) and West Brook (possible 2x). Your right play whoever is in front you. I absolutely hate seeing SETX tournaments mainly YMBL & Gamble . Nederland & HJ make their tournaments competitive why cant these tournamentsdo the same.

Ozen should skip this tournament because like the YMBL ,the Gamble hasn't been competitive in years . It doesn't benefit Ozen to play Memorial for the 6th time(including preseason) and West Brook (possible 2x). Your right play whoever is in front you. I absolutely hate seeing SETX tournaments mainly YMBL & Gamble . Nederland & HJ make their tournaments competitive why cant these tournamentsdo the same.

Two words: pool play

As much as I've enjoyed watching the Gamble and still do, I gotta agree with you.  I don't think there's any doubt that Ozen could get in better work somewhere else. 

I'm just happy we have another acknowledgement that Memorial does get the favoritism in this tourney. That's my ONLY point.  :) 

whining is your ONLY point, like I said before: replace Ozen with HF, another state championship program who would be happy to lace up and play. :)

yep! With the UIL reducing the amount of non-district games, coaches are wanting their teams to play at least 3 games in tournaments. Pool play tournaments offer 3 minimal, sometimes 4. In a traditional tournament format, a team might only play two games and be done. Definitely NOT what coaches are looking for, therefore the quality of teams may be compromised. 

yep! With the UIL reducing the amount of non-district games, coaches are wanting their teams to play at least 3 games in tournaments. Pool play tournaments offer 3 minimal, sometimes 4. In a traditional tournament format, a team might only play two games and be done. Definitely NOT what coaches are looking for, therefore the quality of teams may be compromised. 

Yep,  S. E. Texas will need to change with the times. 

Yep,  S. E. Texas will need to change with the times. 

as they say u gotta pay to play... I think RsSports is gonna get involved with the YMBL next year which means possibly moving the date and bringing in more quality teams. Having the girls on a different date as well. Maybe the Gamble should don the same.

as they say u gotta pay to play... I think RsSports is gonna get involved with the YMBL next year which means possibly moving the date and bringing in more quality teams. Having the girls on a different date as well. Maybe the Gamble should don the same.

That's a good move.  Hicks has the contacts to bring in teams and the experience to promote and set up the YMBL for the 21st Century.